Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Bill Clinton for President

Go down 
+2
Al Stevens
Abe F. March
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Bill Clinton for President Empty
PostSubject: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 am

I suppose it would require an amendment to our constitution to get Bill Clinton eligible
to run for President. He would get my
vote.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 am

As a comedian, I sure do miss Clinton. Bush gave us a few moments, too, but Bill provided the best material. There's nothing presidentially funny going on lately.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 am

Sometimes I wonder which is cause and/or effect the times or the humor.

What's wrong with just electing Hilary? They seem to have a solid marriage, in spite of Bill's tendency to stray. And Hilary's obvious loyalty would add to her strength.

bill already seems to do better as the man behind the woman.

Hopefully you guys will note the humor inserted here, sort of.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:23 am

10/22/2011

There has been a rumor for the last few months
the Democratic Party wants Hillary to run , they
want Obama to say he'll leave at the end of his
term, their very dis enchanted with him. Hillary
keeps saying I won't run, You know and I know she
loves the taste of power, I say she'll resign in the
next two to three months, then out of the blue
she'll state " The people need me , they want me !"
Bill will be right behind her...

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 am

I don't like going backward
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:33 am

joefrank wrote:
10/22/2011

term, their very dis enchanted with him. Hillary

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy

I give Hilary more integrity than that. I will be voting for Obama in the next election. I'm talking about 2016 - and there will be a 2016!

Ann
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:01 am

alj wrote:
I will be voting for Obama in the next election. I'm talking about 2016 - and there will be a 2016!
Huh? Did they amend the Constitution and not tell me?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 am

10/22/2011

Somehow people don't recognize that Hillary
is power hungry , she can taste it, see it and
smell it.....Her attitude is Bill owes her one for
his big screw up....You'll see..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:43 am

Al Stevens wrote:
alj wrote:
I will be voting for Obama in the next election. I'm talking about 2016 - and there will be a 2016!
Huh? Did they amend the Constitution and not tell me?

No need, if you put the statement in context with the rest of the message:.
Quote :
I give Hilary more integrity than [what Joe said]. I will be voting for Obama in the next election. I'm talking about 2016

I will vote for Obama in 2012, and Hilary clinton, should she run, in 2016. No need to amend the constituation for that, is there?

Ann
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm

In its full context it still reads like you will vote for Obama in 2016 given the proximity of the sentences. I read it several times before posting and never inferred any other meaning. Ain't language great?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Abe said:
Quote :
I suppose it would require an amendment to our constitution to get Bill Clinton eligible to run for President. He would get my vote.

I said[in response to Abe]:
Quote :
What's wrong with just electing Hilary? They seem to have a solid marriage, in spite of Bill's tendency to stray. And Hilary's obvious loyalty would add to her strength. Bill already seems to do better as the man behind the woman.

joe said:
Quote :
10/22/2011

term,
their very dis enchanted with him. Hillary

Cheers..Joe...

Joe is clearly talking about the 2012 electiion

I said[in response to Joe]:
Quote :
I give Hilary more integrity than that[i.e. scheming to run in 2012, as Joe said]. I will be voting for Obama in the next election.[The next election will be in 2012.] I'm talking about [voting for Hilary in] 2016 - and there will be a 2016[because the world is not going to end in 2012, as was implied on another thread shortly before this one began]!
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:37 pm

You don't need all that he said, she said. I understood your meaning after your first explanation.

I point out only that the statement as presented was fraught with ambiguity. We all do that from time to time. You can say that it isn't and surround it with background and convince yourself that it was correct and not subject to misinterpretation, but when a bright person does not understand something I've written, I take a close look at the way I write.

Take the criticism in whatever spirit pleases you, but I mean no disrespect.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 pm

I hate to follow all that! By the way, does anyone realize that a country that was hated by the world has regained its status in NATO, has participated in a NATO led action that was successful, has eliminated three dictator/tyrants, and is pulling out the war in Iraq that was President Bush's folly? If Presdient Obama had the opportunity to lead the nation in the same way he has had the opportunity to lead in foreign affairs, people would be working by now and bridges and roads would be under construction.

The obstructionist Republican party is sending the economy to XXXX in order to win in 2012. That's some patriotism. In a crisis, the President needs to use his executive power and overrule the obstructionists in Congress.

For goodness sake, put the Jobs bill in place and let people go to work. If the jobs bill is a miserable failure, that will give the Republican party something to use in the election. As it is, they are afraid of its success so they are preventing the country from pulling up.

I'm amazed at the claptrap that is coming out of the Republican debates. What a bunch of stupes. No wonder the Republican party has to stop President Obama at every turn. The man might have a chance to help the country.

I don't care is the President is running for re-election with the Jobs bill --- he deserves re-election. This is a country with short memories. Wake up people: the Iraq war put us in debt, not the seniors and the children. The Iraq war is an embarassment that history books will have plenty to report - although I guess history is easily forgotten.

Now, as far as Hillary Clinton. She was ahead of the curve with Health Care and if the political stupes had left her alone, we would have had the health care we need a long time ago. She has done very well as a statesman. I do not know how she would do domestically.

The only problem with President Obama is that he is presidential. In times of crisis, we needed a dictator. I feel venomous toward the members of the Republican party that are preventing those in need of jobs from getting them.

They need to be voted out of office, en mass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Al Stevens wrote:
You don't need all that he said, she said. I understood your meaning after your first explanation.

I point out only that the statement as presented was fraught with ambiguity. We all do that from time to time. You can say that it isn't and surround it with background and convince yourself that it was correct and not subject to misinterpretation, but when a bright person does not understand something I've written, I take a close look at the way I write.

Take the criticism in whatever spirit pleases you, but I mean no disrespect.

BS. It was a snarky thing to say.

But I forgive you.

Ann
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:19 pm

10/23/2011

Hillary for President !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 am

Hilary expresses no warmth. She has a cold disposition. She is intelligent but lacks the human touch.

I think Obama has charisma as did Bill. Obama has worked to heal the wounds of his predecessor and succeeded. DK expressed the reasons for his inability to get the economy functioning again. The GOP is working against the welfare of the Ameican people wanting to maintain an elitist hiearchy.

We have witnessed revolt in the Middle East, referred to as the Arab Spring. A revolt (Wall Street) has started in the US and I suppose one could call that the American Fall (pun intended). If they can keep the momentum going until the next election, it may result in positive change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Clinton for President   Bill Clinton for President Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Clinton for President
Page 1 of 1