Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:25 pm

(the goblin thanked vampireheartauthor, as the new hopeful here, commending her bravery in fact, saying "...oh, I'm easy to beat, it's just that I never stay beat for long, btw the game is easy, you first delve into your written creations finding some amazingly deep and awesome extract within those works you've written, something perhaps that you feel really vindicates your existence to humanity now, whereupon you then post something else, perhaps something more in tune with the others here instead, um, all against goblin, but these humans never learn the error of there ways, do they...")

repost from elsewhere, another cold shoulder site

Quote :
I suspect you are anticipating the last post before the pages flip and
putting in some inanity in order to appear at the top of each page

"...promise I wasn't, just I didn't see that it was a link, and thought it was a question addressed to the reader here..." replied the goblin cordially, adding "...besides, being anonymous I am free from competing with others here, simply I'm a "live writer", where my sole motivation is undoubtedly selfish, to create "texts with matching pictures" where I will never be known, could it be spam then, some would say so, while still others are my avid readers now, but either way the advantage/disadvantage of "live writing" is that the author is on hand here, even if this forumland is so fickle, hence my need to repost everywhere in an air/edit/backup concept, and yet, isn't somehow "accepting fate", where there's an impasse that is, ample proof that I am not owed by all this then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Simpsonslayer-1-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:59 am

the goblin was wondering if hedes hadn't somehow released the cerberus from its underworld, and if this really was what the goblin was facing now, and which one, if any, of those three ferocious heads would actually devour him too, oh yes, he recognised them alright, there was the european malaise with its insatiable hunger now, the american default with its insurmountable debt, and lastly, the one the goblin feared the most here, the onward awakening of the tectonic plates, "...now the jaws of either one of these heads alone would have been alarming enough, but all three together now, I am beyond alarm..." mentioned the goblin, but the cerberus was in no rush, it seems to be biding its time as if savoring its prey once more, where the goblin for his part just read into its contours its majesty again, saying "...at least I saw you coming beast, you'll give me credit for that then, I was not fooled by the media..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovlRhIxIE&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8Tp0XAeI8

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Cerberus_by_victoria_poloniae

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu May 20, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Doesn't that kind of mythical creature usually grow one of it's heads back or gain another one if one head is lost???

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Images%3Fq%3D4%2Bheaded%2Bdog%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:57 pm

("...nah, that was the hydra, cerberus was just a three headed dog that guarded the underworld where hercules, alias arnold schwarzenegger in the film, had to go and fetch him as one of his 12 labors, oh and cerberus is also the three headed dog in the harry poter film too..." mentioned the goblin before bedtime, but not before thanking vampireheartauthor for her post and audicity here)

repost from elsewhere, the start at another writer's forum, just started

"...um, honestly you lot are very brave to have posted even, but let me get this right then, whereas I would like to get the most viewed, the most read thread on this forum, one where everyone can mix in, contributing things perhaps, commenting, chatting and all that, you lot would like to stick me behind some passworded section, in some oldhat bloglike way, where no one is going to see my stuff I take it..." the goblin paused, thought for a second, then continued "...does that mean, that after I have finished it in that passworded section then, that I would then have to exhibit my finished work on another forum because this forum hasn't got any chat/exhibit thread...", in fact, the goblin was just thinking that there was, or soon would be, more readers on these forums than in that published world, where for every one person who clicked on some secluded blog, hundreds just turned up and clicked on these threads, sighing "...ah but, just I want to be where the readers are, not tucked away doing cap in hand pretense writing for some declining publishing world, no, just honest writing then, here, now, and in every post too..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Vlcsnap-2010-04-11-14h42m02s109

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri May 21, 2010 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:27 am

("...the credit goes to vampireheartauthor for inspiring this one then..." mentioned the goblin who had finished it now)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin explaining the "last post" game

the goblin thanked xxxxx, as the new hopeful here, commending her bravery in fact, saying "...oh, I'm easy to beat, it's just that I never stay beat for long, btw the game is easy too, you first delve into your written creations finding some amazingly deep and awesome extract within those works you've written, something perhaps that you feel really vindicates your existence to humanity now, whereupon you then post something else instead, perhaps something more in tune with the other members here, um, all against goblin perhaps, but these humans never learn the error of their ways, do they now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Troll-web
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

The flying donkey from Shrek???
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

("...quite right, oh and that's your best post so far too, so the donkey drinks the potion and becomes pegasus, your greek mythology is coming along nicely now it seems, looks like I will make an intellectual of you yet..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...whereas Shrek drinks the potion and becomes david cameron probably, well, for the short honeymoon period that is..." and with that the goblin posted his next then, knowing that no one would ever think that it's a repost from elsewhere, "...no no, heaven forbid that..." he cried)

Quote :
Consider a tale of three people. A boy and his two friends. One of his friends lies about the other. Which option does he take; be loyal to the first and say nothing, be loyal to the second and warn him, or let it pass without taking a side?

"...ah now, dailylife is too complicated to make any clear cut decisions outside the individual context here, it's always case by case then..." replied the goblin, somewhat reminded of machiavelli's line "the fox is eaten by the wolves, where the lion falls into traps", obviously one doesn't want to look unscrupulous on the one hand, nor gullible on the other, adding "...perhaps the prince's word, as machiavelli put it, must seem to be trustworthy but not stupidly so, it must be a word that earns him respect...", and then the goblin turned to one other point within the case, saying "...if you point out something, then others will see that you know, where their next deception might become harder to discern, where rarely will people, society, or our dear media ever stop trying to deceive you, so one has to think carefully before letting on that one can actually see the truth of the matter here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 BushSalute
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:32 am

repost from elsewhere, a livewriter's meet up

Quote :
"Tell me, dearest goblin, what are you truly under your mask of lively-hood?"

"...ah, now that's why I like this realm of livewriting..." replied the goblin seeing xxxxx's post again, adding "...where one reads to feed, and is uplifted by it...", in fact the goblin could probably surf hundreds of forums now, but those who actually wrote in their posts were so few in number that they seemed gems to come across, adding "...perhaps in answer then, I am just reflected in my posts here, where new-posts are the lifeblood of a forum perhaps, but if that is so, then I borrow those words of horace now Quae caret ora cruore nostro?, meaning for what coast does not know of our blood then, for yet together we will conquer this forumland and our blood will flow across threads..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Sad

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 22, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:23 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...same boat for us all in fact, only that in some of us it is seems more evident, that's all..." mentioned the goblin again, but the truth remained that no one had any more time than anyone else, adding "...so be selfish now, don't ever post without reason, nor merely for others here, nor for the forum's sake either, no, posts are as steps on a "journey to self" here, where there is no choice, nor regret about it, only forward now, simply however long, there was never enough time to begin with was there...", in fact, the goblin often wrote on the lupusbot site too, because they as posters seemed more real to him, so the goblin repeated that line he loved so much "the angel is not there to be nice, she is there to show you to yourself though her reflection"

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 3120
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:56 pm

...'blood will flow across threads?'

"I must ask, what will happen on the last thread?" asks the vampire. "Or will there ever be a last thread? It seems to me that it's an epic battle of "posting the last post..." Or will there be a battle on the last post, where 'will blood flow on threads'?"

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Redthreads
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:27 pm

("...ah how, that previous reply to a livewriter goes back to the original work that I did some years ago now, so I had better post it first to make things clearer..." mentioned the goblin before bedtime, adding "...I like your picture too, but imagine if you matched texts each and every time, no, not just once or twice but actually doing this over years, how would that effect your ability to illustrate I wonder, how would that effect the way you saw texts on the one hand, and your ability to judge pictures on the other, so one of my three goals in livewriting is the "illustrator's eye...")

the goblin just reminded himself of something again, saying "...perhaps people who don't reflect are just like vampires then, ever dependent on the blood of others to sustain themselves, but I, deep within myself, want to produce blood, where simply posts are the lifeblood of a site as if proving ones reflection then..." and with that in mind then, the goblin posted on here

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 _like_suicide_in_september_by_lithp
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:48 pm

"Yes but is it better to be a vampire who needs blood to live, or to be a 'goblin who wants to produce blood on threads when he can survive on other foods...?"
the last person to post here wins - Page 11 VAMPIRE

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Page2
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:37 am

(no the goblin, who liked the vampire very much, thinks she has flare, had to explain that he fed on posts again, saying "...you feed me, I feed the slot, and around it goes each time...", simply, what could be an easier way to write than just by feeding like this)

"...ah but that's the fun of forumland with more sites than stars in the night's sky..." mentioned the goblin now, continuing "...simply one posts for oneself always, hoping that one is on the same wavelength as others, but everyone has a limit beyond which they won't compromise, where mine is this, and where life is too short to fake it anyway...", in fact, the goblin never tagged threads, each post had to merit its writing to him, each picture had to dress well its text, and that the forum/venue had to inspire one to create posts here, then the goblin laughed at himself saying "...oh how I fail when I even try, perhaps I fail anyway but I'll never stop posting now, nor stop posting for myself either..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 KAREN99-R2-E039
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Circles within circles. It never ends.

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Apollonian_circles.svg
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Quote :
Circles within circles. It never ends.

"...I suppose the feeding part is just that then, circles of feeds then, where some feeds one picks up on, where others one just absorbs here..." replied the goblin, liking that vampire's posts more and more, explaining "...it's fun writing in third person, as it is being anonymous, and matching with pictures too, but they are only indigences on the part of a livewriter here, no, what really sets the livewriter apart from a normal poster is the reposting across forums, that polishing of posts by their reposting...", in fact, no two live posters were alike, many wrote in first person, others were not anonymous either, some didn't post pictures at all, but one still knew that they were livewriters, because of two things, the hitcount they built, and the fact that one latched onto the username here

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Masqueraide-1
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:23 pm

And speaking of circles, isn't there something called The Circle of

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Circle_of_life Life? (P.S. Awesome picture by the way.)
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

the roleplay thread here, the post the goblin actually passed up on posting

"...welcome to my world mortals..." went the goblin, laughing now, adding "...this is going to be just wondrous..." recognizingly shelagh who normally came across a bit like the wicked witch of the north, but who actually looked ravishingly beautiful tonight, not least because the goblin had got himself banned from the third forum in about as many days, saying "...well yes, not bad going I suppose, though perhaps one might have to admit to a slight public relations problem here...", and with that, the stage with indeed set but the burning question was would the published authors actually know how to write in third person, the music cut in the urgent voice went "anything could happen in the next half century perhaps"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-wKmC2Z-k

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Pushpoll
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Yes but anything could happen at any given time, too though.

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Clock2
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:37 pm

("...I like your reply..." went the goblin now, adding "...and since we seem to be on the subject of time..., ....")

the goblin knew he had to explain more here, "...simply, I am across many "last post" threads meaning that often in replying to one thread an answer can be adapted and used elsewhere..." at which point the goblin remembered that the clock on the wall was a strange creature and had a nasty habit of jumping the minute hand while the goblin wasn't looking "...never trust clocks when one is engrossed in posting I say..." ventured the goblin knowing that when the clock stole time it was usually worth it

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Nauka_chodzenia
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:46 pm

("...well if there's one thing I dislike, it's being attacked personally on a thread somewhere on forumland, and then having my reply deleted by moddy, leaving the attack unanswered, so that is why I like the concept of "delete me, read me elsewhere" here..." went the goblin who was just share this everywhere now)

original post deleted, just sharing

Quote :
You have offered the poster no help or advice whatsoever. All you have given is some philosophical rubbish. Just because you make a post does not make you a writer. And just because you answer a topic in an absurdly roundabout way does not make you helpful.

"...actually no, if one looks at the original poster's post, one soon becomes aware that it's also a call for encouragement here, and what encourages someone better than their noticing that they can write in their own posts, which can then be extended to anything they like because the is no one now to stop them anymore, it's just “one and internet” here, in fact, you've notice that the main authors switching publishers for “direct publishing” on this internet, you've noticed too that amazon actually sold more kendall ebook readers than physical books last year, you've even noticed that for someone to stumble across your physical book somewhere just millions more more readers will click onto this internet here to be authors/readers in their own right, moreover you've noticed that for every one person who looks at your blog in the end, perhaps hundreds, if not thousands more will just see your posts on these forums now..." at which point the goblin broke off for a second, took a sip a coffee, and then delved into his thoughts again, saying “...well all that much you've probably noticed for yourself I imagine, but where we differ slightly is that I am anonymously writing for myself here, using your replies to write more, feeding perhaps as in “you feed me, I feed the slot here”, whereas you, as a writer then, are probably thinking more practically as in “writing is about being read by others”, something commendable indeed, save that what you haven't noticed is that the hitcount is your readership on this internet, so, whereas I have threads with 30000 hitcounts, many with 20000 too, even if my anonymity frees me from actually caring about it, you are somehow thinking that you can presume to teach me a thing or two about writing on this internet, surely I will just ask myself here “why should I drop something which obviously works getting a readership, albeit as an unnecessary side effect here, for something as outdated as what you are forcibly trying to get me to follow here”...”

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Darth-1
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Yes but being attacked takes time, in which case being attacked usually takes minuets or seconds...
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Quote :
Yes but being attacked takes time, in which case being attacked usually takes minuets or seconds...

"...unintentional, but what is the point in compromising when one is anonymous, and where the internet is this vast..." replied the goblin who would never ever return to that model poster he had been once, saying "...put it this way then, I could change my username/avatar and post here, but you would still know it is me for the trates of my persona, likewise if I caved in and posted in that conformist writing style they require of one, I would then need my username/avatar because I would be no more recognisable than some face in the crowd, I mean no wonder it narks them so when I don't buy into it now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Us-A_Tribute_To_James_Ensor
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Isn't being anoymous the key?

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Kkjr
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:15 am

("...you said it, I guess I couldn't write freely if one had to worry about "proving" or "defending" here..." replied the goblin now, adding "...for example I wrote this today...")

one point that still stuck in the goblin's mind, "the soldiers should not be made scapegoats upon their return", where and when it just seemed obvious that america can't afford all this ongoing expense here, and where, under obama things have not been wound down, no, commitment to the two theaters if anything has been increased dramatically now, where those motivations for doing so seemed unconvincing, explaining "...first off, iran's religion is radical shia, where surrounding it is the more relaxed sunni, save for the middle part of iraq, distrust between them both is deep and goes back for centuries now, simply iran's spare of influence is weak at best then..." continuning "...moreover, america is to all effects a besieger where the sheer cost of the besiegement is unsustainable, especially where iran, knowing this, just has to wait it out, moreover again, the money used to fight terrorism abroad drains the kitty form sorely needed money to fight terrorism at home where no doubt the social/economic/political situation of today's america is fast becoming a breeding ground not only to some islamic style terrorism but for umpteen other types too..." but then the goblin really thought about the main reason here, saying "...and lastly, where ken was right in my view, these returning young soldiers from this warzone will cause, and suffer too, those same problems within the greater community at large that the returning vietnam veterans did, not least because the american people, who having been sold yet another "impossible pipe dream" once more, are likely to hold the military accountable, where the demobbed soldier in this case is an easy albeit unfair target, because these soldiers, like their vietnam counterparts followed government orders, so surely nobody wants them to go through the same thing then, taking the rap for those short sighted war policies of the by now forgotten hawks in that whitehouse..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Uncle_samiwantout
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:34 am

Ah...But is Irag, or Iran for that mattrer, waiting for the US to get out, or are they waiting for us to get out and for them to get in...?

the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Product_5694_enl the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Lane-iran_nuclear_po
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next