Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels

Go down 
+6
Betty Fasig
alice
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
LC
dtpollard
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:23 am

LC, I got what Iwanted, the whatever, the response of someone confronted with their own bile. What badge did Zimmerman carry that gave him the right to stop and question anyone at night minding their own business. Just like the guy in Jacksonville, Fl. who shot into a car full of kids at a convenience store because he told them to tun their music down because HE wanted them to, he killed a 16 year-old kid sitting in the back seat. That guy also had a conceal carry permit. I'm not stopping for some clown at night to hold me because he has some notion in his head that he's Batman. I guess you want to go back to certain people needing to carry their "papers" on them at all times. Yeah some guy trying to harass me at night when he is just a Joe Blow like I am might be trying to assault "me" and he or me might get an a** kicking in the process.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:37 am

Well, again ...if the response to questioning is an ass-kicking, then you can expect more Zimmerman verdicts. And if the response to someone asking you about it is to call their questions "bile," you can expect more misunderstanding on both sides. Whatever.

Bringing up the guy who fired into the car with the loud playing music or Darius Simmons is pure deflection. I'm not seeing the relevance to this case. And both perps are in jail, correct?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am

I think Tray Von was set up.  he was followed, harassed and scared by a creepy, crazy man.
Crazy, creepy men have no idea how weird they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

instead of arguing, why not read the  free information?  You might gain some  understanding. 
People feel the way they feel.
It is never  wrong to feel.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:50 am

NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS CASE !  WHY ???????????

CHEERS..JOE

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/dejon-ward-killers_n_3612538.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D345347[/url]
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 am

Joe,

Read the subject of this thread which is free and it will answer your question.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:15 am

I do not live in a pot smoking neighborhood and never said that I did.  I worked in a neighborhood that was dangerous at one time. 

When I returned to my neighborhood after renting my house to a great couple for five years, he had not paid the rent for three months, his girlfriend was gone and my back porch was a pot hothouse.  

This is just one example of reading into something by scanning it and not getting the truth.  I did not know that Trayvon was peeking in windows.  I didn't see that stated in fact anywhere.  If he was walking slowly and observing dwellings, that seems normal teenage behavior to me.

As far as walking anywhere.  Trayvon had the right to walk home unmolested.  Period.  There are no other relevant facts. 

And, yes, there are many dangerous places in this world that I try to avoid.  The people that live there know they are dangerous as well and some live and some die.  It is a travesty of generational poverty, gang violence, and prejudice.  It occurs throughout the world because of man's inhumanity to man.  Bless those that try to make a difference instead of blaming the victims.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 pm

DK, in another thread you said your neighborhood wasn't perfect and used someone growing pot in your house and someone else being a domestic violence offender as an example. I said that these examples are irrelevant to this particular incident. I personally don't gauge dangerous neighborhoods by DV offenders or pot smokers.

Yes, Z said Martin was looking in windows and was walking through alleys, not the public paths. He DID call the police, and he DIDN'T follow Martin, a lot of this stuff is coming out now.

<<  In a remarkably well-researched piece titled “You Are Not Trayvon Martin,” Slate’s William Saletan challenged several fallacies influencing perceptions and reactions to the acquittal of George Zimmerman. The piece was not favorable to Zimmerman or Martin, but rather only concerned with the facts after what was clearly an exhaustive look into the evidence in the case.  >>

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/16/Slate-Facts-Show-Zimmerman-Not-Racist-Did-Not-Disobey-911-Operator
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm

If Zimmerman said those things it was after the murder.  The 911 tape did not say Trayvon was looking in windows and was walking through alleys.  Please print the part of the tape that said that. 

Even IF he was walking through alleys, what's unusual about that?  Especially for a teenager?  But I'll wait for a response until you post the part of the 911 tape describing Trayvon looking through windows and walking through alleys.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm

He didn't say it to the 911 operator, AFAIK, so what? Is ONLY what was said to 911 relevant?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm

7/18/2013

We are one Happy Family !

Cheers..Joe....Very Happy

Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 We_are11
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:22 pm

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/b/andrew_breitbart/index.html

You may want to check out the type of info promulgated by the sources quoted on this forum by looking at the url above.

As far as whether it matters what was said on the 911 tape - absolutely.  Anything else was said by Zimmerman. Trayvon had no opportunity to speak.  He was dead.  The only facts of what was actually said  are the words on the tape.  Everything else is Zimmerman protecting himself, witnesses who were not absolutely certain, and police procedures that were sloppy. Beyond that are people putting their own thoughts into the matter.

These are the facts:  Trayvon Martin was walking home.  Zimmerman, a citizen not an officer of the law, profiled Trayvon as a potential threat to the neighborhood by the way he looked.  Zimmerman followed Trayvon.  Zimmerman had a gun.  The man and the boy fought.  The boy is dead.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:43 pm

It is not fair to take Zimmerman's word for anything here.  He is a known prevaricator and has no reason to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:58 pm

The Breitbart article referenced a Salon piece, tho. Salon is a super left-wing website, not the usual type Breitbart references.

Re Breitbart, they all have their issues. All need to be read with a block of salt.

As for the 911 call, whether Z spoke it there or afterwards, it was still just Z's word.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:12 pm

So why bother with it?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Why bother with what?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 pm

7/18/2013

TIRED OF THE ZIMMERMAN THING ! IT'S OVER EVERYONE GET OVER
                      IT YOUR STARTING TO SOUND LIKE AL SHARPTON !...Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 505411

Joe..........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:00 pm

As I have repeated often.  Trayvon was walking home.  Zimmerman saw him and profiled him as a potential threat to the neighborhood and followed him.  Zimmerman had a gun.  The man and the boy fought.  Zimmerman shot Trayvon and the boy is dead.

Anything else is words said by Zimmerman in his own defense and therefore suspect.  The dead boy cannot speak for himself.  He would surely have much to say.

The boy had a right to walk home unmolested.  He had a right to dress as he pleased.  He had a right to walk in any manner he wished by any route he chose.

Zimmerman had no rights beyond reporting what he saw.  If he had done that only, we would not be having this discussion and a teenage boy, yes, one teenage boy in a universe of teenage boys whose lives are threatened every day, but this one, with parents who loved him, would be learning what his future held for him.

When I was 16 I ran away from home, 30 miles by greyhound bus.  If I had not been found by a truant officer my life might have been very different, it might have ended.  The teenage years are years of confusion and development.  Trayvon was a victim. 

Yes, we've talked to death on this issue.  It is however, an issue of our times.  The discussion reveals our prejudices, bias, compassion, caring, ability to discern reality from fiction and much more.  If it wasn't about the death of a young boy, I would call it an excellent exercise in discussion.  However, a boy died.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 pm

7/18/2013

See DK can't get over this, time to quit ! We all know what he did was
                      dead wrong , we can't change history , but we can change laws ! So
                      stop adding fuel to the fire, it's going to get worse ...

Cheers....Joe......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:24 pm

DK is right in my sight.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 pm

This thread was hijacked from the get go--it certainly does not make me feel good at all.
It makes me sad that anyone could be murdered in such a heartless manner, then blamed for it all.
YUK!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 am

Alice, thank you for hanging in regardless of all the created complications applied to this case.  It was sad.  You are right.  I guess it's time to let it go, but unfortunately I live in Florida, one of many states with embarrassing situations for people who believe in justice and fairness.

However, they say that believing life is fair is the first step to insanity.  A sane person knows it is not.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:16 am

7/19/2013
                     Just saw interview with Trevon Martin's Mother, she said and I quote :
                     " It was not a racial thing ."  So people who keep calling this racial are
                     wrong....I can't stand race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson..

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 am

Even in the jaded times we live in, there have to be events and times that cut through the clutter of keyboard animosity that gives courage to some to mock, debase and trivialize the value of every life. It's too easy for many to tear down others from behind a wall of electrically generated arrows thrown endlessly, but if we have lost the ability to feel what someone else may have been experiencing or feeling. I remember being 17-years old and don't know how I would have reacted if a man was following me as I walked home in my neighborhood at night, it would have been terrifying. Not quite a man, but still a child, all alone with an strange adult following me, if people can't connect with their own feelings at that age, then maybe we're lost, but I refuse to believe that.

I saw the interview of the Martin family and the racial angle that they are talking about is why Zimmerman believed in his mind that Trayvon was up to no good and that was because, supposedly, young black males had committed crimes in that neighborhood so Zimmerman profiled Trayvon as a potential troublemaker even though he knew nothing about him because he belong to the group identified as young, black and male. The racial element is there because of the black identifier. if Trayvon was white, Asian or Hispanic, then I guess Zimmerman would not have profile Trayvon as looking like he was up to something. I deplore when people know these things and short change the facts to throw a shot and make a point when they know the real issue and it happens here and elsewhere all the time because a sound bite takes lees time to compose than the truth.

Last edited by dtpollard on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 am

7/19/2013

DT...
                             I don't know who your aiming at here , but you forget I grew up in a
                     a diverse black white family, so I know both sides of the coin, I've seen what
                     discrimination was and I'm sure this was before your time. As I have said I
                     don't think he should have had a gun ( I'm against someone carrying a weapon,
                      to me they only bring trouble.) Yes to me it was a crime, he was wrong in
                      shooting Trevon, he should have gotten some time and while he served his
                      time he could reflect on his wrong decision...

Cheers ..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels   Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zimmerman -Not Guilty – Trayvon Dead - How It Feels
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next