Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail

Go down 
+3
alj
dkchristi
joefrank
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail Empty
PostSubject: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 am

11/15/2013

Well folks here we go again, the house passed a bill for people to keep
                  their insurance, Democrats went on their side, Harry Reid ( Mr. Stupid)
                  says he will veto it in the Senate and Pres. Obama says if it goes to him
                  it will be " Veoted"  It looks like millions more will loose their insurance
                  because the state Insurance control said " NO WAY !"  Horribble for all
                  those millions who will loose their insurance..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/obamacare-fix-problems-canceled_n_4277140.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D406563

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy

Last edited by joefrank on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Those who will lose their insurance can afford to buy another policy that will be better.  They are not people living in poverty who cannot afford insurance at all.  I feel sorry for their budgets.  They might have to pump up their insurance a bit because millions of other people have the opportunity for insurance.  They can cook at home more, drop their cable television, drop their smart phones, etc.  It's not like they have to cut their prescriptions in half and go to the food pantry to survive.

I see crying over a broken plate.  I changed insurances at least 14 times and doctors, too.  I did just fine.  I pay more taxes every year, more home insurance every year, higher auto insurance every year - and my income is fixed.

Every step forward has winners and losers.  In the short term, those people have to get new insurance.  My understanding it is like when my home insurance was cancelled; there were other insurers ready to insure me.  My homeowners in Florida at $1600 per year was cancelled; the replacement insurer was $3400 per year.  Swallow that one.  I didn't go cry.  Allstate cancelled everyone.  Insurance I never heard of picked us up.  Then they flew the coop and someone else came along.  Since 2007 I'm on my third home owners insurance. 

It's a great political gambit to help the republican party that things didn't go so well with the roll out.  They are milking it for all it's worth in their attempt to destroy insurance for the uninsured.  They've done a pretty good job.  Pity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

11/15/2013

DK..

The Democrats as I read on CNN are banding together to change the laws,
                 I've seen interviews with people who are ill, one woman had stage 4 cancer and her
                 company dropped her, that's disgusting ! Several Democrats as of this moment  are
                 creating four different bills, they say Harry Reid better vote on it if he knows whats
                 good for the Democratic Party and their furious with the Pres. Time will tell?

Cheers....Joe...Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail 634186
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Before the ACA, insurers dropped people with expensive medical care all the time.  That was one thing the ACA was going to fix.  The insurance companies are making sure they do all their dropping before January since they cannot after. 

I'm sorry to see the Democrats running scared.  As we have often said, they too have cushy jobs requiring few work days, including lots of perks and a staff to do their job.  They want to get re-elected into those jobs.  I would too.  I never had a cushy job like that.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 pm

11/15/2013

I read a few days ago that the House and Senate will be working less
                  next year they have no time ! Why ? Because they'll be too dam busy
                  running for office, guess what their should be a law you don't work you
                  don't get paid just like any American..

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I'll say one thing, Joe, you and I are both in agreement that the working schedule for the elected representatives is out of whack.  They get paid to campaign to keep a job that their staff does.  They are just overpaid figureheads who sit on committees and ask questions.  You and I could do that quite well.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm

One of my favorite writers is Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes.  A few years ago she made an audio-book called The Creative Fire.  She never had it published in another format, either print or ebook.  I have it on the itunes app for my phone and still listen to it for inspiration.

One of the stories had to do with one of the French Impressionists, I don't think she gave a name, but she told about an afternoon when he was sitting on a chair in his back yard, when a neighbor popped his head over the fence and said, "Ah, Monsieur [sic?], you are resting, no?"  And the painter looked surprised and replied, "No, I am working."  A few days later, he was back in his yard, this time with an easel and paints when the same neighbor looked toward him and said, Ah monseiur, you are working," and this time the painter smilled and shook his head.  "No," he said.  "Now I am resting."

I'm not as far off topic as you might think, and what I'm about to say does not pardon the current lawmakers in Washington.  I do think they are working, just not at the job they are supposed to be doing, which is working with the other lawmakes to make sound laws.  Instead, they are working to keep laws frm being made.  They are too divided to get their own laws passed, so they focus their work on seeing to it that no laws are passed at all.

But a lawmakers job, done properly, is a creative job - making laws.  So it isn't like going to an office nine to five.  It has to involve study and research, and sitting on committees and flying around the country.  It's like the French painter or any writer, the real work is not writing the text, the real work is the imagining and the researching and, yes, the dreaming.  If they were always in session, they would not be able to do that other important part - figuring out what laws ought to be made, and how to get them passed.

A good lawmaker would still need the time to research, plan and dream, but the planning and dreaming would be a cooperative effort rather than a competitive one.

Just me, again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 pm

11/15/2013

I say if they don't work ...Hello no pay..That includes campaigning,
                           no pay..I guess they'll wake up one day when the American public 
                           gets so dam mad and up in the faces, then they'll be scared to death.

Cheers..Joe..Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail 925501
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:19 pm

In my view, making new laws is too easy.  Even when a new law is made, the old law that covered part of the same, is not removed.  So we wind up with laws altered by new laws that requires a lawyer to interpret.  I'm not saying that news laws are not needed, just that they should be clear for everyone to understand without the need for interpretation.

I agree with DK's assessment.  The purpose of AHA is not clearly understood.  The "Affordable" in the name of the program is being clouded by the GOP and by the Insurers's who may lose customers.  They are using scare tactics and it is working.  The "Fear" tactic is a powerful weapon.  We know that it is easier for people to believe a Lie than Truth.  "Fear of Loss" is the weapon and the victims are the needy.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Quote :
Those who will lose their insurance can afford to buy another policy that will be better.  They are not people living in poverty who cannot afford insurance at all.  I feel sorry for their budgets.  They might have to pump up their insurance a bit because millions of other people have the opportunity for insurance.  They can cook at home more, drop their cable television, drop their smart phones, etc.  It's not like they have to cut their prescriptions in half and go to the food pantry to survive.
DK, sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. 

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/16/obamacare-forces-black-college-to-cancel-healthcare/

"Bowie administrators determined that the cost of complying with President Obama’sObama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail Icon1 signature healthcare law would raise per semester costs from $50 for each student to $900. Instead, the university made the decision to simply end its healthcare coverage for students."
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:21 pm

11/17/2013

The whole thing is a fiasco and no one knows how
                           to fix it !  Everytime the Govt. gets their hands into
                           something you can bet your last dollar they will screw
                           it up !  I think it needs to be overhauled and made into
                           a single payer system without the Govt. so desperate
                           to control it,.....

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I was part of a beta test of about six major web programs for Workforce Boards when they were going to receive block grants to administer about ten workforce programs.  None of the software programs worked without glitches.  The finally selected one was a nightmare to implement and on a smaller scale, had many similar issues to the ACA rollout.  Fortunately, the nay-sayers were not lined up to complain vociferously, determined to destroy it.  People worked together to get through the glitches.

The big picture is a program designed to help the uninsured.  Any new program will have winners and losers.  The republicans and those bent on destroying President Obama and anything he touched from the first day of his administration jump on every nuance of difficulty and turn it into a nightmare of anecdotes as the rule.  For every problem there is a solution.  We should be looking for solutions instead of damning those who care about those suffering from lack of medical care.

I'm really tired of the fault-finding.  There are plenty of faults to go around in every private and public program.  Medical care in this nation is a complex mixture of profit taking and suffering.  The ACA could not defeat the lobbyists but tried to work with them.  Insurers are a profit excess nightmare.  My homeowners insurance alone is an unheralded nightmare. 

The ACA is a republican plan that worked in Massachusetts and should work for the nation. However, in Mass., it received support of both parties.  In the nation, it became associated with President Obama thus poison.  I find it disgusting that so much negativity is attached to a plan that eventually will be for the uninsured what medicare is for seniors.

However, if the republicans have their way, current seniors who cannot go back to work to increase their income because the workplace won't hire them, are facing potential cuts to the Social Security they paid for and the Medicare they partially pay for, for many the only stopgap between them and abject poverty.  Is it any wonder that the republicans also set out to destroy insurance for the uninsured?  Those who have don't give a damn about those who are on the edge and have not.  I'm glad I'm no longer associated with such a heartless lot.

Deficit?  Raise taxes!  Cut loopholes.  End corporate welfare. Stop sending jobs and profits out of the country.  Collect taxes already owed.  Tax non-profits and current "tax exempt" entities.  Create jobs so more people are employed and paying taxes into the economy.

There are many ways out of the deficit besides on the backs of those without lawyers and lobbyists.  I'm just tired of it.  Plain tired of it.  It's all a sour grapes because the Republicans took us into an economic disaster and had to find a way to shift the blame.  President Obama inherited a mess.  He wasn't a miracle worker and he had the ugly dogs biting his heels and obstructing anything positive - the most obstructionist congress in history and one of the most do-nothing.

It's no wonder there are glitches in the ACA.  Did anyone expect different?  As we often say on this forum, you get what you expect.  With so much hate and negativity in the atmosphere no wonder the one piece of legislation that made it would be tinged.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:34 pm

DK, you said what I think.  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:01 am

Joe, do you think we should do away with social secruity and Meidcare?  The government runs them, too?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:44 am

11/18/2013

Ann,,

You know, I know and millions of Americans know the Govt.
                    is so screwed up they don't know how to run anything, besides look
                    at all the corruption, I recently read that the IRS gives child credit to
                    illegals who aren't citizens and to many who send the money to Mexico,
                    this is well documented, millions of dollars go to the wrong people and
                    when the IRS was confronted by this their answer was " We'll Congress
                    has to change the law !" They know that if your not a citizen this is
                    illegal, so you see our dear politicians don't give a dam how our money
                    goes out the door one way or the other....

Cheers....Joe...Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail 634186
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 am

So does that mean we should do away with social security and Medicare/Medicaid?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 am

11/18/2013

I never said that !

Cheers...Joe.......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:05 am

I am not a defender of the current Congress.  However, I have worked with government entities in one form or another my entire career.  Every agency is not a mess.  Many are run by qualified and dedicated people.  The problem is the Congress that makes new laws on top of old ones, layer after layer until the bureaucracy is a nightmare.

Unlike a private business, government is not allowed to take chances or to fail.  Thus they have miles and miles of documents for protections of everyone and everything that muddies up the works.  Requisitioning a pencil for a teacher takes ten pieces of paper to be sure it is a legitimate request and that the teacher isn't going to take it home, etc.

It's not fair to say all government is a mess.  If it was, we would not have the highway system, the environmental protections, the military protection, communications and many safeguards for our very existence. 

The trick is to stop the lobbyists and the campaign expenditures that corrupt the system and get down to the business of legislation and regulation that fits the times and circumstances and stop blaming and start doing.

Medicare, by the way, is one of the best run medical systems available.  Social Security saves millions of seniors from homelessness after a lifetime of working at jobs to benefit the wealthy and the comfortable but that did not pay sufficient to save for retirement.  The only issue with either system is those with their hands out to steal from seniors to prevent others from paying their fair share. 

Businesses who are accustomed to gouging the public for excessive profits, including many associated with the health care industry, of course they want to see changes in medicare just as those with an interest in getting wealthy off investors forced changes in pension systems and still want to push and investment system on the social security and medicare programs.  It's the brokers that get rich, not the poor working stiffs.

That's what's wrong with the United States government systems, not the government but rather the lobbyists and elected officials that are under the influence of profit mongering not the needs of the citizens.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks, DK, for that knowledgeable assessment.
Without that kind of understanding, we sometimes lose sight of the difficulty involved in getting a new concept to a place where it can actually function.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:50 am

And while I'm on a rant - I don't know how so many "illegals" get services.  My five-country program assisted legal to work migrant and seasonal farmworkers gain educations and receive needed services to become upwardly mobile and contribute even more to the economy.

Our eligibility process and that of every other similar grant in the U.S. had stringent requirements.  First, enough documents to replace the person with a clone were required from the participant just to get started.  Case workers were trained to recognize any false documents (major training and major pictorial manual).  Next that case workers files were checked a second time by a next higher intake person.  Then the file was entered into the data system and all files were sent to a regional office that checked them again against the weekly reports.  Then the supervisor for the office did a monthly re-check (with a check-off list for each document) of all files.  Then every six months an auditor came and did a spot sampling check.  Occasionally, there was a genuine mistake of a missing document.

All participants had an orientation interview and orientation video and a stack of papers with their signatures, including income taxes for the last two years, that they signed with the understanding that lies or false records represented fraud.

After all that, they might be found ineligible for a few dollars over limits.

I am sure the same stringent review methodology (and it included school district auditors, state auditors and federal auditors) applies to most government eligibility programs.  I'd sure like to know where these "extreme" violations occur.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 am

11/18/2013

" Boulder Dash"

Cheers......Joe........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:05 pm

I believe after Obama leaves office, Obama care will go away, along with many other things he has set up side down.
America once knew, "The business of America is business." We need to get back to that thinking.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:41 pm

There hasn't been anything new with President Obama because the republican obstructionists made sure nothing to benefit the U.S. citizens happened.  This Congress has done nothing. 

As far as business, the one thing that was done was making sure that Michigan didn't die altogether and the U.S. still makes cars.

Additionally, the stock market has been at an all time high which is certainly the business of America is business.  The beneficiaries of the Obama administration has been the profit makers who used the excuse of the recession set in motion by the Bush administration to lay off workers, diminish benefits and send jobs overseas.

No, we don't need anymore of that kind of business for sure.

What we need is responsible corporate business practices where they pay their fair share, support U.S. workers and create partnerships for the benefit of the entire nation not just their handful of stockholders - who are not the "average Americans" who no longer have anything to invest.

Anyone who denies the diminished capacity of earners at the lower ranks of the economic cycle as a result of the recession and the enhanced profits of the upper ranks of the global business empire has not been looking at the economic statistics.

President Obama inherited a mess.  He received a bunch of sour grapes republicans determined to destroy whatever he did.  It is a pitiful chapter in U.S. government history that should have been a shining light.  He had a recovery plan but it was squelched.  He was elected and re-elected on the need for universal health care.  He put it in place.  Yeah, it has bugs.  No wonder with the jerks chipping at his heels.

As I said before, I am sick of all the complaining and blaming that has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with the sickness in the system that allows big money to do the talking to the detriment of the average U.S. citizen and then sucks them into the belief that a few religious pundits in the republican party makes it the party for the little guy.  It's the party of the profiteers.  Period!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:44 pm

11/18/2013

Just read many of the big retailers are prediciting a dismial Christmas
                        people will tighten their purses even tighter because of the National
                        Health Care act, people are in sticker shock over premiums and co-pays,
                        if they don't get it , their fined $95- every three months they don't get
                        health insurance or 1% of their income, the middle class and I mean 
                        middle class who makes under $30,000- they are the majority in this
                        country, are tired of thew govt. telling them what to do, it's a form of
                        Socialisim when a govt. shuves, yes I said shuves down their throats
                        something they don't believe in , I cannot believe how far " LEFT" this
                        country and govt. is....Time to vote them out of office...

Cheers...Joe..Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail 634186
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Doesn't seem to be bothering Wall Steet.  They jus closed their highest day in history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail   Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Care More Problems, Keep Your Insurance Will Fail
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next