Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Facebook

Go down 
+4
dkchristi
Betty Fasig
Duncan Pile
KatjaB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 am

Good morning Forum Friends,

since I have friended Alice, some of you have come up on the Facebook Friend's Suggestion List.

Those of you, whose name I have recognized, I have boldly sent a Friend Invite.

Hope I did not offend. I will not be upset about declines...lol... but I do click through those suggestions on a regular basis to keep up with old and new friends.

Huggles,

Katja
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:44 am

Katja I'd love to receive an invite from you Smile
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Duncan,

you have not shown up on the suggestion list Sad but feel free to send me one.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 pm

What is your Facebook id? Mine's the same as everything else.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Found you Smile
and sent the request
Back to top Go down
Duncan Pile
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Duncan Pile

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Dear Katja,

I have accepted.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Friends and loved ones are unfriending me since I started commenting on the pictures and statements that appear on my facebook with which I very much disagree based on the facts in my arsenal. They don't like being challenged; some have said ugly things to me (even one from this forum that I like and respect) so I'm not adding friends at this time. In 60 days or so when the rhetoric has cooled, the venom stops and hate machines stop churning it out - I'll add in friends .
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:16 pm

@DK hope you pull through

I have read some of the political discussions that are going on in the forums... some made me nod my head, some made me shake my head, there were even some that made me chuckle, and so forth.

I normally keep my political discussions among RL friends and family, but I never get upset about them. Above all, I believe in free speech, and that everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

This election is interesting to me, because it is the first time that I am allowed to vote in the US (just got my citizenship a few months ago after living here for over 20 years).
What makes it even more interesting is that my son and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum...lol...if the flies on the wall could talk...lol.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Katja,
I think I understand a bit of how you must feel. Even within my extended family (brothers, sister, cousins), living on opposites of the ocean, we are on the opposite side politically and even with religious philosophy. I think it is easier to deal with strangers than with family. "Unfriending" a family member can cause permanent damage. To lose a good friend over some philosophy is not wise, however to keep quiet and not express true feelings when challenged is living a lie. These are not easy decisions. Saying what you believe or feel is being honest. We can't expect that everyone will agree with our feelings. Exposure to a variety of experiences affects how we view things. DK often expresses her feelings based on a world view and I find myself in sinc with what she says.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 am

I have lost three "friends" over my political views, so am trying to tone down.
They were not close friends and after receiving a notice from a "friend"
that she was unfriending me until after the election, I responded,

"God bless you don't bother to friend me after the election, with friends like you, I don't need enemies."

I received a long letter of disappointment and of how she would never determine her friends by politics.
Really now? I wonder why we can't be friends now.

They, the Republicans, are so insecure, they can't deal with any dissent.

It is their religion and it is sacred.

Katja, You are a most welcome friend. Facebook 591890 Facebook 591890 Facebook 591890
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 am

Alice you will always be a welcome friend Facebook 995518
Back to top Go down
addicted2coffee

addicted2coffee

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 am

Most of my family is Republican and two are extremely vocal about their views.

I am a Democrat, but I rarely post anything political or comment on any of it. Facebook is just not the forum I choose for that kind of thing. I am not easily offended though. I was a journalist and I beleive in freedom of speech.

But I did report one "friend" who shared an image (one of those FB sign things) equating Obama with Bin Laden and suggesting that we rid ourselves of him in the same way. That, in my opinion, was a threat to the President.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loriduffyfoster.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

David,

You are a most cherished friend

I reformed and posted my breakfast today.
Hope no one is offended by that:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am

addicted2coffee wrote:
Most of my family is Republican and two are extremely vocal about their views.

I am a Democrat, but I rarely post anything political or comment on any of it. Facebook is just not the forum I choose for that kind of thing. I am not easily offended though. I was a journalist and I beleive in freedom of speech.

But I did report one "friend" who shared an image (one of those FB sign things) equating Obama with Bin Laden and suggesting that we rid ourselves of him in the same way. That, in my opinion, was a threat to the President.

I agree. Threats should be taken seriously when they occur. Bringing attention to the threat is a proper step.
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

Hahahhaha Alice Smile

A nice breakfast it was, too. Almost made me want to to and grab breakfast.

I would never unfriend anybody over politics. Come to think of it, most of my FB friends are in line with Obama, I think I have one on FB who slammed a like on Romney's page (but she is weird anyway).

In re to my kiddo, well... he is 22, about to be commissioned, and the military is pushing Romney. There was an article about Romney in the Military Times (I think) that claims that he will not reduce the military. If you ask me that is a bunch of bull, because if he is really going to win the election he will have to make those cuts.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am

Now I can't get into Facebook at all on my PC; yet I can get in on my mobile. Anyone understand that? I can get into everything else on my pc, just not Facebook.

About the military and Republicans: many military come from those parts of the country that are evangelical - because they need the military income to support their family and attend college. Therefore, they are swayed by the religious right pieces of the Republican platform.

Also, after 9/11, any person who dared to say anything in opposition to the war in Iraq or the extreme policies in the name of Homeland security was considered unpatriotic. Therefore, non-republican equalled non-patriotic. Patriotism equalled supporting a strong military against Iraq. Therefore, patriotism equalled Republicans.

Of course that was a trumped up deal, but it stuck. Anyone I know with friends or relatives in the military sent lots of patriotic propaganda that slammed democrats and favored republicans because Bush sent us to war against Iraq because of 9/11. Of course, 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, but Bush hid that little detail and many people still think destroying the infrastructure of Iraq and all the lost life was in retribution for 9/11. Killing Osama Bin Laden was in retribution. Iraq was a different matter.

Just because I opposed the Iraq War, however, does not mean I don't admire and support the troops who have fought valiently there, trained to believe they were defending their loved ones at home. I ache for their suffering and support them in every way. They acted under the command of their Commander in Chief. They deserve all the support this country can provide.

However, Romney is against veteran's preference in hiring - now, how is that supporting our troops? He supported a budget that proposed expenditures high above those requested by the military - sounds like he supports the suppliers, not the soldiers.

So, like most lies, the Republicans are not the party that best supports the military. It is the party that pretends to support the military but doesn't even mention them at their convention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook
Page 1 of 1