Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

best fantasy books?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vouivre

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-01-18

best fantasy books? Empty
PostSubject: best fantasy books?   best fantasy books? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:55 am

Hey everyone, I feel like I have asked this a million times before but what are your best fantasy novel recommendations? Some that are NOT only about fighting? (I am female, so I would prefer a balance of fighting, love, etc.)
My favourites are: The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss, if course the Lord of the rings series, The last unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (yup), the Pricess Bride by S. Morgenstern, The Game of thrones series, His dark materials by Philip Pullman, the Bartimaeus Sequence, and the Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. 
I would love to hear other peoples' favourites. I don't mind violence or gore, just hate when the whole story is a single big battle or if the story is so complex to begin with that you can't even bother to keep up with the names.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: best fantasy books?   best fantasy books? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:25 am

If you enjoyed the Potter books, you might enjoy reading Mr. Planemaker's Flying Machine. You can download a free copy here: 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0046REN9M
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
vouivre

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-01-18

PostSubject: Re: best fantasy books?   best fantasy books? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:36 am

Oh gosh I can't believe I forgot to mention them, but as it is Harry Potter is my favourite book of all times - I grew up with it and it shaped me as a person.
I've never heard of the Flying Machine (is that horrible?) so will definitely get it Smile thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cpena

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-02-21

PostSubject: Re: best fantasy books?   best fantasy books? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 am

I've read most of the Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books and I just love how he created middle-earth. I've been reading some reviews on the internet that Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher Saga is also a good fantasy series. Right now, Im torn between either buying The History of Middle-Earth or the Witcher Saga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best fantasy books?   best fantasy books? Empty

Back to top Go down

best fantasy books?
Page 1 of 1