Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Has it been changed?

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
dkchristi
Domenic Pappalardo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Has it been changed? Empty
PostSubject: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I have over ten years of Ministry teaching. I have been a teacher of the Bible for 48 years, and I am still learning. Some people continue to make claim, “The Bible has been changed by man, and much of it is contradictory.” Since I still consider myself a student of the Bible, please point out to me what scriptures in the Bible has been changed, and what scriptures are contradictory?

I do concede many religions have changed some wording from the KJ to match their own teaching, and their own Bible.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 am

Any translation changes the Bible.  The KJ is not original; it's a translation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 am

You're right, DK.  Domenic, there are many good books written by scholars of religion.  They based their words on facts.  One book in particular that I can recommend is: Misquoting Jesus. http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-Behind-Changed/dp/0060859512/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396464859&sr=1-1&keywords=misquoting+Jesus

Many of your questions about errors in the Bible are answered in this book.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am

Both of you may find this of interest...it is on you tube;

THE AMAZING FIRST VERSE OF THE BIBLE
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am

The  changes in the Bible are not important, as they do not affect our salvation.  "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,"  still stands.

Much studying of the Bible can lead one astray.

We must remember it was the holy, self-righteous church leaders who killed Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:41 am

alice wrote:
The  changes in the Bible are not important, as they do not affect our salvation.  "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,"  still stands.

Much studying of the Bible can lead one astray.

We must remember it was the holy, self-righteous church leaders who killed Jesus.

You are correct Alice...Believe in Jesus is all that is required for life. The church did not kill Jesus, nor the Jews, or Romans.
Here is what Jesus said:

John 10:17-18
"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father." (NKJV)

Jesus said he came here to die. In John he said no one could take his life. He worked things around were they would kill him. He could have stopped them, and the whole world from doing him harm.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Right you are.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:26 am

They, however, did not have to kill him, or anyone else.  They were mean folks and so religious too.  That is why I say "don't overwork your mind on religion"
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:31 am

alice wrote:
They, however, did not have to kill him, or anyone else.  They were mean folks and so religious too.  That is why I say "don't overwork your mind on religion"
Do you know why he had to die, and why he had to be dead for three days?

I spend zero time on religion. I believe all religions are man made, and false. I study, and follow the scriptures.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 am

Martyrs for a cause believe they are called to their choice.  Martyrs existed long before and long after Christ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:16 am

What does a martyr have to do with this thread? You lost me on that one.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Read Matthew 12: 40.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 4:54 pm

alice wrote:
Read Matthew 12: 40.

Mathew 12: has nothing to do with being a martyr?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
alice wrote:

I spend zero time on religion. I believe all religions are man made, and false. I study, and follow the scriptures.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:15 pm

alice wrote:
alice wrote:

Again, what does this have to do with Mathew 12:40 ????
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Question Question Question Wouldn't this thread be better served under the topic "Religion and Spirituality"? Question Question Question 

Just wondering?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 pm

The question in the OP was;

Bible has been changed, and what scriptures are contradictory?

Some parts of the Bible have been changed from the scrolls. Some on the forum have stated some scriptures are contradictory...I was asking which ones?
It's normal for threads to go off on different paths.
Religion and Spirituality; I do not believe religions teach Bible truths, and spirituality seems to be different for all.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 pm

My Bad...silly me, I thought discussions of the Bible Were about religion!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Don Stephens wrote:

If a religion does not follow the Bible, would that not make them a false religion? I don't know of one religion that teaches what it says. Thus the Bible is not about religion as I see it.

Here is an example of what I am saying.The condition of the dead;

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "The dead are asleep in the grave." there are some 11 scriptures that support the dead are asleep in the grave, and their thoughts do parish.

Most religions teach that those who die, go to Heaven, Hell, or in between. These are religions who claim to believe, and teach from the Bible.

They teach Jesus died for our sins. He did not. He died to remove just one sin...that witch we get from the act Adam, and Eve did. If Jesus died for our sins, we would not have to ask God to forgive us every time we sinned. I could point out 1001 major things they teach that are false.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Twisted Evil

Abe, if you have something stuck in you craw, why don't you spit it out, and say it?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:51 am

I'm looking for my craw and if/when I find it I'll check to see if there's something stuck in it.  In the meanwhile, I'll just spit.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:48 am

Don Stephens wrote:

If a religion does not follow the Bible, would that not make them a false religion? I don't know of one religion that teaches what it says. Thus the Bible is not about religion as I see it.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "The dead are asleep in the grave." there are some 11 scriptures that support the dead are asleep in the grave, and their thoughts do parish.

Most religions teach that those who die, go to Heaven, Hell, or in between. These are religions who claim to believe, and teach from the Bible.

They teach Jesus died for our sins. He did not. He died to remove just one sin...that witch we get from the act Adam, and Eve did. If Jesus died for our sins, we would not have to ask God to forgive us every time we sinned. I could point out 1001 major things they teach that are false.

Don't they get any credit for trying?

My religion happens  to agree with your interpretation of the state of the dead
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:18 am

alice wrote:
Don Stephens wrote:

Don't they get any credit for trying?

My religion happens  to agree with your interpretation of the state of the dead

It's not the people in religions...it's the teachers of those religions. Do your religious leaders teach the people will go to heaven?(which the Bible proves is not true,) If the people follow a false teacher, will they not wind up in the same place as the false teacher?
Most religions (Christian) teach that Jesus, and God are the same person. This is not what the Bible teaches. Do you know of religions that teach Jesus, and God are the same person?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:36 am

Most religions I am familiar with teach the doctrine of the Trinity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has it been changed?   Has it been changed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has it been changed?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next