Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Obama Care flushed for another year ?

Go down 
+3
LC
dkchristi
joefrank
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Obama Care flushed for another year ? Empty
PostSubject: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 pm

11/4/2013

I just saw on my local news site that Obama Care maybe flushed on hold for
                    another year because of major problems with it and many major hospitals say
                    they will only accept one or two insurances on the exchange , they say there's
                    nothing that will foece them to accept any others. Here our major hospital is
                    going over Obama Care and they will make major decisions this week on what
                    they will accept or not....Stay tuned..Rumors out of Washington they put the
                    mandatory individual off for a year ?

Cheers....Joe...Obama Care flushed for another year ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Pitiful.  So many people are desperate for healthcare.  Too bad those "with" care so little about those "without" and have spent the entire development phase fighting the success of the plan.  All U.S. citizens should be upset for the waste of taxpayer dollars when one party, in this case the republicans, do everything on God's green earth to destroy a needed benefit to millions of U. S. citizens, including people near and dear to me who work very hard but have no other access to affordable health care - this is their safety chute - being threatened before it's even inflated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 pm

11/4/2013

I just read in our newspaper our major hospital St. Vincents will be
                cutting jobs ! That is a disgrace anda poor excuse for this community !

Cheers..Joe..Obama Care flushed for another year ? 925501
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

It's not "pitiful," DK, and you speak of "haves" as though they're all fat cats. Millions of people have now LOST their private policies and it's not because the insurance companies just arbitrarily raised rates like you and Abe claimed earlier, or eagerly dropped them. It's because the Obama admin defined their policies as not meeting the ACA's minimum requirements. Obama called their policies substandard, yet HE'S the one who defined them as substandard.

He repeats and repeats that the exchange policies are so much better, but that is NOT what many people are finding for themselves. They had policies that suited them -appropriate deductibles for their age and health, for instance -but were told nope, no good, you need THIS insurance instead -for UNAFFORDABLE prices for them, esp. those who were right over the cutoff for subsidies. Affordable care act, indeed.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 pm

11/4/2013

Many people and I mean many men are pissed off because they are forced to
                take Maternity care and a few others that they don't need , I agree with them
                and who the "HELL , does the govt. think it is to tell people we know better what's
                good for you , they don't ! Screw them....

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I've never indicated that the ACA is perfect.  I have often repeated that it's purpose was to provide insurance for those uninsured who had no options for affordable insurance.  It does that.  Unfortunately, it is an omnibus bill that attempted to correct many things.  It's sort of like the home repair where they deliver a brand new refrigerator and break the tile installing it.  Putting forth the program for those needing affordable insurance entailed other "fixes" that have proved a problem for too many people.  I in no way condone the alacrity with which insurance companies have jumped into the fray by dropping hospitals, dropping policies, dropping doctors, and the list goes on.  It's like a free for all in the insurance industry right now, including the very successful Medicare providers.  I, too, am changing policies because my current one dropped lots of doctors, dropped health clubs, and raised monthly and doctor visit costs. 

Can you not see that insurance companies are taking advantage of the current controversy over the ACA to clean house and ramp up their profits? 

In reality, these issues should be a call for improvement, not a call to waste all the money invested in this program already. 

And yes, the "haves" in my opinion do have an obligation to help others who "have not" and therefore I have a different opinion than some people. I believe a healthy nation contributes to a healthy economy and therefore a better place for all.

It always amazes me that those who have gained so much from the benefits of a country of laws and government services would not want to provide a hand up to others that follow behind.  I don't mean those who are comfortable.  I mean those in the 1% who hide their assets, use offshore accounts, take jobs overseas, receive subsidies and otherwise do all they can to not contribute their fair share of taxes while those of ordinary means are faced with doing all the sharing with their less able brethren.  On that point, I too take exception.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Quote :
I in no way condone the alacrity with which insurance companies have jumped into the fray by dropping hospitals, dropping policies, dropping doctors, and the list goes on.
The insurance companies haven't dropped the hospitals and doctors. The hospitals and doctors dropped the insurance companies.

There are too many things at play here for me to believe these are unintended consequences. I think this is exactly what was intended, to eventually herd us all to a single-payer system. And that system isn't going to be as kind to you and Abe as the Medicare you've both praised so highly.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm

11/5/2013

The Govt. wants to control the whole health care system and turn it into
                 Medicaide, what do you think they've been plotting all along and oh yes 
                 the big "LIE !" You can keep you health insurance ! What Bullshit !!!!!!!!!
                 Tell that lie again to the hundreds of thousands who lost their healthcare !

Cheers..Joe..........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

I agree with DK's statement.  The arguments put forth about how the ACA is being implemented and therefore bad, doesn't change my opinion.  With any new program, there are gliches.  I am most disturbed by the fight against it.  One must remember (or research) the fight against Social Security and Medicare when they were first introduced.  Programs that were for the benefit of the citizens were fought against by the opposing political party.  People rely on their SS that they paid into for retirement and to this day, the opposition wants to cut it.  Taking a general view, I see that programs that are designed to help the needy are opposed by the Republican party.  They are perceived to be the party of the super rich whose actions are not as givers, but rather as takers.  Their attitude seems to be that "if you are poor, you deserve to be poor".  One could equate that with, "If you are sick, you deserve to be sick" based on their fight to keep help from those needing help.  To repeat an earlier statement:  "Good univeral healthcare programs exist."  And with these programs, the citizens benefit as well as the insurers.  I've heard people argue that what works in another country won't work in America.  Why?  I can only speculate on the why and don't want to get into that.
My feelings are that those opposed will change their minds when they are personally in need, however it may be too late for them.  For those who know people in need, who can't afford healthcare coverage or can't get a policy that will cover "pre-existing condions", are those that support the ACA program.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:58 am

11/5/2013

Sorry, the whole program is scandalous, people loosing their insurance
                   by the thousands because they don't meet the Obama Care Mandates !
                   Where is if you like your insurance you can keep it , said since 2009, now
                   it's changed to if you insurance can meet the mandates ! What liers ! They
                   need to re-do the whole plan , knock it down from3,500 pages to 50 pages!
                   Make companies keep their clients, not drop them because of some weird
                   manadtes people have to accept which they don't need especially if your
                  in your 40, 50's and especially if your a male ! These morons should have
                  studied other countries plans for the past three years, instead of coming
                  up with something made up by politicians and falling apart fast..

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:36 am

Joe, those people have junk policies that do not meet the minimum standards set by the ACA. they are only OK if you are healthy. Once you become ill, the rates rise or you get cancelled. The problem is the insurance companies who have been selling bad policies to unsuspecting clients who have been pulled in by promises that the companies were not required to keep before ACA. they will be able to get new, affordable policies under the new laws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am

I think the whole country would be better if FOX was taken off the air.  The continuous hate litany and cloaked lies and insinuations and innuendo eat at the psyche of desperate people and they are taken in - the whole purpose of the format.

I have said before and repeat:  Rush LImbaugh and that crowd are actors who are paid for their lies and drama.  They do not believe themselves half the trash they peddle.  Pitiful for the people that listen and harm their own best interests by thinking they are hearing truth.

My car radio is set at 92.2 a FOX station with all the ultra conservative nay-sayers.  I am in my car a lot.  I shake my head in sorrow for all the ill they are causing these United States of America by sucking in the suckers who are but pawns for the super wealthy class that lives in a bubble and doesn't give a tinker about the rest of the people.  They have their comforts.  Their goal is to increase them and decrease their cost.  It makes sense if you can get away with it, and they are getting better at it every year.

Funny thing, though, they collect their Social Security and Medicare - if they are so opposed to government programs then they should give up their mad money, stay off the highways, out of the air, and not eat the food protected by the FDA.  The programs they are opposed to are those that benefit anyone else but them.  Shame.

I know.  Some things I know.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 am

FOX talking heads remind me of the lonely people who call in to Home Shopping Club and talk about their purchases with their "friends" who sold them to them.  Many are elderly, alone with their tv and a credit card, buying things they don't need because such nice people are selling to them.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 am

11/5/2013

Sorry...The plan needs to be overhauled. I know it doesn't effect you or me
                wait till 2014 when they take billions out of medicare, God help us. I say re-do it
                make it a single payer plan, knock down all those stupid pages they created and
                stop telling the American public we know what's best for you ! Sorry you don't !
                We know what's best for us ! Oh yes, I don't listen to Fox or anyone else !!

Cheers.....Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 am

They passed the best plan thye could get through Congress at the time. It isn't perfect. It will need some work i the future, but we can't go backwards. Similar problems occurred with SS, medicare and Part D.

Relax and give it time to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

It will work if given a chance.  Medicare  had much opposition and it is alive and very well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 pm

11/5/2013

" YEAH FOR SENIORS !"

Cheers....Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Quote :
 It will work if given a chance. Medicare had much opposition and it is alive and very well.
Like I said earlier, Medicare in its present form is going away for you, too. Which is fine with me, actually, as I think it's way too generous.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/08/seniors-lose-insurance-and-doctors-under-obamacare/
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 pm

11/11/2013

From what I read in that article it effects Seniors with PPO Medicare Advantage
              Plans , not Seniors with HMO Medicare. I read on several news sites that the
              Democrats are so upset with the white house and hysterical about next year's
              elections they begged Pres. Obama to put off the Health Insurance till the end of
              2014 till after the elcetions, they let him know their jobs are on the line , as one
              told him "You have your job , you have nothing to worry about , we have to try to
              keep our jobs !"  This should be very interesting...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:33 pm

PPO Medicare Advantage Plan today, HMO Medicare tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:36 pm

11/11/2013

They wouldn't have the Kahonas ! The seniors would storm
                       Washington, and there's more than 50 Million...That would be awesome !

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:31 pm

11/13/2013

Democrats are giving the White House and Pres. Obama till Friday
                  Nov. 15,2013 to change the health care law or else they will go
                  across the isle and vote on the Republican plan, nothing like 
                  being up for re-election in 2014, Democrats are so terrified, all
                  28 of them went to the White House last Friday and begged the
                  Pres. to change the law, I doubt he will....It's ashame 4.5 Million
                  people have lost their health insurance because of ignorant and
                  stupid arrogant politicians, they all should be charges of treason !

Cheers...Joe..Obama Care flushed for another year ? 925501
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Quote :

4.5 Million
                  people have lost their health insurance                      
Going to lose their identities, too ...just a matter of time.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/12/audit-minnesota-obamacare-exchange-lacks-basic-security/
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

11/13/2013

I believe it , Siebelis even confirmed to Congress their is no
                law to check the backgrounds of people hired to help other people
                with the health care law , I think this is an act of treason, impeachment
                is on the horizon..

Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 am

I don't believe that the threat of impeachment is a serious thing.  It ranks along with other terms of intimidation, i.e., Racist and Anti-Semetic. Labels are a threat for the gullible.   I doubt there is anyone on this forum that hasn't been affected by intimidation by some label.  Perhaps that was partly due to being "Politically Correct". 
At I get older, I'm becoming less concerned about what I say.  Trying to please or not offend can be dishonest.  It is said that the truth hurts.  Do we want not to hurt and hear lies or hurt a bit and hear the truth? 

Just my morning flush.  Now I feel better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Care flushed for another year ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next