Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !

Go down 
+4
LC
alice
dkchristi
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:27 pm

LC wrote:
I understand, and it's unfortunate. His problem really started when he defrauded the bank of $600, then presented a giant check for them to cash and expected it to go smoothly. I still think there's more to the story, though.

He obviously did not know there was a problem.

I never said a bank covered anyone's tithe. I said I did. I was the church treassurer.
I do not consider someone who messes up their bank account to be a thief.

You do.
Fine we have a difference of opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:44 pm

7/10/2011

I belong to a Credit Union, so far no trouble, they have a
seniors account, Savings and Christmas Club, they have
a big following and all are members who own a piece of
the Credit Union...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Obviously the man's acccount was still open when the check arrived. How else could they have taken 600 dollars out of the check?

Then they close his account and send him a check which they can't recognize?
Come on they are the thieves. He loses his car and job--despicable.

LC doesn't think they are racist, so fine-- They are stupid, idiotic, moronic, greedy people! lol!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 am

Many assumptions here based on this one article. Banks do screw up, it also happened to me. It becomes CYA time for all concerned.
Stereotyping may have played a role as LC pointed out. When there is a history of fraud by a particular group, it often plays a role in making decisions. Playing it safe, in favor of the bank, is expected. Fixing blame becomes important for any legal action.

What triggered the action?
Would there have been a problem if there was no overdraft on the account?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 am

Obviously not., The check would have gone in his account.
Since there were overdrafts they took the liberty of repaying themselves and issued him a worthless check.

I say worthless beccause it cost him a job and a car plus four days in jail to cash it.
The jail record will follow him., It will impact future jobs.
Every employment application inquires, " Have you ever been in jail?"
But, unfortunately people are not perfect and neither are banks.

Last edited by alice on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 am

This article has been missread. He did not have $600.00 of overdraft fees. The total he owed them was 600.00. They took their money. This would have covered the overdrafts plus the fees.

Read what it says--Thanks!

Original check $9063.21
Minus -$600/00
Check amount $8463.21

This was a very good topic and I am sorry to live in the state in which it occurred. It was grossly unfair. I hope the man is made whole. This is my final comment on this travesty.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:34 pm

This guy had JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE.

The story doesn't say why his account was overdrawn and closed. But at the time he bought the house his account, my guess is, would have been in good standing.

It doesn't take long for banks to close overdrawn account, but they usually only issue one letter of warning. And of the $600, a lot of that was probably their huge fees.

I've been overdrawn, and once the fees hit ... it is easy for a small overdraft mistake of $30 on my part, to become a $95 problem I need to fix.

Personally, I hate to see people play the 'minority prejudice' card, even though I am a minority ...

But come on, I think there is a good chance had this been a white middle age, middle class looking woman would she have been arrested ... chances are, uh, no. I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 am

Years ago in the days of personal banking, we had an account that was often overdrawn because we lived on a sailboat and were dependent on direct deposits and international transactions.

Our bank covered all our overdrafts and sometimes billed us fees and often deleted them. We did have a lot of money flowing through that bank, in and out. Money talks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2