Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am

repost from elsewhere, goblin shadow posting to the "where am I" thread

and then the goblin, a bit bored with the CNN new, switched over to the BBC landing in children's hour and the man "...yey hello boys and girls, great to have you here, and have we got lot's for you now on our special cretian edition of blue peter here, where later we have an interview the cretian pirates lined up and you'll be able to see too, just how just how far our green shield stamp campaign for shelagh's release has got on, remember every green shield stamp makes difference now, but before that, stick around, we're going to show you how to make your very own molotov cocktail from a rag, some left over oil and an empty bottle, afterwards sister maria theresa has kindly agreed to show us the latest moves in pole dancing...", whereupon the goblin was thinking, good old blue peter, nice to see that some thing never change

it'll take you back I know

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 39912716_9e71d9637f

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 am

repost from introduction section, the "hello from scotland" thread

[footnote: readers from the other side of the pond or from continental europe might at this point might be having difficulty understanding how that supposedly european weather bufferzone across the channel is actually divided into sub cultures, namely england, whales, and scotland it seems, of which scotland is the most fascinating because it's the least known, however, for those who have never come across a scot, as well as for those who have not as yet managed to understand what they're saying, then indeed this recording might be of help both to normal people, and to these penniless writertypes here too, to get the most from the encounter, so just take a deep breath now]

warning: some of the words are of a strongly accented nature, parental guidance is advised, click here

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Raining_day3-773728
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 am

("...yes, I like that one very much..." went the goblin appreciating the music then)

repost from elsewhere, the "intro" section of a writer's forum,

"...feel yourself most welcome amongst us now, where each author becomes a reader too, and where readers are no longer those silent sheep of yesterbook..." replied the goblin as if knowing that he was addressing a talented writer here, adding "...ah yes, there are many other writer's forums out there, all helping their writers to churn out yet more books still, where in that respect then this forum is no different I suppose, and yet, am I not proof that it also caters for anyone who wishes to write directly in posts, where forum readership reflects a growing desire on the part of the readers, who have less and less time now, to read shortish content while participating too...", simply, the goblin saw it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where the biggest stumbling block was the mindset of those authors who somehow felt that their readers couldn't possibly be reading these posts too, but hopefully that mindset was changing through their own experience of forumland, adding "...no, I simply suspect that those writers have never stopped to think about just how many people browse forumland each day in search of content and from how many countries too, so now by this then you see why I'm here instead, and why I really have no need to be in that declining elsewhere any more, even if I still love books..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Singing-shoot
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 am

"...I believe there is a phrase, make yourself at home as well if I'm not mistaken..." [noted the vampire] "...as for persona/act, we all know by know that our world is the stage and the wyrm has bitten its own tail...not that I'm implying doomsday mind you, far from it...[said the vampire, rolling their eyes at the thought of doomsday actually happening] "...we like to think we know all about our world and what lies within and without, but the truth his, we know very little...things change whether we will them or not...such as is with global warming, not that I think there is such a thing of that either...it's just all a mindless act on the big stage we call Earth for cone word: controll...everything is just an illusion and not a lot seems to mean much any more accept money, and even that's becomming worthless..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 am

("...oh yes, that was very much one of your best and well worth reading twice as I did..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...yes, funny isn't it, that we place so much importance on that which isn't important, whereas it's only when sadness touches us that we see once more what true value is...")

repost from elsewhere, the "introduction" section there

"...welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin always enjoying meeting humans, before dashing off on his own tangent, saying "...so I wonder if it's really true what they say about forum readership as something growing apace now, where if it is so, then probably it'll be upon these writer's forums that forum readership will actually expand from, ah but by then one will have to carefully figure out one's persona, for regardless of what they say, always a persona results from whatever one's posts of oneself here, where for example readers are finicky about long posts, just as they soon see through anyone trying to substitute what one reads here for whatever they've written elsewhere, no, simply we're these posts to our readers now, much like we are these posts to one another too, and to ourselves even, so what say you to making each of your posts a worthy ambassador of you, a post of a real writer then, where I'll become your avid albeit not so quiet reader if you do...", in fact, that goblin was out to become a livewriter much like those he had admired before, where in livewriting one didn't need the props of publishing, no, simply one built up one's readership around one's username like someone singing from the treetops of forumland drawing one's readers to one's pen

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Pierrot72
166 2476 22461
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am

Quote :
"...so I wonder if it's really true what they say about forum readership as something growing apace now, where if it is so, then probably it'll be upon these writer's forums that forum readership will actually expand from, ah but by then one will have to carefully figure out one's persona, for regardless of what they say, always a persona results from whatever one's posts of oneself here, where for example readers are finicky about long posts, just as they soon see through anyone trying to substitute what one reads here for whatever they've written elsewhere, no, simply we're these posts to our readers now, much like we are these posts to one another too, and to ourselves even, so what say you to making each of your posts a worthy ambassador of you, a post of a real writer then, where I'll become your avid albeit not so quiet reader if you do...",

I like that.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am

"...if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like its a duck, then it's a duck...or so they say...but not all is what it seems to be...illusionists...for example...or simply something you think to be there and it's not...or...better yet...a dream...or a dream within a dream perhaps...that's what people want us to see...everything around us is just one big giant smoke and mirrors...the people are the smoke, and our surroundings are the mirrors..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 am

("...holiday over, back I am again..." went the goblin liking the replies, saying "...well I joined a couple of trolls forums of late, so if you now see me acting slightly out of the ordinary, lets just say that it sharpens the wit till one notes that one is writing with a pen in one hand and a butcher's cleaver in the other, so as long as one keeps it a nice balance between mommies, writertypes, trolls and emos, forumland is conquerable still...")

repost from the "introduction" section, finished

"...so welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin as mad as ever, adding "...well I know that this is a writer's forum but I confess that I really can't teach you how to write at all, and I mean I write so badly too, but perhaps, just perhaps, in conversing a awhile, I might be able show you how to paint instead, a picture in one's mind then, brush-strokes by words alone, wow now that would be something if I could ever manage to paint here and show you how to paint too...", and with that the goblin hoped that he had made another friend, adding "...funny how we become our posts, just unwittingly or otherwise we create a persona of ourselves through each post we do...", but perhaps that was just the goblin for you, or just what he did then, the persona was ever an act

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 PeteryoungPierrot2
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:17 am

"Anyone can make a persona for themselves on a forum or just on the internet in general...nothing is ever a sure thing...even when it is dealing with real life...not that real life is much fun these days...all it is is money...money and trying to make a living...when people way back then knew what living was...but...as I have said before and will no doubt say many more times, our money and way of life is kind of...well...worthless when you think about it...everyone is lying to try and make a buck...there are no truly honest workers or people fighting for the workers any more...those days are gone...we are all slaves to ourselves and money that is worthless..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 am

("...how right you are about that persona creation then, where one renders upon dailylife what the moneygod and society requires of you..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...whereas on forumland lets find out who we by what we post alone..."(

repost from elsewhere, the goblin welcoming someone

Quote :
so have no fear of goblins...

"...ah no, I was just not to be trusted, never to be feared now..." replied the goblin welcoming xxxxx this sunny afternoon, adding "...no the problem is that if one writes in third person, which admittedly is far more fun than doing all these very standard posts here, one has to pick a persona for oneself and stick to it, because even in choosing no persona at all, it still becomes a persona by it, the persona of an enigma perhaps, so one has to pick something to represent oneself by, that's all...", in fact, the goblin often thought that many writers missed their big chance of enticing readers to their pens by writing so straight laced that the reader thought that they were just addressing someone quite ordinary, whereupon the goblin simply mentioned "...one of the fastest growing writer's forums on forumland, with some of the best writers too, now all one has to do is show those readers who one is by what one posts, and by how one posts it too...", and with that the goblin gave xxxxx a token of his friendship by saying "...you see, on forumland one's persona, far more than one's username, is remembered, where who writes like every one else is "just like everyone else" and "like everyone else is all that it will be, so think of recognizable persona with traceable username as the first two legs of a tripod, the third leg being constant flow of content...", but that was the goblin for you, just another unhinged poster like anyone else it seemed

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Mr-bean-6
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am

"...whether writing in first person or third person, it really doesn't make that big of a difference who you are...although, as you say, third person is easier to write buy and stick with characters...whereas first person it is generally one character...obviously...and persona is a matter of how you think...and how one thinks goes into what they write and their actions...so there for that bloody infamous question of is action louder then words...or are they in equal amounts...? but what if it is sharades, the game of guessing someone's actions then...? by all means someone may take someone's actions differently...or as someone could take someone's words differently...again I say it is a game of smoke and mirrors on a grand scale..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 am

("...true, one can't prove anything here, so that's why I'm more comfortable as this persona..." replied the goblin again, adding "...writing in third offers one much insight into how other writers tackle their medium offering one their palate to paint with...")

repost from elsewhere

“...in its way the capitalist system within each country becomes a sort of direct democracy now, where investors simply vote by way of their investments as in a vote of “confidence” or “no confidence” perhaps...” mentioned the goblin, seeing that it was not what the european governments could actually promise each other, nor implement by way of austerity programs either, that changed anything much, no, instead much boiled down to whether investors could still be persuaded to keep their investment in something that looked increasingly like a ship badly listing on a sea of inflationary debt and uncertainty, so the goblin simply asked the readers here, to imagine themselves as the investors now, and to see whether they would still invest their savings in these european countries, or america for that matter, saying “...well then, if your answer is either case is one of “no” or even “no way” then can one really blame the investors scrambling out of the market at this point...” simply, the goblin felt that the game was up, that neither governments, nor banks, nor even ourdearmedia could kept humpty dumpty economy from falling...”

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Humptydumpty1
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am

"humpty dumpty is falling...and cannot be put back together again...correct me if I am wrong but, I believe, as well as heard from others, that the Eurepeon economy has collapsed...so the answer of your investment question is no for the Eurepeon...as for America, we will be next...so again, the answer to your investment question is no...again for America despite that I live on America soil...and speaking of American soil...that is probably the only thing to invest in...perhaps...but even so...people are cutting down on land were farmers can grow their crops to feed the people, let alone their own families and own bellies...whereas farmers are probably the closet thing to honest work and honest workers to come by..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 am

("...no, the european economy gets its money from the central bank that, without enough money, gets its money from the IMF, which only had 25billion, so the IMF then gets its money from the federal reserve..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...meaning that europe will collapse but not until after the US elections, where at this point the fed is buying toxic debt of the banks in exchange for the banks buying US treasury bonds, what's the purpose of that you're asking, I'll tell in my next if you wish or you can tell me then...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
The goblin really should be looking over his shoulder...shopping migration ? really? Seems to me, your obvious talent is writing fantasy .....And you are really good!!!

"...ah no, once you have been thoroughly stomped upon by a hoard of marauding mummies who have mistaken you for terry wogan on their way to shoe shop once more, you will learn that fantasy, this forumland then, is a very serious business indeed..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...no, either one takes out "mommy insurance", or one blends into the scenery, or one distracts her with lines like and then he took her in to his arms, yes it had been those shoes all along, as slowly he unfastened each delicate fascinating feminine shoe-buckle knowing that his emotion was about to cave in against a crescendo of wild inner torrential passion for her, here, so alone together, and now too, while walking backwards gently retracing one's steps till the moment one could actually dash off...", yes, the goblin had been on "women's interest forums" before, where indeed they were very avid grazers of posts and little escaped their attention too, just that one had to become very agile amongst them

the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Grovel
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 am

"...either way...the point being we are all up a creek without a paddle whether humpty dumpty falls or not...another point being anominty...whereas no one really knows who started this great giant waterfall of collapse, releasing the dam to falling and crumbling as we be...fall or not though it seems we are poweless to stop it, try though we might, our Constitution seems to only be a simbal of what once was and what we don't have anymore..."

-------

http://www.publishedauthors.org/viewtopic.forum?t=9262
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40