Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail

Go down 
+3
alj
dkchristi
joefrank
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

joefrank wrote:
11/22/2013

One last word on this I just read to my amazement and shock !
                     John Bohener signed up for the health care act, I'm in a state of
                     shock ! He stated it took him four hours, one phone call and finally
                     he joined, I guess he dropped his govt. insurance ?

DK....I do humbly apologize to you, I know your a great compassionate
                               lady and I admire you for that....So sorry...

Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
At $25,00 an hour which is far above his worth, he got a real bargain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 am

The healthcare issue continues.  People that I have talked with who are employed, are against reform, however with the ACA their current Insurer promises to reduce their premiums.  Those who are unemployed are in favor of the ACA.  It appears that there is always a motive or an agenda behind beliefs or actions one takes.  What ticks me off is an Insurer that will reduce premiums if they feel they may lose a good customer.  If they can afford to reduce the premiums, why not reduce them without the thread of loss?  I just went through a similar situation with my Auto Insurance.  It was time for renewal and I got pricing from other Insurers.  My current Insurer said they would reduce my premiums.  That doesn’t sit well with me and I will change my Insurer.  Greed plays a role and the benefits of greed should be short-term.  Obama’s efforts with the ACA will benefit even those who don’t change their Insurer.  Competition benefits everyone
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:19 am

Unfortunately, the entire healthcare system is rampant with greed.  That's why the costs are so high.  It is not the cost of delivery of services to the elderly or those in need, very efficient systems for the most part delivering services that are beyond their control.

Pharma charges exorbitantly for drugs, purposefully prevents  sharing of new drug info, limits the patents so generics can't get in until they have a new drug and advertising drugs to create a demand from patients for drugs they do not need or could serve the purpose with lifestyle changes as well as lying to doctors about a drug's efficacy.  Doctors get their drug training from the pharma salespeople (models for the most part - beautiful young women for the male doctors and handsome men for the female doctors) - doesn't anyone see a problem there?

Hospitals knowingly charge $35 for an aspirin to cover the costs of nursing, aides, and cleaning and executive salaries?  Give me a break.  Real costs should show for real expenses.  How much do those "non-profit" executives really make?  How much is patient care and how much profit-taking (even non- profits profit those in the know).

Insurance companies are horrid beyond belief and only the provisions of the ACA have helped clean them up a bit - and they don't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:32 am

What DK said, and then some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am

12/5/2013

The law should state hospital aren't allowed to charge exhorbent prices,
                  their should be strict and I mean very strict guidelines, eveidently the afforadble
                  care act missed this point , they need to add this...Aspirins only cost 2.99 a bottle
                  bring your own..

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 am

An attempt is being made to measure medical care by performance and bill by same rather than billing by service performed.  This is encouraged by ACA but not mandated.

Doctors and hospitals for the most part are against wellness billing and prefer fees for services.  (Reality - fees for services are easier to pad and escalate).  When insurance clamps down on fees charged, doctors drop out of that insurance program.

Billing by services encourages multiple doctors' bills, multiple tests, too many prescriptions, etc.  Billing instead needs to be according to wellness success.

I read somewhere that this fee billing without patient awareness started by paying doctors with chickens and hogs - whatever a person had. Thus, the lack of standards for medical costs - they are whatever the market bears and vary grossly across the U.S. and within specialties.

Start asking your physician how much each service costs before it is performed.  They'll have a fit.  Yet, we ask for estimates on a toilet repair.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am

This is one of the reasons we needed health care change. It may not be mandated, but it will get better, because the old system involved focusing insurance on those who could afford to pay high premiums, expected extra services, and didn't pay much attention to the bill since the insurance company was paying it. Padding the bill helped both hospitals and insurance companies. it was just how it was done, and why these groups are coming down hard on the congressmen they paid for with their campaign donations, because insurance companies will no longer be able to compensate through junk policies and exclusions.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 am

12/5/2013

My Dr. charges my insurance $95.00 , they pay him $65.00
                      I don't pay a co-pay for my reg. Dr., every time I see the Dr.
                      they send me a statement..

Cheers....Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 am

Sounds like you had a policy you liked, and were able to keep it, Joe.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 am

Agree with above comments.  Changing the system will occur when enough people get pissed off.  Insurance companies can earn a reasonable profit by doing business in an honorable manner.  It is said that there is honor among thieves.  Perhaps that's what happened to honor.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 am

12/6/2013

Ann..

It's called Humana Senior..

Cheers..Joe....................Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 am

Each state and county has a variety of insurance choices. Hard to compare
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:23 am

True, but Joe's experience is a good indication that ACA works. As Obama said, If you like your plan you can keep it. That has proved true for the majority, including Joe, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 am

I think they should have retired used car sales people handle the medical billing...that way we would know which end of the stick they are screwing us with.

In 1980 I worked for GM. I paid $17,000 for a new Cad. GM's cost to build the car? $3,500.
That Cad was my last new car.

Is there anything we don't get screwed on?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 am

12/6/2013

Ann..

National Health Care has nothing to do with Senior Medicare or
                        Humana Senior HMO , if they started screwing with that then I'll be
                        first in line of 50 million seniors marching on Washington....

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:10 am

What is National Health Care, Joe?  Medicare is a government health care program, and has connections to the ACA.  The point is, you have a health care plan that you like, and have not had to change it because of the ACA.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

12/6/2013

The ACA has nothing to do with that, seperate entity...
                        The ACA affects other people ...I think your pulling my chain ?

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:47 pm

No, the ACA is connected to Medicare.  Because of the ACA, Medicare now pays 100% for a list of pre-screening services such as colonoscopy and mammogram.  Also, the ACA made improvements to the payment to providers system that reduced the cost of Medicare and extended its life by eight to ten years.  Also there is a reduction in the pharmaceutical "donut hole" that Medicare recipients paid before the ACA.

Medicare is an exceptionally well run program.  Though fraud is a problem in private and government businesses, Medicare fraud is actually a very small percentage and that percentage is closing all the time as more scrutiny is demanded of providers and insurers to actually prove they have improved the lives of patients.  This proof is unfortunately a greater amount of paperwork for physicians who abhor being financially accountable and therefore drop services to medicare recipients because they don't want to do the paperwork and want to continue charging for unnecessary services and tests.  If they were all honest, that paperwork would not be necessary.  Fat chance.

A benefit of the ACA no one seems to talk about is the refunds individuals and businesses are getting from their insurance providers.  Before providers could charge exorbitant premiums and provide minimal services.  Now, if a certain percentage of the premium costs are not delivered in services, businesses and individuals receive refunds.  For some businesses, they are substantial.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:48 pm

I forgot to add that Medicare includes more services because of the ACA such as medical counseling for weight issues, etc.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:53 pm

joefrank wrote:
12/6/2013

The ACA has nothing to do with that, seperate entity...
                        The ACA affects other people ...I think your pulling my chain ?

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Kind of, but gently, Joe.  My point is that you had a plan you liked and were able to keep it, so why are you so upset?  The law worked as it should have worked for you and the vast majority of people.

Just sayin' Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4