Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

"Birther" soldier refuses deployment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

"Birther" soldier refuses deployment Empty
PostSubject: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/04/14/army-to-court-martial-officer-who-doubts-obama-was-born-in-u-s/

Oh, this takes the cake. A lieutenant colonel (doctor, no less) is refusing to deploy to Afghanistan because he says Obama isn't qualified to be president, so can't order him there.

I can't believe someone of this stature spouts this. Even if Obama WEREN'T born here, he was still born to an American citizen, so he could have been born on the moon and STILL be an American citizen. Hence qualified as any to be President!

What don't the "birthers" get about this?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:17 pm

4/15/2010

LC..

I hate to get into this, but you must be born in the USA in order to be President , that's the law ...
I would have more rights than a naturalized citizen to be
president...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

I understand naturalized citizens are disqualified, but if you are born to an American citizen overseas, you are still native, not naturalized. Otherwise, all the mililtary brats born overseas would be naturalized.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:15 pm

No, as a matter of fact, you don't have to be born in the US to be president.

John McCain, for instance, was born in the Canal Zone.

If your born to American citizens in another country you enjoy dual citizenship until you reach majority, at which point you can choose which country to be a citizen of.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:38 pm

How could a LTC/doc not know this? How could any of these "birthers" not know this?

Maybe the doc just doesn't want to go to Afghanistan, and thinks this tantrum will get him out of it?
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm

God knows. I spent a lot of my life in the military. From birth to into my twenties. And it's hard for me to imagine anything that stupid.
And this in the same year that an army officer killed a bunch of fellow soldiers for Al Queda.
What the hell is going on?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I think the guy is trying to make a political statement. He may even be considered a VP candidate on the next ticket, however I don't believe he comes from Alaska.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Birther" soldier refuses deployment   "Birther" soldier refuses deployment Empty

Back to top Go down

"Birther" soldier refuses deployment
Page 1 of 1