Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

"Even so, what you give to other people, people will usually give that back to you." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "Just like the land. If you care for the land the land will care for you."
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Planting-vegetable-plants
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't know how to post in the way you are writing, but I love the picture of the boy and the dog praying.

I am not a pet person but ended up alone on a yacht in the Caribbean in hurricane season. I had a standard poodle that was really the pet of my children but she had started as a puppy on the yacht and believed it was her doghouse.

In horrible storms where it felt as though we would be destroyed and there was nothing more we could do besides the anchors out and decks cleared, Lady Ace (dog) and I huddled together in the center of the cabin, wrapped around each other in life jackets, shaking, with me repeating The Lord's Prayer like a mantra. It felt like she was praying too.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:45 pm

I may not have the answers to my spiritual questions, but I never knew a sailor who was a proclaimed atheist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 pm

"...again my day is made..., ..." went the goblin welcoming dkchristi, thinking on her "any port in a storm" like comment, and wondering if there really were such things as "a day" on this internet but he continued "... anyway a virtual day made by what I have read now, beautifully put too..." mentioned the goblin who had the morning to himself again, while outside the overheated overcharged day simply compelled him back into his laptop each time where he mistakenly thought upon those household chores that the captain had commanded of him here, concluding "...ah, this cruel tyranny of imminent domestic-bliss again, where I shall now savor the luxury of leaving everything to the very last moment, and o how this guilt becomes me too, a true paragon of non-compliance to ones dailylife if every there was one, one who rebels for a little longer now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Darkknight
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 am

D.K Christie,

I like your story with the dog. the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:58 am

Quote :
I don't know how to post in the way you are writing.

"...think of a victorian journal then, or one of those musical jam sessions, where you either join in the topic directly or contributes something you feel others would appreciate now, or even something you feel should be related anyway, where adding pictures, writing in third person, or anything else for that matter is just optional here..." mentioned the goblin again, continuing "...with me, it's three goals always, "a writer's way with words", "an illustrator's eye" and "an internet-self", so I just choose words, add pictures, and mold a persona of myself here, nothing to it really but very rewarding though...", at which point the goblin would then look at the text and wonder which picture it resembled now, something which if anything had grown harder, not easier, over the years now

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Starcatcher_by_Eredel
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Inspirational, muscial. Can't musical be inspirational?
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Music
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm

"a writer's way with words", "an illustrator's eye" and "an internet-self", Nice summary.

Tonight, a daughter of the most prominent family on the island is getting married. The music is thunderous, not on this ocasion inspirational and the speeches a little bumptious. Any obvious get-together here is open to everyone, even me. I suspect goblins and vampires would need to be in costume. Which would make for an even better party.

Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:10 pm

lol -- But not unless if it was a costume party. Then goblins and vampires wouldn't need to wear any costumes at all.
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Costume_party
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 am

Quote :
I suspect goblins and vampires would need to be in costume

"...welcome to the masked ball of the internet..." replied the goblln, adding "...where I would dress up as a human then, and where my deception would be so perfect that none would notice otherwise..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 129200361162402850

Last edited by fleamailman on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:31 pm

repost from elsewhere

the witchdoctor addressed the goblin again saying “...you see goblin, the holly is the tree of magic where our wands are traditionally made from it, and where too, it only seems fitting now, that those films that cast their spell over their audiences, should actually be made in hollywood then...”, and with that the goblin smiled back, somehow the witchdoctor had a way with words

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 ___hollywood
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Hollyworm and Hollyword

Mostly I write questions with answers and explanations, hundreds of them. Thousands read them. Some write appreciatively, tens complain. It’s true, I’m regularly wrong for the reason that no matter how I and others try, to err is human. Vampires and goblins may not appreciate this.

I sometimes embarrass myself with them. A few people are really intolerant of them. It’s kind of today to complain, to feel responsible, to find fault. I don’t much go along with it. But, anyway, the fact is that sometimes to err is also to improve and this is the hope of the human condition and the point I’m getting at. Take the tile of this post for example it catches the attention so much better that what I once intended when I wrote ‘Hollywood’ only it came out wrong.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 pm

("...quite right..." replied the goblin, adding "...evolution could all be a result of a series of fortunate errors then, "from hollywood to wormwood" then...")

in fact, the goblin could accept the loss of most things in his life, where simply the longer he lived the more likely that those losses would increase as they have now, saying "...when I was young I had everything though I didn't know it at the time, where their loss today has grown this awareness in me, and yet, I can accept all these losses, and all others that no doubt "old age" will bestow me later too, all except one perhaps, for I hope to never lose my sense of humor now, for the show must go on, yes but as long as I can smile I can go on with it..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Fool

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

Quote from Pirates of the Caribbean: "You may kill me but never insult me." (Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow)
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 am

(the goblin appreciated the vampire too, saying "...I will post with you till the end of my days now, for no one can continue here without evolving their persona, where even if these personas are just masks, like books are then, yet where merited they both outlive and outshine their authors...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
You're a very interesting person. You sort of remind me of a scop.

"...ah, that would make me hundreds of years old then, if I were a scop that is, but perhaps I could have been one once..." replied the goblin who was one of a small group of livewriters, adding "...we travel across forumland but remain where it's engaging...", in fact, the goblin fed on replies then, reminded of those lines again "writers write, posters post, but only livewriters feed", saying "...you feed me, I feed the slot and on it goes like some circle in a dance..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Bild-Dance_of_the_witches_oldest_ve
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 am

"I do enjoy posting here." said the vampire pixie faere, waking up from getting up too early then she was used to. "I might not be a livewriter, but then again, I don't really need to be one. Every writer has his/her own style of writing, and therefore has their own personality and anomynity."
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Escher-Quill-Pen-35782
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 am

Quote :
"I do enjoy posting here." said the vampire pixie faere, waking up from getting up too early then she was used to. "I might not be a livewriter, but then again, I don't really need to be one. Every writer has his/her own style of writing, and therefore has their own personality and anomynity."

"...no, I am not sure of the term livewriter either, but I guess at its base it's someone who airs/edits/backups their posts, where the rest is optional, and where the result is just fate here..." mentioned the goblin, seeing that one was playing "live" to the reader here, like being on stage then

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 SarahPalinActors
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:13 am

repost from elsewhere

"...well it's "kids these days" time..." went the goblin, who had just returned from a conversation with his daughter who had just shown him her new pink "hello kitty" blanket given to her by her cute boy admirer, "...guess that means you'll sleep with him now..." the goblin had asked jokingly, "...oh yes, us girls have got to keep up our standards daddy..." came the causal reply as the goblin looked deep into his coffee once more wishing he hadn't asked now

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Bedwithhkzz3
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 am

(lol) "Little kids say the funniest things. I have a baby cousin, well, he's 3 1/2 years old now, and when he was younger my dad used to ask him if he thought his mom was pretty and he'd say that no she wasn't and he'd get all teary eyed and hug his mom. It was just the cutest thing. It went on until his mom explained it to him and now when my dad asks him that he just rolls his eyes."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 am

("...I love that vampire..." went the goblin, adding "...reminds me of my own two...")

repost from elsewhere, the goblin on a woman's interest "last post" thread, making friends again

the goblin just filled in a bit, knowing that he'd have to keep his voice down here, saying "....you see, on forumland you'll meet many strange and wonderful creatures, but none quite so terrifying perhaps as those raiders of the lost depart, yes, "housewives of the third age"...", the goblin quickly looked over his shoulder not really sure if he'd been observed yet, but he then continued "...one false move now, one miss placed word even, and they'll be a barrage of posts, where they'll simply show no mercy again...", in fact, the goblin had learned to show respect to them at every juncture, indeed they could be very persuasive and were always in the majority it seemed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXULwgzezUg

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Mars_attacks_large_14

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:03 am

"That sounds like a thing called parents to me." said the vampire pixie faerie dryly. "Parents know exactly how their kids work even better then the kid themselves..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:01 am

("...funny, they don't remain children but we always remain their parents then..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

"...this folks, is what they don't want you to see about the oil spill then..." went the goblin unaware how long the youtube stream would link now, adding "...and, as they're using a very poisonous dispersant too, where most of the spill is simply out of sight under the water at this point, where no measurements of either air or water toxicity has been released since months back, and since those details are a closely guarded secret under a total media blackout anyway, the overall size of this, and danger to life and health too, has to be alarming by now, even if one only calculates the "flow by day" amount against the number of days until now where it was supposedly capped today...", in fact, the goblin thought that, since the leak was below the seabed itself, that capping the main leak might have worked as they rightly claim, agreed, but what about those other leak-sites now, for simply they wouldn't have made it a "no flyover zone" and suppress details in this way without having some substantial cause to do so, "...so what, and why are they hidden the truth from their own citizens now..." asked the goblin as if knowing the truth will out with the storms to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X6YgBUmFDg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9eu3qwC1Rk&feature=related

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Dddd
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:30 am

"I just don't know why they can't think of something to stop the leak. I don't doubt that they have the tecnology to do it with..." wondered the vampire pixie faerie, figuring that the oil spill was an excuse to raise the oil prices.
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 R_stop
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 am

("...I like that reply too..." went the goblin thinking on it now, meanwhile he just posted something else)

the goblin was thinking about someones else's post on domestic violence now, and just how nonviolent his family seemed by it, and how too, it just equated to yet another type of unfaithfulness towards ones partner then, for either way once it happens the trust is gone, perhaps where too the alcohol acts just some latch-pin to what lies underneath...", in fact, the goblin just knew that the victim had to leave at that point, even if there was nowhere to go that is, because only a fool would believe that lie each time that he would eventually change

the last person to post here wins - Page 20 621775
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 am

"I love that stop sign." said the vampire pixie faerie, somewhat wishing that she had stop signs like that were she lived. If indeed that stop sign is real. "But that's just it. Why can't they ever put a stop to anything? Escpecially the war in Iraq. No one ever talks about that anymore..."
the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Stop-funding-war_0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next