Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Animal characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Animal characters Empty
PostSubject: Animal characters   Animal characters EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm

For Betty.
You have written a number of books about animals and thought you might find the following interesting:
We have three cats.  One is old – about 19 years of age and on his last leg.  The other two are brother and sister – both black cats.  The boy is named: Maxwell as in Agent 86 of the show, “Get Smart”.  The girl we call Agent 99.  She hunts and brings birds into the house, much to my dismay. Occasionally I am able to save the bird before it is eaten.  Max is a mouser and brings mice into the house and normally lays his catch next to Gisela’s kitchen chair.  Gisela is the one that most often feeds him and I suppose he is returning the favor bringing her what he thinks is a tasty delight.  He usually plays with the mouse, flipping it into the air – probably his method of tenderizing the meat.  Occasionally the mouse escapes as happened last week.  It ran into our bedroom and has been there ever since. We can’t find him/her.  Gisela eats snacks at night while sitting in the bed reading.  She has stomach problems and eats small portions often.  One of her favorite night snacks is a pretzel-like bread stick, about 6 inches long and the circumference about the size of a finger.  She lays one stick next to her bed on the nightstand to eat during the night.  Much to our chagrin, the stick she lays next to her bed goes missing.  There are no crumb and it is assumed that the mouse carries the entire stick away.  Where he stashes it, we don’t know.  We have named him Charlie.  Gisela continues to lay one stick for Charlie and the one for herself is covered. Our daughter, Christine, will bring a mouse trap the next time she visits.  The trap is not intended to kill Charlie, but to catch him so he can be released.  The problem trying to find Charlie has much to do with the various possible hiding places.  I once did spy him scampering away only to lose sight of him again.  Maxwell sits on the foot of my bed perhaps waiting for Charlie to appear, but so far has not succeeded in finding him.  The saga continues.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Animal characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal characters   Animal characters EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 12:01 pm

The saga continues.  We named the mouse Charlie.  Charlie took another bread stick last night.  I suggested to Gisela that she place a small pillow next to the Bread stick along with a small saucer of wine.  I picture him laying there with his legs crossed and with a straw, sipping the wine while munching on the breadstick.
Back to top Go down

Animal characters
Page 1 of 1