Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Obama Care flushed for another year ?

Go down 
+3
LC
dkchristi
joefrank
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 am

11/13/2013

We'll we shall see if the Democrats twist the White House's arm,
                      after all their tushes are on the line 2014 is coming faster and I
                      believe the White House doesn't give a dam if they get re-elected
                      or not, after all they don't have to run...Ignorance and arrogance.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 pm

11/14/2013

As of today both Democrats and Republicans are calling the so 
                     called " FIX," by Pres. Obama a " FLASH IN THE PAN, IT WON'T
                     WORK."  You can't force helath insurance companies to re-instate
                     people who were dropped , the states control health insurance not
                     the Federal govt. well another slam dunk for the White House...

Cheers...Joe...Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 634186
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Nobody I know scraping by on social security, because they earned so little in life for their labor to put any aside and therefore also receive smaller ss checks, is feeling that Medicare is "too generous."  It covers no more than 80% which is what typical private insurance covers.  Contributions are made from that meager social security check to pay for medicare. 

The issue in my book is not how overpaid recipients are but rather that some people are recipients at all.  There should be means testing for receipt of senior benefits.  It's disgusting to hear the wealthy say, "oh, goody, I'm almost 65 and can draw my social security for fun money."  It isn't "fun money" to the rest of us.  It saved us from homeless in the last recession.  It made us able to continue contributing to the economy by purchasing needed goods and services instead of installed in a homeless shelter contributing nothing.

We worked approximately 50 years, raised families, contributed the bulk of the taxes paid into governments (because we didn't earn enough to escape them), a higher percentage of our subsistence than the taxes paid by the wealthy.  We paid for social security benefits for those who came before us as those following us pay for what we receive today.  It was a well-designed system for a growing economy. 

Medicare is one of the best of the government programs today.  Messing with it shows true hatred for people of reduced means, mostly the elderly and disabled.

Neither program will go broke if the ss taxes apply to all income with no cap, earned and gained through investment.  That's all it would take.  Then a generous means testing for recipients.  Program saved.

As for Obama Care.  I repeat - pitiful that the republican controlled states did not open exchanges putting such a burden on the national system.  Pitiful that the system designed by and for republicans is now the burden for democrats to defend.  Such is the irony of hatred.  Pitiful that the uninsured have been convinced to deny themselves the benefits of the program designed for them.  Again, the irony of hatred.

Those people losing insurance coverage have choices.  They had the income to pay for what they had and no one ended their income.  As for losing doctors.  Anyone who changed jobs under traditional insurance (me) had a new policy and new doctors with each job change.  So, what's the big deal?

The big deal is the hatred from the republican party to stir up every anecdote into their desire to ruin the Obama presidency.  They may succeed.  The success of Obama hate mongering is to the detriment of the working poor, their children and families.  The selfish greed of politicians never ceases to amaze me - only a bit more than the fact that we vote those people into office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:51 pm

DK, I hear people every day parrot the trash that the GOP has put forth.  Good, God fearing people.  I am convinced that I am not a friend of good god fearing people because they are ignorant and easily led by idiots on the radio and the Fox news.  I have quit trying to discuss anything with them.  they are just parrots,, no disparaging to Sport or any other vocal bird.  Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 4:25 pm

11/14/2013

DK..

My Gov. Susanna Martinez a Republican I beg your pardon, she allowed
                      the state of New Mexico to have health exchanges, so you see their are some
                      Gov.'s who help their own people !!

Cheers..Joe...Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 634186
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:22 pm

She did the right thing, Joe; and like all generalizations, there are exceptions.  Unfortunately, she is in the minority. She put the people who elected her first, before her own need for support from the Republican party.  It is a credit to her that she did the right thing. I see why you believe she is worthy of your support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:46 pm

11/15/2013

She is loved in this state, despite some Democrats who want to
                      destroy her. I admire her because she's the first woman to be a
                      Governor. Bill Richardson almost destroyed this state, he's arrogant
                      and Bill Clinton dropped him as a friend because in 2010 he refused
                      to back Hillary Clinton, that didn't go too well......

Cheers..Joe..Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 925501
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care flushed for another year ?   Obama Care flushed for another year ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Care flushed for another year ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2