Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Jesus Birther

Go down 
+8
RicardoTheTexan
dkchristi
Abe F. March
Betty Fasig
alice
alj
Domenic Pappalardo
dtpollard
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:29 am

A man calls demanding Jesus’ long form birth certificate.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
dt, what are you out to prove? If the President were white would you still be taking up the fight?
I'm not trying to prove anything. This is the first non-white President this country has ever had in over 200 years of existence and the first time this birthplace issue has come up to my memory. This issue has never been on the radar screen before, has it?

All of the other Presidents have been white and I would have thought it would have been crazy to ask if they were a natural citizen of the United States after they were elected. The Jesus Birther thing sounds crazy doesn't it...
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
I ran the video, and all that was there was a blue screen. I do not feel the issue is black or white. Is he Muslim, Christian, or what? Many Americans do not trust Muslims. Obama was raised a Muslim, claims to now be a Christian.
I have many true Muslim friends. They all say; "If a Muslim leaves Islam, they are to be killed." No one of the Muslim faith has attempted to kill him...they ether don't consider him a Muslim, or he is one of them. He is 100% for Gays. A Christian( according to the Bible) knows homosexuality is against Gods Law. So he can't be Christian. What is he? Bush put the country on the edge...Obama is shoving it off the cliff...why? Or should the question be, "For who?"
If I recall the country was in the air past the rim of the canyon when Obama took the oath of office. The TARP bailout happened under Bush remember. President Obama was raised largely by his grandparents in Hawaii. How people complain about the man being a Muslim and then complain about him being in a Christian church under Rev. Wright makes no sense.

As for the Bible people need to decide which part of it they want to use to browbeat those they don't like. The part you reference is Old Testament which says a lot of things, but folks only use those that suit their purpose. This is Easter and the New Testament says there is redemption for everyone. The New Testament set the conditions for salvation through the man that rose from the dead today. That means much of the Old was supplanted and superseded. Remember Judge lest ye not be judge. There is a difference between personal beliefs and what one must support as law. The united States operates under the Laws of the Constitution not the laws of the Bible, this is not a Theocracy, but a Democracy.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:38 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Quote :
He is 100% for Gays. A Christian( according to the Bible) knows homosexuality is against Gods Law. So he can't be Christian.

From what standpoint do you interpret the Bible, Dom? Have you, for instance, studied the history and/or culture of the area and time? Can you read Latin, Greek, or Aramaic?

I new a woman once who told me that if the King James Version of the Bible was good enough for Jesus it was good enough for her. Now, I'm sure you know better, that the KJV was roughly equivalent in time to the works of Shakespeare, but surely it points out to you that there is nobody today who can read the Bible as it was originally written, especially since none of it, Old Testament or New, was written at the same time, by one author. It was compiled over the years by several groups and sources, from different groups within both Judaism and Christianity, that what we today call the New Testament was basically culled and compiled several hundred years after the death of Christ.....

I could go on.

The interpretations that insist that God opposed homosexuality as abnormal behavior are no more valid than those that accepted slavery as normal.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank goodness, God made us and He can judge us. He knows what is what, we don't. I don't admire the gay lifestyle, but I am not gay.

I don't know why gay people are gay, but know most of them don't like the situation. I don't thiink President Obama is 100% for gays. He is married and has children. He is for gays having rights. That is how I see it.

Last edited by alice on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Dear Ann,
I could not have said it better.
David and I watched an old movie tonight, "The Greatest Story Ever Told". What a slanted, catholic, dogmatic, perverted film.

To think that people see that movie and consider it equal to the "voice of God" is why this world is in the turmoil it is this day. No reason, on questions, no actual facts, jut pure propaganda...no other word for that movie.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:37 pm

I believe that right here is the Kingdom of God. We live in it and are caretakers of it, responsible for our fellows that live with us on this earth, human or animal. We have inherited it. Our children inherit it and their's after them and on into eternity. We do not have to do a thing but live to be part of God's Kingdom.

That is my belief.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:41 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't know Domenic, I am to love everyone. God can judge them. I love and respect God.

I prefer people to keep their sex lives private.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Here is another take on the God thing that was passed to me by Al.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

As for the accuracy of the Bible, we discussed that in past threads. My comments are there.
Hearsay is questionable and it was hearsay that was recorded, long after, and then translated, creating more chance for error and interpretation of meaning. Accuracy in what was alledged to have been said remains questionable. The story is a good one with a message. Take the good that is helpful to you. Discard what makes no sense.

If we are children of God, we have connection to the source. We don't need middle men (or women). I find it hard to imagine a God (of Love) punishing his disobedient children by throwning them in hell to suffer for eternity.

That's my take on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:44 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:17 pm

I don't consider the Old testament to be a guide for Christians. I don't believe in a God of hate or revenge. I believe in a God of Love, of mercy, peace and forgiveness. I believe in one God - a source of intelligence that created the world. How many Gods are mentioned in the Old Testament?

As for math. I was never good in math. I take what I need from it to add, subtract, multiply and divide. I don't need the rest. If I needed it, I would most likely learn it. I would not teach something I didn't thoroughly understand.

I have read much on the history of religion and how the bible came into existence. It is flawed. That doesn't mean there is not truth in it, however to accept everything written as fact, lacks in credibility. Contradictions of what is written add to the lack of credibility. Is it simply a different viewpoint/take on how things occured, or were things fabricated to suit the politics when recorded by scribes centuries later? There is a huge difference in studying religious philosophy and the history of religion. Philosophy is not a good basis for fact.

Quoting a flawed document is not a credible source to change my thinking.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:50 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 am

Dom,
We all have personal views when it comes to the bible and religious philosophy. Wars have been fought over it. I don't intend to start one on this forum or anywhere else. I respect a person's right to think and believe what they will. I don't have to agree with it. I still have questions that puzzle me. For example: I can't comprehend "an eye for an eye" philosophy being the same as one of "forgiveness".
I go with what feels right for me. In the end, whatever or whenever that is, I will know the truth, however I'm not anxious to find out.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 am

I am impressed by the Bible's impact and longevity. I appreciate its beauty and poetry and the effort that went into its writings. It's the religious text with which I am most familiar. It's influence on history, art, literature, education and culture in general is amazing.

There are other religious texts with similar impact in other parts of the world. I just have not read them.

Like most people I know, I quote the Bible when it suits my purpose the same as I quote other great works or writers. I take what is meaningful to me and recognize the flaws of a historical document, written from memory by many authors and translated many times over.

I leave a person's religious beliefs to them. Any belief that incorporates hatred in any of its forms is one that I wish to avoid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
RicardoTheTexan
One Star Member
One Star Member
RicardoTheTexan

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-17

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 am

The first Bible in book form. Curious. I had no idea Herr Gutenberg spoke and printed English. Live and learn.

Obama, black. Langston Hughes disagrees, I think.

The race issue and the Presidency: Cynthia McKinney. No one has ever heard of her. It's interesting how the media tells everyone exactly how they should feel about any issue. It's even more interesting that the media tells blacks to feel one thing and whites another, and they very obediently and obligingly do. (Good manners, I suppose).

The Bible. As an astoundingly well-read person, critic, and storyteller, as well as a man of impeccable taste and an objective judge of literary merit, I maintain that forty thousand Shakespeares would not have been enough to write the Bible, even if they had Alexandre Dumas and Leo Tolstoy to help them. That said, you have to consider the epoch. Doubly impossible, then. Ergo, Divine Dictation rules. To be sure, there are some human insertions here and there. They serve a whole bunch of purposes, but that's a whole different story.

Happy Easter, everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://mightyniche.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 am

I will leave the Bible alone. As for the race of the President, I will make a statement. It is not easy to escape this country's history on how people were classified for racial purposes. It was once written into law that anyone of mixed parentage of black and white parents were considered black and that practice continued after the laws were changed. For some to pretend when convenient that the President is not black is being less than true to the racial history of the United States. In addition, President Obama himself has stated that he considers himself to be black/African American.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 am

Tex said: "I had no idea Herr Gutenberg spoke and printed English. Live and learn.

Who is Herr Gutenberg and how does he fit into the picture?
Back to top Go down
RicardoTheTexan
One Star Member
One Star Member
RicardoTheTexan

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 am

Quote :
It was once written into law that anyone of mixed parentage of black and white parents were considered black and that practice continued after the laws were changed

I don't like to think that that particular law is STILL obeyed by most blacks and whites alike. Personally, I choose not to abide by it. Am I allowed?

Quote :
For some to pretend when convenient that the President is not black is being less than true to the racial history of the United States

Langston Hughes was a pretender, then. Nice. As was Frederick Douglass. Again, nice.

Quote :
It is not easy to escape this country's history on how people were classified for racial purposes

people were classified: past tense, no?

We live today, which means I shouldn't classify them based on racial purposes, and I don't, because that would be boring and hardly elegant, and I heartily advise you not to classify them based on it, either.

The biggest mistake of the whole race history issue in this here country EVER was to color-codify slavery.

The second biggest was to abolish it without opening it to the whites for a couple of generations first. Too bad: it would have taken care of pretty much all racial problems we've had since then.
Back to top Go down
RicardoTheTexan
One Star Member
One Star Member
RicardoTheTexan

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 am

Quote :
Who is Herr Gutenberg and how does he fit into the picture?

Oh, gees, I don't know, Abe. Folks tell stories. Something about this, like, I don't know, German monk who came up with this, uh, printing thingie, and the first thing he, like, printed on it. (Must have been an HP. I'd hate to think it was a Lexmark).

Some time after that, I don't remember exactly how many centuries, nor in what country, a bunch of funny-talking folks gathered upon some loony king's decree to do a translation job. I'm not sure what the compensation was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Jesus Birther Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jesus Birther   The Jesus Birther Empty

Back to top Go down

The Jesus Birther
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next