Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Is There A Doctor In The House?

Go down 
+12
JoElle
thehairymob
Carol Troestler
zadaconnaway
Sue
Phil Whitley
madhatter
Shelagh
Betty Fasig
Dick Stodghill
Abe F. March
rainbow689
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:21 am

It is worse than merely criminal that such things go on in this country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:36 am

I agree, Dick. It seems to just be about the money. And insurance companies are no better, in fact, maybe worse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am

A country that claims to be the "greatest," is one of the worst when it comes to providing healthcare. A simple check on who is in opposition to a universal healthcare program explains much.
There isn't a government employee who is without a fully paid healthcare program. And who pays for that? We do. Now ask that same government to provide care for the rest of its citizens and it says, no.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Here's the latest update.

Rainbow had a physical therapist in today who explained that he has stenosis and that the fluid has leaked out between some of the disks in his spine and a couple of them are now bone on bone. The motor nerves are trapped by bone spurs so that the signals aren't getting through.

The good news is that he's still in the hospital and feels that they are actually trying to get him to a hospital for the operation he needs. The hospital has talked about getting him Meals on Wheels for when he does go home, but it doesn't seem like they're going to just send him home right now.

He was given shots for the pneumonia and meningitis today. He's comfortable and being well taken care of, although bored. He watched the sci-fi channel all day.

The therapist said it could've been coming on for 10 to 15 years, and possibly the bites could have aggravated it. But she wasn't recommending any physical therapy after looking at his MRI.

That's all for now. Again, he thanks everyone for their good thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:31 pm

flower Thanks Helen! Continued blessings sent Rainbow's way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Wow! Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 986286 It sounds like they are finding out what is wrong and earnestly trying to help him. I take back 25% of what I have said and thought!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Send him my regards and best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Good news! Rainbow had a visit today from two young women who worked for the adult protection agency. They informed him that he can't be released from the hospital without a "safe discharge option." The hospital seems to be calling around looking for options of where to send him and what charity resources are available to him.

Since the Laredo Medical Center has the two neurologists on staff that could operate on him, he's hopeful that they will somehow get him in the door and on his way to the surgery he needs.

There's a definite sound of relief in his voice with this latest news. He now knows that he won't just be dropped off at his RV and left to fend for himself.

He has a friend now available who can do the running around to get the paperwork from his RV to send to the lawyer to begin working on the disability case and anything else he needs. So things are looking up!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:28 pm

That's great news. What a rlief it must be to him. I was pretty sure they could not legally sign him out in his present state, but it may vary from state to state. It would leave them liable for a lawsuit, if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks Helen.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:43 am

And Helen, be sure and tell him over and over how we are all thinking of him.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:53 am

Zada, I believe you're right about the hospital being liable if they sent him home and something disastrous happened to him. I don't understand why the doctor kept telling him that he'd keep him for another 24 hours and putting him through the worry of being sent home every day.

You're welcome, Abe.

Carol, I try to read him the responses everyone gives on the boards whenever we talk. He's very grateful and touched by all who care, and He keeps telling me to thank everyone.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:30 am

Helen,
any update on Rainbow?
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:48 am

Tuesday I got this from Helen:

I called Rainbow on Friday, and he was still just waiting. He knew nothing would happen over the weekend. The hospital where the only 2 neurologists are who can operate doesn't want to take him. He said that the adult abuse prevention agency is looking for a nursing home for him. So sad. He doesn't want his computer at the hospital because of the possibility of theft. He certainly couldn't do anything if someone came in and took it right from his hands. His legs and arms are getting worse and he can't stand without assistance any more. So he gets them to prop him in a chair during the day, and then he lays around all night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know Helen has been extraordinarily busy, and probably didn't have time to post it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 am

I'm sure he knows we care and hope he can get help. Wish there was something we could do.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanks, Zada for posting for me on Rainbow's update.

I agree with you, Abe, and wish there was something we could do to help him. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks of just waiting around. They know what he needs, but until he can get some assistance, he just keeps getting worse.

He has a lawyer that's working on getting him disability through SSI, but it's a slow process. He's been turned down for it because he hasn't worked in the States long enough. I think he's a couple years shy of qualifying.

It seems like the hospital is working on options, but he said that they're looking at putting him into a nursing home. Just can't visualize Rainbow in a nursing home!

I wish he'd reconsider bringing in his computer so that he can at least have contact with the outside world, but they say it's not wise to have valuables in there.

I'll call him tomorrow and see if there's any progress and let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, I called Rainbow, and the news is grim. There is absolutely nothing happening to help him, and his legs can't hold his weight any more. He's been moved to another floor in the hospital where there's more care available. He has bed sores and is very down. He hasn't heard from the lawyer who is appealing his disability claim. He could barely hold the phone in his hand. He's waiting for his trucker friend to get back who can bring him his mail and do some running around for him.

He says that he appreciates all who are thinking about him.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks for the update Helen. This doesn't sound good. Please pass on my very best wishes and tell Rainbow that he's never very far from my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Doctor In The House?   Is There A Doctor In The House? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is There A Doctor In The House?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7