Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My Opinion

Go down 
+4
joefrank
alj
dkchristi
alice
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

My Opinion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 am

I am so anti-war, it kills me to hear the news. They go on and on about how dangerous Iran is. This is the same line we heard and reason for going to war with Iraq.

I wish the President did not have war powers.

As far as brains and dignity go--Obama reminds me of Jimmy Carter. Neither man is corrupt enough to acheive their ends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

I am not making myself clear here.
Obama has worked very hard. I voted for him and will do so again.
He is, however, unfamiliar with politics and thus unable to get what he wants.
Bill Clinton was able to somehow get things done in spite of scandal lying and
you remember.
Obama is a great professor--cool , calm and very collected. I am not sure that the country is ready for him. He is obviously far ahead of his detractors. The rich will need to lose their wealth and position and be without before they can appreciate his goals.
Right now they see him as an enemy--very sad situation.
Maybe this country will need to totally collapse before it can move ahead..
We don't seem to be exactly quick learners.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 pm

An all volunteer military makes the war very distant - very numerical - very impersonal. Those who volunteer are not from the wealthier classes in general, though a few are. Mostly they entered the service because there are no other jobs, it is a route to an education, they felt patriotic, it ran in their family. The new military lacks officers from prestigious colleges which they had in the past, so they are even less connected to the elite.

Plan a war? Well, let's take a look a the numbers. Let's send in 10,000 more; let's send them back for their third active duty tour; while the rest of us go on a cruise or a ski vacation or spend holidays surrounded by family.

I do think more women in government, so that there would be a diversity of women and not just those who made it by imitating the behavior of men, would make war planning more humane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:46 pm

A war needs to impact everyone. Those who don't fight should pay. Taxes should go up until it is paid for--no borrowing for wars.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:05 pm

You are right about that~ When a country is at war - the country is at war - not just the soldiers. The nation needs to feel the war - in a personal way, even if it's only financial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:18 pm

It has been said, and these are not my words or predictions, that America will not understand war until it happens on their soil. Past wars, i.e., the Civil War, is so far distant that today's citizens have no clue about the hardship. Recent wars were "over there" - on foreign soil. When one has lived during a war, or been associated with people who lived during war time, they have a better understanding of the suffering involved. It is not just experiencing the death of loved ones, but hunger. Hunger is a daily reality in some countries today we call famine. Food not being available forces people to do things they would never imagine doing. Theft is not theft when it comes to survival. You will steal to keep your family alive. Morality won't keep you alive.
Those who are most strongly opposed to war are those who understand the consequences. Reading about it isn't the same thing.
Defense to protect lives is expected and right. Defense to protect ideology is not the same thing. Assuming that other people will do the right thing is folly.
Consider a red light "no walk" and the light turns green. Without looking for both ways for traffic that may not have heeded their light, you begin to cross the street and are hit by a car. You may have been in the right, but you are now dead right.
Vote against war. There are always alternatives if they are sought. Compromise may be needed. Using force may have temporary results, but doen't solve issues long-term. History records this. People who have been wronged will seek retribution. Revenge against injustice can be expected, and so it is within our own society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion   My Opinion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Opinion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2