Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 am

cute cat clip..

"Maybe written words can be just as effective as spoken words then." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "Think of the history books that teachers give out to their kids. All of those written mistakes and bloody battles are their so that we won't repeat the mistakes of our past."
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 am

No ones going to win unless this board closes.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:28 am

repost from elsewhere

"...difficult balance..." went the goblin, explaining "...which forums to be on I mean, I'm guilty of forgetting those sites that forget me I suppose, or the ones that don't feed me much, but that is how it should be, for what does one owe somewhere that is outrightly hostile, or worse, a forum that show no interest...", ah but the goblin too, was often guilty of just overlooking a forum, he lost its link or his password to it, saying "...I'm a scavenger where notifications can mean food where posts feed me..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Racoon

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 am

Quote :
No ones going to win unless this board closes.

the goblin warmly welcomed dmondeo to this madness then, saying "...ah no, in truth this game never really ends does it, for one can walk away from any thread whenever one wishes, where threads fold too, though it's still forumland wherever one is now, and still posting against oneself too, while one can that is, just a short "journey to self", one that is always shorter than one thinks..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Discworlddeathsh1
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 am

"Why do you want to delete this topic? No one is really meant to win on this last post. It's meant for writers to develope an anonoymous persona by posting their thoughts on various subjects really; and maybe even develope an opionion on a subject they thought was a lost cause." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie, who suddenly realized that she never really apprecatied this last posting for what it really was, until just now. "I truley do enjoy posting here, because this last posting allows me to be anonoymous and post what I think without much thought..."
the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzStM6XhukGsUwrwBJuVok_6L1Gpzhz2XYdFZGxTOYqB29v5M&t=1&usg=__U9gZhJiSOfeJFAeVjCUDpYQJ4C4=
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:46 pm

("...I feed off your posts vampire, where I'm very good at listening and I know that at some point this becomes habit, where one is posting ones dailylife out of oneself, or passing ones lot through the focus of ones pen perhaps, but either way I haven't met anyone yet whose posts have not improved by a practice of airing, editing, and storing them..." mentioned the goblin who did just that then)

repost from elsewhere

"...good posts on a difficult topic, I guess I am not really an honest person though it's not out of some wish on my part to be dishonest on my part, no, more a wish to retain the only thing I really have of myself, my own secrecy..." mentioned the goblin wondering if any of those things that made one happy actually made one think too, saying "...it's like being given the choice between being some happy sheep or an unhappy wolf as far as this dailylife is concerned, like knowledge at the cost of ones happiness perhaps..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 AgentsmithX
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:31 am

repost from elsewhere

"Me I'm dishonest. And the dishonest ones you can alsways trust to be dishonest; honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for because you never know when they'll do something incredebly....stupid."
the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNq_Ex7aY53hpCPZK6v8Kf3gkWS6ALpYz0Ww6HXFa7qRn5CXU&t=1&usg=__qPSZ5cyZjT-HCkAKjI9k8-GgMUk=
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 am

The most dangerous person is the one who is "almost" honest. He/she is honest when it is expedient to be so. With them you are never sure.
I would rather deal with a crook and know with whom I am dealing than with an "almost" honest person.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

An almost honest person sounds like someone I'm dealing with right now. I like that. Almost honest. That's a good way to put it.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:36 am

("...oh, how we have painted ourselves into this corner of high benchmark here..." went the goblin loving the above replies, saying "...I feed well and am thinking upon them still..." meanwhile )

repost from elsewhere

"...nothing like forbidden fruit then is there..." replied the goblin who too, remembers well a time when, as a bunch of senseless carefree youths, he went with them for a midnight swim in the serpentine in london's hyde park only to learn from the police, who had quickly hailed them all ashore, that someone had drowned there the week before

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 IE-137

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin really enjoyed this thread, saying "...this forum reflects its posters for their talent without some writer's pretense..." whereas in contrast the goblin had just been on another forum where once more all the talk seemed to be about that dwindling book-world and some communal hate of this ever encroaching internet, "...well actually, it does seem a bit odd that they should use this internet here to express their dislike of this internet then, ..." ventured the goblin who just understood that change took courage and imagination

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 1254493885767-1
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:22 am

"Change also takes place when there are people who have great logic to make those changes." pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "Think about electricity. If not for the man who invented it, we would still be writing with a quill and pen during the day and by still candle light at night."
the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwQpeySFBLuMQnlizvfduFGGStBzDSa9P1suWUPUfZGkvGEJM&t=1&usg=__oBP_ak0AGgFfniix17RHps5AMo0=
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 pm

("...interesting you should say that, I was just writing about how times had returned to a busier age..." went the goblin, helping out somewhere)

repost from elsewhere

"...as writers, your posts should be pulling the reader towards you now, simply the age of episodes and installments has returned with this internet in my view, where dickens and doyle would not have been nearly such a success in their time if they had written books now, oh no, they kept their readers on tenterhooks by publishing in weekly bits with cliffhangers..." mentioned the goblin who remembered reading somewhere about dicken's fans waiting on the dockside of new york to know if "little nell" was still alive, so the goblin just repeated something, saying "...you see, apart from the rich, most people were busy in the victorian age, working long hours, and having neither the time nor the money for books, but journals on the other hand were both cheap and easy to read...", the goblin stopped in his tracks, counted the lines he had written, and then wondered what picture would actually dress his post, as if knowing that continuity was ones hallmark of what one wrote

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Dare
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 pm

"Yes but aren't you simply a livewriter?" pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "The written world is an enitrely different world then the internet world. Anyone can write just about anything they want to on the internet. It's a lot easier to keep oneself anonoymous on the internet then it is by writing a book."
the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:j7e6RfYQplVktM:l
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Quote :
"Yes but aren't you simply a livewriter?" pointed out the vampire pixie faerie. "The written world is an enitrely different world then the internet world. Anyone can write just about anything they want to on the internet. It's a lot easier to keep oneself anonoymous on the internet then it is by writing a book."

"...yes you are quite right there, I'm a livewriter where livewriters are gaining a following on the one hand, while they can use their posts for writing to their own ends on the other..." ventured the goblin knowing that he, or anyone else for that matter, could write a book on the internet, offering some free or otherwise download-link to it, but then the vampire had guessed the rest, why he didn't do that then, saying "...with what I write, remaining anonymous is a lot more prudent than becoming known, besides who has the time to read hundreds of pages on the trot now, the older generation perhaps but not most people on this internet, so I write in easy to read posts of about 12 lines max both enjoying and feeding off the interaction it creates..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Guaxinim
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:23 am

repost from elsewhere

fleamailman wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
"...no age on the internet..." smiled the goblin, adding "...not unless they trick you into revealing it now..."

54 dammit, you tricked me.

"...ah but you can't prove it, and where one can't prove it, one can only claim it to be true now asking others to believe you..." ventured the goblin whose age very much depended upon where on forumland he was, explaining "...well on writer's forums I probably look and feel younger than most for I am not trying to uphold some pre set standard, whereas on troll's sites I probably seem older as there are limits I won't go over...", just that perhaps what the goblin was getting at here was that "age was a mindset on forumland" where the mind had no actual age

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Sarolta-ban-surreal-16
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 pm

"So maybe we're living in the world of the matrix then." ventured the vampire pixie faerie. "Just because your mind believes it's there, doesn't actually mean it is there. Just like magic tricks. Just because you see it doesn't mean there isn't a way to master the trick you just saw. But, like humans who are faster then any calculators, not everything can be explained..."
the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO1xLrjuElDFHH9F8SwP7H9bU3CYkHgE-V19PRz8087p8-1Jk&t=1&usg=__dBqsyCKG8qasRHby-sUkumajijc=
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 am

("...loved that one vampire, you're hitting the mark..." replied the goblin)

Quote :
So many of the elderly I look after, would love to have mobile phones, but the whole process of learning how to use one, is just too much effort and too difficult.

"...the best thing is probably "web cam" then..." went the goblin continuing "...having someone set it up for them then...", but either way the goblin saw a trap here and wanted to avoid that sole dependence on ones family by befriending forumland now, saying "...so many families don't have time for the grandparents, where again so many grandparents make no effort to associate beyond their family now, so the real trap is that the longer they live those ties to dailylife dwindle through natural wastage leaving them ever more dependent on ever fewer people, till finally in some merlin's cave the trap shuts tight upon them...", somehow the goblin remembered his mother again and then thought on saneca's line again "ones plans are too late when in the arena", so he just promised himself that that trap wouldn't catch him without the fight of his life now, saying "...post with me mortals, we win the unwinable while we do..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Gladiator
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
ah see that's my revenge too. i post to everything i see. i figure i'm a little more wacked out than the average person and will probably still be doing this when anyone normal is off playing with the grandkids. I can't help but win

"...not me then, as a rule I only reply to those posts that inspires me..." replied the goblin now, knowing that he tried to avoid tagging where possible, adding "...though at times I do tag if only to encourage someone to find their posting feet here..." simply the goblin biggest fear, with tagging threads that is, is that one ends up posting to some topic that no one let alone oneself is actually interested in simply because tagging is expected, concluding "...so if you see my reply then you knew that I was interested, that is my promise to you now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Nwo3
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 am

repost from elsewhere, a writer's site

"...these days one could probably get a whole library on one large hard drive, for I have most of the many books that I like on my USB key here, and in word format too..." mentioned the goblin just reiterating his unyielding point again that "few people in this age have either the time or the patience to read through umpteen pages of some book now", in fact, his mind mused over that obviously dwindling half life of books as reported by so many writers on their forums now, so the goblin simply repeated something saying "...well if one knows this fact to be a fact then, but still wants those readers to read ones writings, then surely isn't experimenting with this internet, seeing if one can get them to read ones posts instead, something one shouldn't be shooting the messenger here about...", but that was the goblin for you, just he understood the meaning of ones "persona" more than most it seemed, where simply one was like a character in a book on this internet

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 B27
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:47 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
May the saddest days of your future be no worse than the happiest days of your past
-An Irish blessing

"...nice..." went the goblin trying for it now, saying "...may the best day in your life be the one still to come..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Luck

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:32 am

The internet is truley a vast place where one can keep their anonoymous persona.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am

("...this one made me feel good, I wish I had written this before but it will serve for next time then, and how many times now, so I love this livewriting, for each of my retorts get sharper by their repetitive barb, where I am only defending myself each time..." mentioned the goblin posting it)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin provoked into replying then

actually the goblin was really happy the way things were going so well now, in that he had threads with over 30000 hits to them, others with 20000 hits, moreover, he was pleased with the way it is all expanding across forumland here, "...in fact, I'm becoming quite a known unknown it seems..." mentioned the goblin about it, adding "...one just has to write for oneself, finding those forums that are willing to advance one, you know, somewhere where posters encourage one another to write in their own styles, rather than any of that cap in hand conformity stuff of some ever marginalized and diminishing publishing world...", where, what with more and more people turning up on forumland here, the goblin really didn't need to be told how he should write now, nor told where the majority of readers really were here, nor what they wanted even, saying "...look, please don't schoolboy me again like that, for between the two of us that is, who is actually threadbare here for all your claims of whatever publications elsewhere..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 ObamaSmug

Last edited by fleamailman on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
who knows, perhaps i've posted on a thread of yours under a diferent name.

"...ah no xxxxx, more likely I'd recognize that writing style, content, and persistence straight off if you had actually posted like this elsewhere too.." mused the goblin, adding "...besides, one can't prove it either way can one...", in fact, although sorely tempted when banned to reenter some highhorsed forum just to play havoc in a deserved revenge there, the goblin had never sockpuppeted, nor even used another username, saying "...I feel the goal is to get readers to latch onto ones persona here, where dividing ones effort with another username is counter productive to this self-marketing ploy...", something which he summed up as "constant continuity" towards forumland where one was known for ones posts alone

the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Panic
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 am

Two wrongs don't make a wright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next