Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Virus

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 1:26 pm

The naysayers always predict doom and gloom, and then there's an announcement to say that things are not so bad after all.

"The contraction at the height of the coronavirus lockdown was less severe than initially thought and the economy is now growing again, according to the Bank of England."

We'll be fine. Small businesses have been compensated and will have to decide whether to cut their losses or start up again. The threats to the car industry have subsided, but the aircraft engines company, Rolls Royce, has had to lay off a large number of workers. Many small airlines have disappeared. All in all, things are not looking too bad, even with the protest marches and attacks on monuments.

With everyone and his dog attacking Donald Trump, his followers are rallying around him and intensifying their support. A great deal can happen between now and November, and it probably will!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 pm

I agree that much can happen between now and the election.  It is my opinion that all the negative things being said about Trump, although true, may provide him with a sympathy vote – a “pity me” vote.  A favorite expression of Trump “let’s see what happens” means he has no credible response.  “Que Sera, Sera”, the song made famous by Doris Day, seems appropriate.  Speculating as to what might happen in the future is a guess.  I believe that business and the economy will survive and may even be stronger once the pandemic is past, however patience is required.   We must first eradicate the Virus.  Gisela is once again in the specialized clinic for treatment of her Myasthenia and LEMS disease and I am alone.  With social distancing, it makes it difficult, if not impossible. to associate with friends.  Visitors are not allowed at the Clinic.  Everyone is affected in some way to help reduce and eliminate the spread of the Virus.  Although it is normal for leaders to try and calm citizens to prevent panic, it is irresponsible for them to lie or downplay the seriousness of the problem.  This is part of the problem in the US where they are led to believe, by the President, that it will just disappear.  Many are defiant and refuse to wear masks or comply with social distancing policies thus prolonging the pandemic and causing even more deaths.  Governor Cuomo of NY, is the most credible leader in telling the truth and taking action to prevent the spread of the virus.  The results are evident.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:38 am

Please send my best wishes to Gisela, even if you cannot visit.

Today, the gas engineer arrived to service the boiler in the garage. I told my husband not to allow him inside the house. If he needed to check the pump to the central heating, he would have to do it at a later date when it was safer to enter the house. He asked if he could use the bathroom, but my husband said no because of the risk. Little things that you would normally not even think about now have to be thought through.

The election in November will probably be as close a contest as in 2016. Once again, Florida will probably decide who the winner will be. The mud slinging normally associated with presidential elections has been replaced with protests and anarchy, and it's not a pretty sight! Hard to predict who will win, but November will come around soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 am

Thanks for your good wishes, Shelagh.  I agree that taking extra precautions are necessary.  If people are offended, it is a reflection on them.
It is difficult to comprehend the lack of concern for the people who will be attending Trump’s rally in Oklahoma.  They have been warned by the experts; however, their arrogance may be costly.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 6:52 am

There is more afoot than the pandemic. Democrats are hell bent on destroying the America that Republicans voted for back in 2016. They don't so much want to destroy past history as they want to erase the past four years. Then they want to create a new order where individual rights trump community rights. They call it progressiveness, but in reality they will regress back to lawless America. Then the Second Amendment will come into play, even if a Democrat government tried to change it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 7:56 am

I am happy not to be living in Trump’s America.  It is not the first time that the Republicans stole an election.  The winner of the popular vote wasn’t elected.  The Democrats are not perfect, but their efforts to restore integrity to the office of the President and serve all the people is laudable.  The only reason I continue to hold an American passport is that I can vote.  My vote may not mean much, but at least I can still use my voice – lonely it may be.  At the moment, I am embarrassed to be identified as an American.  Although I served in the military, I would not serve under the current CIC. 
Gisela returned home on Thursday feeling much better.  The adjustments they made to her medication seems to be working.  Her next appointment at the clinic is in February of next year. 
We are following the guidelines by the experts concerning the Virus.  There is never a safety guarantee, however taking precautions for oneself and that of others is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 7:59 am

Something to consider:  Al Gore, an environmentalist, won the popular vote but GWB was installed by the Electoral College.  Hillary Clinton, a woman, won the popular vote but Trump was installed via the Electoral College.  The Electoral College is a power-driven entity that ignores the wishes of the people. The Electoral College is an antiquated system that should be eliminated. 
Just imagine what might have happened if both Al Gore and Hillary Clinton had become President.  We can’t change the past, but we can make corrections for a better future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Virus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Virus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2