Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Buy now on Amazon

Go down 
+6
alj
P. Gordon Kennedy
Shelagh
lin
RetiredName
Abe F. March
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A Buy now on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 am

My book is now shown as a "Buy" on Amazon. Did something happen that changed their policy toward PA books? Or, could it be that they placed the "Buy" on for books they have in stock?
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:27 am

Are you a new PA author?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 am

No, turkel. Not new.
All PA books were on Amazon until the fiasco with the printing thing, and then the "buy" button was removed. I'm curious that it has now reappeared.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:20 am

My guess: amazon gave up on their idiotic policy.

Either that or they knew it was your birthday.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 am

E. Don's book has a buy now button, but not Dick's, Alice's, Carol's, Brew's. Betty's or mine.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am

When last I checked, my book still had its "add to shopping cart" button on amazon, But I'm published with E-Book Time, LLC, a differnt publisher. Last time I checked, I was the 2,187,578th. best seller on Amazon.com.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:54 am

New authors seems to get the buy button, that's why I asked.

As far as I know (and someone correct me if I am wrong), Amazon's policies are unchanged. If anyone gave in, it was PA.

PA has a vested interest in keeping their books readily available on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Shelagh wrote:
E. Don's book has a buy now button, but not Dick's, Alice's, Carol's, Brew's. Betty's or mine.

Nor mine.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Way to go, Gordon! From what I've seen, if someone buys one book you'll pass a couple of million ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:09 pm

deleted by merri

Last edited by merrihiatt on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I can't find your book on Amazon, Merri. What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:39 am

At a list price of $27.95 for a paperback, I doubt having the "Buy" button will mean much.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 am

Phil, if you type in Merri Hiatt, it will come up on Amazon.com. The title of the book is Purity. Oh, better yet, I'll cut/paste a link here. Doh! I just thought of that. Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks, Merri. I had tried both your name and the book title and it wouldn't work. Now it does.

Go figure...
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Phil,

I just blame it on the computer! Laughing hee hee
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:44 pm

The price has been added to Forever Friends on B & N:

And the price is ... $21.50. Funny thing is that the $9.99 price on Amazon.com is not attracting sales from the buying public -- most of the books bought on Amazon were sold to contributors. According to Lulu, the list price should be the same on all the online stores as it is on Lulu.com (but the online stores can set their own retail price). According to Amazon the list price is $9.99; according to Lulu, the list price is $17.22. As publisher, I seem to have no control at all over list price or retail price, except for the price on Lulu.com. Maybe this is the same for PA.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:44 pm

As has been mentioned, newer PA releases have a buy button on Amazon, but Abe's has been out for quite some time so how can that be explained?
Here is a legitimate question: Why has the price been reduced on recent PA releases but not the earlier books? Abe's price has also been reduced. Has PA announced any of this?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:38 pm

PA sends me all of the discount announcements; but I didn't receive any buy button at Amazon.com or pricing info. In fact, I think I'm off their discount list! My book has no "buy" button except the Kindle edition which is Amazon's. Silly me; I tried to post on the AuthorNews. It didn't post.

The stories in The World Outside the Window Anthology tie back to our published novels and, in my case, provide quite an advertisement for PA. I am quite disappointed that my mere questions (solicited by them) were the cause of such ire. One of my unanswered questions pertained to the Amazon.com buy button. One way not to answer questions is to rescind the contract.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Dick Stodghill wrote:
As has been mentioned, newer PA releases have a buy button on Amazon, but Abe's has been out for quite some time so how can that be explained?
Here is a legitimate question: Why has the price been reduced on recent PA releases but not the earlier books? Abe's price has also been reduced. Has PA announced any of this?
Dick,

I think this is more likely to be Amazon playing games, not PA. All the recent books sent to distribution by Lulu.com, self-published by UK authors, have prices on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk at the same amount in dollars and pounds ($x.xx on amazon.com, £x.xx on amazon.co.uk). I have sent literally dozens of messages through all the various means of submitting information to Amazon to ask them to change this but they never respond to my enquiry, instead I receive daft responses like this:

Quote :
Hello from Amazon.com,

It may be easier to provide better service for this issue over the phone. You can reach us by phone directly by calling 1-866-321-8851 or using the Contact Us option in the right-hand column of our Kindle Support pages at:

Contacting us through the website allows you to verify security before a call is placed and ensures we have your account information ready when we call you. Our live customer service associates are available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, seven days a week.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
This is a reply to a question about the difference in prices, nothing at all to do with Kindle. It is a standard reply message and I have received all kinds of standard replies but nothing at all about pricing. Yet another reply to the same pricing question, this time about Advantage:

Quote :
Greetings,

The e-mail address you are writing from is not currently listed as an official contact on any Advantage account in our records. For our members' protection, we can only provide information or make adjustments to Advantage accounts if the request comes from an e-mail address associated with the account.

Please send your inquiry again using our "Contact Us" form. Log into your Advantage account and click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

If the contact e-mail address for the Advantage account has changed, you should update the e-mail address online. Log in to your account, click the Settings tab, select "Password & Security" from the green navigation bar, and follow the instructions on the form. Remember to click "Update" to save your changes.

Best regards,

Shailaja G.
Member Services
Amazon.com Advantage
Do you have all of your title enrolled in the Advantage program? Enroll them all today!
It is impossible to receive an answer from Amazon about their pricing policy. This must be a nightmare for publishers such as PA, with so many books at different prices that they send to Amazon and then lose control of the amount stored in Amazon's database. When Amazon make a mistake, they are in no hurry to correct it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 am

Dick,
I didn't notice that the price was reduced except for the "Used" book portion.
I did a Google on my book title today and was surprised to see my book on the Target website:
They have the $27.95 crossed through and the price of $21.95 shown with a $6.00 savings. Actually, $21.95 was the original list price.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 am

Hi Abe,

You will find your book listed on 45 bookstores here:

The list price is £18.97 but I can buy it on Amazon marketplace for £13.95 (including shipping).
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:06 pm

I don't think Amazon would change its policy. I'll bet PA has started having its recent issues printed by Amazon's BookSurge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Buy now on Amazon   A Buy now on Amazon Empty

Back to top Go down

A Buy now on Amazon
Page 1 of 1