Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kotter

anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please Empty
PostSubject: anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:08 am

I am a new author. Considering using either LULU, BookMasters (to go ti a lone) or "HappyAbout". I am particularly interested in any experience people had or reference with "HappyAbout" ()

They are all seem to be 'vanity' publishers to me. Am I wrong? afro
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Sorry, but I never heard of it. Lulu does a fine job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I looked these up. Bookmasters is a printer, not a publisher. They will print anything you pay for.
Happyabout has published a few magazines, that's it.
Lulu is a POD self-publisher, a good one. There is no charge for their basic package other than for a proof copy of your book. You can, however, purchase an ISBN and a worldwide distribution package from them as well as a few other things if you choose.
A vanity press charges those who use it. The more you want them to do, the more you pay.
Apparently you are new to all this. I suggest you do a lot of studying before making a move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Excellent advice, Dick!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
cotter

PostSubject: thanks and more q's   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 3:48 am

dick; thanks for the advice. Happy about says they publish many books in partenrship with authors. claim to have lot more than just 'vanity press'.

also, as I am a newbie, does anyone knows how one gets their audiobook distributed on audible.com? audible says they do it only through distributors but then when you look up, none of the small publisher friendly places do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please   anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone knows 'happy about'. opinions please
Page 1 of 1