Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !

Go down 
+4
LC
alice
dkchristi
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! Empty
PostSubject: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 pm

7/8/2011

You have to read this, un-heard of and reeks of pure discrimination !
Customer tries to cash Bank Check for $8,600- winds up in jail for
four days, un-believable !>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43673909/ns/business-local_business/

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:59 pm

!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Despicable--and people deny racism is alive and very well?

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! 798629 Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! 798629 Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! 798629
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

7/8/2011

I say this is a 10 Million Dollars Lawsuit !
Easy to win... Me, I would have been furious !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:31 am

Quote :
He says he requested to have the rebate deposited directly into his
Chase bank account in Auburn, Wash., but when the IRS rebate arrived, he
found out that Chase had closed his account because of overdrawn
checks. The bank deducted $600 to cover what he owed
and mailed Njoku a
cashier's check of $8,463.21 to make up the difference.

Unfortunate story, but his passing a bunch of bad checks in the first place -which makes him a thief- put this in motion. His bounced checks plus the rampant counterfeit check passing that Nigerians are famous for made the bank cautious. Sometimes folks bring bad luck upon themselves.

Too bad that he couldn't afford to pay his car impound fees, either, maybe he should have just passed another bad check?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 am

7/9/2011

A Cashiers Check is just like cash and it was Chase's
own check, I think they made a very large mistake
that will cost them millions of dollars ...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 am

A real cashier's check is just like cash, yes, but the Nigerians make forgeries of them. Tons of forgeries from all issuers, including Chase.

As an aside, I once got a FedEx envelope of forged checks. I recognized what that was about: someone was playing with a scammer and gave a phony address (mine) to send the checks to. The checks were probably for the scam where they want you to cash them and Western Union them real money. Minus your "commission," of course.

The checks were very realistic looking.

Why didn't this guy know that Chase had closed his account, anyhow? It's not like they do that without notification. I'm sure he was also notified of all his bad checks and bad check fees. $600 in overdraft fees equates to a LOT of bad checks.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:58 am

Maybe bank errrors caused his account to be overdrawn. Banks do make mistakes.
Once the bank notified me my account was overdrawn.
It was because they put through a check for $100.00 more than I had writen it for.

When I found and pointed out their error, they fixed it I said, " Pay me $18.00 because you are the problem here." They said, "we don't pay for errors, we just fix them."

I know LC will say, "why was your bank account so low?"

My answer, " it was Christmas time and I am an accountant."

Last edited by alice on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 am

If his account was overdrawn due to bank error, I'm sure this race-baiting article would have mentioned it. As is, it did what it was supposed to do -get folks like you screaming, "racism! racism! racism!" AOL and HuffPost "articles" are so predictable.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am

Folks like me?

If I had been the teller, I would have looked to see if the check had been issued by
Chase, reopened his account, deposited the check it in his new account and deducted the 600.00 and thanked him for his continued business. I would have sold him overdraft protection.

There would have been no story in the newspapers.

Also, he may have overdrawn on a debit card. Being a lousy checkbook keeper is not the same as being a thief.
I had a woman overdraw her tithe checks repeatedly.

Finally I paid one of them and told her to repay me when she could. I do not look on her as a thief.

Last edited by alice on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:23 am

Some years ago, my bank lost my paycheck. I didn't know about it for several weeks, as I had a balance in my account, but the overdraft notices finally started coming in about the same time as my monthly statement. I took everything to the bank, including the deposit slip for the paycheck that didn't seem to exist. the clerk who was "helping" me got up and went across the room to talk to her supervisor. She didn't realize, I guess, that she was talking to a high-school teacher who was used to listening to whispered voices. I heard her tell her superior, "We have another one." He walked her further away and they continued to talk. Eventually, she came back and told me that she would remove the overdraft charges, but that they could not credit me with the deposit until they found the check. I pointed out to her that the deposit slip was proof that there had been one. It took awhile; I stayed calm and just kept repeating that fact. "I have a deposit slip showing that I made a deposit on that date."

Eventually, she sent for that supervisor. After he and I talked for a while, apparently because of my quiet, polite determination, he switched over. By the time it was done, he had agreed to record the deposit, remove the charges, and write letters of apology to everyone that a check had been sent back to, and to reimburse me for any fees I might have to pay to the places that had to deal with the returned checks.

From that experience, I believe that quiet persistence can often overcome the mindlessness of the system.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:25 am

Yes, folks like you, apologists, always making excuses. So this guy just overdrew his tithes, is that what you're saying? And Chase cancelled his account because of it? Ok.

Ann -just about everyone does an occasional overdraft. Did you do so many, and for such amounts that the bank cancelled your account?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:41 am

LC, I had had that account for over five years when the incident occurred. Much of the problem had to do with computer programs that were acting on autopilot, so to speak. Most of the checks were bill payments, made just after the first of the month, when the check was deposited, and the bank did not start to return them until a specific number of overdrafts had been paid.

As to the initial loss, I have reason to believe that there was some theft and embezzlement involved. Mine was far from the only check that went missing.

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 am

That's not what I asked, though. I asked if your account was cancelled. This guy overdrew so many checks that the bank cancelled his account. I guess that was a mistake on the bank's part, too?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:39 am

" Did you [have so many overdrafts], and for such amounts that the bank cancelled your account?" is a rather complex and loaded question, LC. Even a bit rhetorical, since you had to know the answer if you read the whole post.

What is it that you are trying to ascertain?

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 am

I'm not trying to ascertain anything. I'm confused about the parallels you and Alice are making to your own situations. The bank cancelled this guy's account, I presume due to the amount of bad checks he passed.

Alice then gave a story about how a church lady used to overdraft her tithes and the bank covered it, and you gave a story about how the bank lost your paycheck, but it eventually got straightened out. Are you saying that the bank probably lost this guy's paycheck, and instead of finding it or fixing whatever problem caused it, just cancelled his account? More racism!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:51 am

Quote :
Are you saying that the bank probably lost this guy's paycheck, and
instead of finding it or fixing whatever problem caused it, just
cancelled his account?
No
Quote :
More racism!
Are you saying my post was racist? I don't get it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Quote :
cancelled his account?

No

So what was your point, then?

No, I'm not saying your post was racist. If the bank closed this guy's account due to a computer error on their part, that would have been ...questionable. I can't tell from this article if that's what happened (and I doubt that IS what happened).

Anyhow, the whole story is fishy and I'm sure stuff has been left out.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:40 pm

7/9/2011

The bank didn't loose the guy's paycheck, if you had read it
correctly he was due a rebate of $8,600- for buying a house
from the IRS , the bank once it received the check noticed he
owed them $600- in bounce check fees ( That I would question)
They closed his bank account and sent him a Cashiers Check
for the balance of $8,000- when he went to cash the check the
' teller questioned him where did he get the check that's what
started the whole scandal !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:56 pm

I understand, and it's unfortunate. His problem really started when he defrauded the bank of $600, then presented a giant check for them to cash and expected it to go smoothly. I still think there's more to the story, though.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

LC wrote:
Quote :
cancelled his account?

No

No, I'm not saying your post was racist. If the bank closed this guy's account due to a computer error on their part, that would have been ...questionable. I can't tell from this article if that's what happened (and I doubt that IS what happened).

Anyhow, the whole story is fishy and I'm sure stuff has been left out.

Quote :

I don't understand why you are being so argumentative, LC.

I had no point to make beyond what I stated in my post.

I'm done with this dialogue.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:28 pm

If the bank deducted the 600 dollars, they had already accepted the check to cover his overdraft. It was after that fact that the bank which deducted the 600 has a problem. Something does not add up. If the bank (his bank) sent him a check for the difference, then it was no longer a Chase bank check but one of their own. That needs explaining.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Banks make major mistakes. Once mine deposited my paycheck twice. The interesting thing was how quickly they backed it out.

I had an account cancelled because I made a mistake and used one of those credit card checks they send in the mail and forgot I'd used one. In my mind I had a zero balance so I didn't open the statements when they arrived. Eventually, the bank called to tell me I owed them nearly $300 in the amount of the check combined with interest and late payment fees and that they were cancelling my account for non-timely payment.

Banks are run by computers, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:14 pm

I worked for banks for almost 20 years. Banks consider that they are always right, no matter what. Banks are kind of like 'them" or "they" when someone wants to get a person who is accountable. "Them and they" are as non-descript and as non-accountable. There is no person there to talk to. It is all a mass of paper upon paper and people who read paper on paper and never ever consider the human being behind the paper.

That is the trouble with the world.

I did appreciate Violet's story, because she has told the truth.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Banks make mistakes and are often quite rude.
I had a line of credit and put through a check for $1800.00.

They did not post it to my account. I called and asked why they said they would do it next month. Next month came and it still wasn't done. I called to ask about it and a snarly lady said, "What's your problem?"

"I have no problem," I answered. "'You do though, I have $1800.00 in my account which you have not charged me for. Either post it as a charge to my account or say Merry Christmas, I don't care what you do'"

They posted it.

Last edited by alice on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !   Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Customer Cashes Check-Winds up in Jail 4 Days Chase Sucks !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next