Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote :
Ah...But is Iraq, or Iran for that matter, waiting for the US to get out, or are they waiting for us to get out and for them to get in...?

"...yes but where's the choice here, since america can ill afford to stay there indefinitely, so the longer it lingers the easier it is for iran or for others then, as those bombs that further fervor unrest are neither difficult to make nor expensive to sponsor..." mentioned the goblin, adding a proviso "...but for iran too, iraq is clearly a "can of worms", where it might gain control over the shia area alone, but would the sunnis or the kurds warm to them I wonder, where on the alfghanistan side too, they once massed their troops against the taliban in a warning before but soon backed down knowing that the place is ungovernable..." continuing "...whereas america, for its part, can't deliver within either of these theaters now, it can only further place itself in the firing line, where this evident crippling daily cost of distant military engagement, in view of the fact that one in ten americans on foodstamps, and one in ten dollars services its debt here, and worse, where the specter of longterm demoralization of its troops, ignominious final pullouts, and general resentment, all adds up to a scenario america can ill afford to risk here...", simply it was as if the lion could no longer defend it prey now, so the hyenas, jackals, and vultures waited their turn for him to move on back to its main job of defending its pride form the other lions now

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Kingofbeasts
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:13 am

"...well imagine, if you were to add a picture to each post you did, what type of illustrator's eye you would get after about a year of doing so..." ventured the goblin, adding "...three goals here, "a writer's way with words", "an illustrator's eye", and an "internetself" but, of those, where the internetself seems the most important one, I mean to actually create something that is beyond dailylife's grip, something both ageless, faceless, responsive, and mercurial then..." explained the goblin, who coincidentally lived next door to an old age home as if it were to underline the whole point to him once more, the point being that if one doesn't learn to fly like peter pan here, one is just wendy then

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Daystillspring
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:59 am

Isn't that what this forum's all about though?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:10 am

vampireheartauthor wrote:
Isn't that what this forum's all about though?

("...no, but I like this forum all the same, it does a great job too, moreover I am fed well now..." replied the goblin who had all he wanted)

and with that the goblin felt he had made a friend now, where certainly xxxxx seemed both open minded and brave to be addressing him, so he explained a bit, saying "...I suppose we are basically talking livewriting here, where you perhaps prefer to be a recognized writer, which you'll agree is not the same thing now, so you want me to read something you have written elsewhere, where for me there is no elsewhere, the first rule being "a livewriter is in the posts", he has no elsewhere, so then, what's the second rule...", not that the goblin had ever made a list till now, continuing "...they cheat, yes that's it, I cheat too, simply a poster posts, a writer writes, but a live writer feeds off the replies, as in "you feed me, I feed this slot here", well didn't you fed me this post then..." at which point the goblin called over the girl at the bar for another coffee this hot bistro lunchtime, the other rules would have to wait, besides he had to find a picture now, perhaps something that spoke xxxxx to him

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 62eb4c6d65a3d0fb
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Yes but all good things come to an end don't they? Or so I've heard anyway. Sweet picture by the way. the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Quote :
Yes but all good things come to an end don't they? Or so I've heard anyway.

"...perhaps my goal, regardless of then eventuality here, goes "invisible in dailylife, anonymous on the internet"..." joked the goblin now, continuing "...no, for where there's no "sake" to it, then surely what one does, regardless of the result then, is at least honest to oneself, but I also suppose that my three goals are something both tangible and obtainable with effort here...", where both the goblin's writing and illustrating had improved by it of late, even if none of it had external motive, for he was, and ever would be too, anonymous here, concluding then "...perhaps I just want to improve my anonymity, becoming a more realistic nonentity, perhaps even a known unknown then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 24825bpthesimpsonshomertryingispost

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri May 28, 2010 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:43 am

on heckling then

“...look at it this way then..." started the goblin now, continuing "...someone else's posts might be good, bad, or whatever, yes but that doesn't really concern me here, in that, forgetting others just keeping at it over time both improves ones ability and rewards one with the works that one then amasses of oneself, not to mention how the forum gains too, whereas someone, looking on just heckling away for some reason, might get better at heckling for that matter, yes, but of the two, wouldn't one prefer be the one who improves as the instigator of ones own works rather than being that heckler who always has to depend on others to heckle then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 129190832536660398
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:43 am

That's true...But, you know what they say, everyone has their talents.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:25 am

"...true, but how would my heckling threads help my being fed in the long run where by habit I feed off replies, even if at times one has to smile through sharp teeth, yet between the two isn't it more in my interest to encourage others to reply to me, than compete with them in some way..." replied the goblin who had been alone once, whereas now his type was quite common, adding "...in my view a livewriter is just someone who polishes their posts over forumland here, understandable where forumland is so fickle that all has to be mirrored elsewhere..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Kelseygrammar

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 29, 2010 7:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:20 am

"...then I shall let you live mortals, and together we will conquer forumland in posts a plenty..." replied the goblin now, adding "...besides, it's not in my interest to fight people here, as that would just turn me into a troll where my posts would then go unnoticed, no, surely if one is serious about this internet, then the goal has to be "to live ones persona through ones posts", so pick a persona mortals, become known on the internet by it, and if that persona merits it, it will outlive its author here, now do you see my goal then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 DAYOFTHEDEAD
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:35 am

(troll sites are fun)

Quote :
Can't understand a word Flea says...... Worse than Agame from Yahoo...

"...ah yes, I suppose it is just understandable where much of this is intellectual in nature, but please don't feel excluded here, as your reading skills are going to improve with practice, promise, trust me, hang in there..." mentioned the supportive and considerate goblin again, even going as far as adding a link which he felt would help poor old suffering xxxxx here, saying "...so there you go xxxxx, you can thank me later I suppose, but don't give up now, remember whenever reading gets too daunting for you, just go back to looking at the pictures again..."

http://eslus.com/LESSONS/READING/READ.HTM

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 BertIsEvil
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:44 am

A poor workman blames his tools; a poor writer blames his readers.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:59 am

Quote :
A poor workman blames his tools; a poor writer blames his readers.

"...except on those troll's sites, where bad workmen get passed over for really bad ones, those who then steal the show playing "swot the bot" with a vengeance..." replied the goblin, knowing that no one forum could ever cater for all the goblin's posting needs, just like no writing style could really work for every forum either, concluding "...the trick is to wear the specs of the site, here for example I am nice to everyone, there I am the other me, like "good santa" and his brother "bad santa" perhaps..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 HOGFATHER

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:03 am

"...ah, alas one always comes to a sticky end like that, and then she want her price, where nothing ever seems more expensive than free..." ventured the goblin at it, sex was just another drug then, where the man with the addiction soon suffered its side effects, simply it was never really free here, somehow it always had it's consequences, where the more she liked you the more she had plans then, somehow the line was "men are tricked by beauty, women are tricked by babies"

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Drugs
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:18 am

fleamailman wrote:
("...except on trolls sites, where bad workmen get passed over for really bad ones, those who then steal the show playing "swot the bot" with a vengeance..." replied the goblin, knowing that no one forum could cater for all his posting needs, nor any one writing style would work for every forum then, concluding "...the trick is to wear the specs of the site...")
But your posts do not reflect the postings on the forum; they only respond to the posts on this thread. You have been treated well on this forum, you have not been attacked by anyone, and the only request asked of you is that you do not double post. Yet, you insinuate that members here do not read and respond to your posts because the posts are too intellectual in content and above everyone's understanding -- putting yourself in a no lose situation. If readers understand, then your writing is good enough to be understood; if they do not understand they are lacking the itellectual capacity to comprehend. Could it be that the members here are simply bored with your posts?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:31 am

Quote :
But your posts do not reflect the postings on the forum; they only respond to the posts on this thread. You have been treated well on this forum, you have not been attacked by anyone, and the only request asked of you is that you do not double post. Yet, you insinuate that members here do not read and respond to your posts because the posts are too intellectual in content and above everyone's understanding -- putting yourself in a no lose situation. If readers understand, then your writing is good enough to be understood; if they do not understand they are lacking the intellectual capacity to comprehend. Could it be that the members here are simply bored with your posts?

"...wait a sec, doesn't the original post clearly state that it is about the troll's sites and no about here at all, so you either give me too much credit thinking me real again, or wish to drag me into a comment about others here, pass on both counts, as that would mean defending myself, no thanks..." simply adding "...OK, you explain to me how "being read" actually makes the slightest bit of difference where one is anonymous, though admittedly I started this thread, on the 30th of april, it stands at 290/2115 now, yet my goal remains "feeding", and meeting my own "post-quota" too because it transcends my anonymity doesn't it...", in fact the goblin always hit the "new posts" button, even if he didn't actually reply, well not until something someone posted called a reply out of him, simply he never tagged threads, nor wanted anyone else to either

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Marsattack

Last edited by fleamailman on Sun May 30, 2010 7:03 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Where's the Bad Santa forum? I'd like to read it. Maybe even join. Smile
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:43 pm

"...there are quite a few now, I'm at trollvalhalla as it's one of the better ones I feel, but I'm not a troll by nature, for example I won't go on raids with them, moreover my ego doesn't let me duplicate membership aka "duals" that is, though they show one the ropes, how to spot things, and put down heckles too... mentioned the goblin, adding "...so if you do turn up on that troll site, go without those preconceptions, their priorities may be different, yes, but they're still good at what they do..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 THaSQaudMartians
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:54 am

Quote :
wouldn't it better as an ogre instead of goblin Right?

"...ah no, I am always this goblin persona here, but it has to remain constant, convincing, and above all comfortable to work.." replied the goblin, who on this coldish morning, foolishly waited upon the sky to clear somehow knowing that the sun would just bake him once it did, in fact the clouded sky just seemed hanging over him now, but returning back to the subject of persona, he could see how important it was on this internet if only because, whereas someone might not remember a username they usually remembered a persona, where for example a goblin persona is hardly mistakable, nor forgettable for that matter, so the goblin explained it again, saying "...take your persona very seriously if you ever create one, because later it becomes nigh impossible to undo it, but at the same time it is obviously useful in identifying oneself form others here...", in fact, much of what the goblin did looked haphazard at first glance, and yet no, it was just that he was a throw back from the BSS days, where perhaps the persona of a dinosaur might have even been better now

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Chasing_shadows
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:14 am

fleamailman wrote:
"...there are quite a few now, I'm at trollvalhalla as it's one of the better ones

Can't imagine what the worse ones look like then, lol. Just spent half an hour browsing the place ...some of it's funny, but it gets repetitive quick. If some of the posters weren't allowed to curse, they'd have nothing to say.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:55 pm

("...true, one has to expect a certain repetitiveness on most forums now, for at least two reasons then..." started the goblin, explaining "...firstly, that members are often posting either in a certain writing style or about a some mutual interest here, and secondly, that members are often tagging threads rather than seeking to be original in themselves...", in fact, the fun of the goblin's evening was often switching from one reply on a "last post" thread, to the next reply on somewhere else, to the next on yet somewhere else again, back to here perhaps, saying "...well, that's just me I suppose...")

repost from the trolls site today

Quote :
the last person to post here is a fagot

"...OK, so which of you trolls are we sending these invitations out to, I mean the list is rather extensive I believe..." inquired the goblin now, adding "...actually I'm enjoying your replies then...", in fact, the goblin admitted that as long as one shelved any deep intellectual aspirations here, being on this troll's site was even more fun than jumping off a cliff..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 12 12RA
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Once again threads are bleeding into other threads...And as far as I'm concerned, only one can stand victorious by bleeding out all other threads and posting his last post and claiming himself king of posting. Or queen...Actually, it kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, where anything can happen.
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 8331alice
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Don't eat the large mushroom,
Or you be small.
Don't eat the small mushroom,
'cause you'll get big.
What about the middle size one,
Alice asked hopefully.
Oh, no not that one either,
Came the answer.
Why? Alice was confused now.
That one will kill you, its poisones,
Explained the Mad Hatter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

the goblin was weary of "victory", knowing that one stops after that, whereas what the goblin really liked was "winning" in its continuous sense here, saying "...hitting the "post" button is the culmination of thought, where later, I will repost it again with a picture, not once but many times over months or years, so it's not "victory" but "winning", as in gradually getting better with age..."

Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Anything can happen if you put your mind to it. All you have to do is count six impossible things to do in the morning, and you can do them.
the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Alice-in-wonderland-johnny-depp-tim-burton-films-7073100-600-338
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next