Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Come on People!

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
dkchristi
joefrank
alice
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Come on People! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Good post Domenic.

LOL Abe you know me. I look in the forum, and if it gets dull I post some BS, and everybody has something to talk about...lol. I don't like this deal about guys, and gals using the same restroom. About 35 years ago I was driving down Hwy 5.  it runs from the San Francisco are (east of there) to  L.A. about 500 miles. The only thing on the freeway are gas stations every 26 miles. and about two park and rest areas that have restroom. 3:00 I hit one of these. I went into what I thought was the men's room. No bowls on the wall, clue?  I'm standing in a stall taking a wiz. I hear this person blowing gas that sound like it's mixed with a ton of other stuff. Before I left I'm washing my hands...a women comes out of the stall, head down headed for the door at mac 5. I went out and looked at the sign on the door. I was in the wrong restroom. But I learned women are more nasty in restrooms then guys. Believe me, it's 100% true...and she never washed her hands. Guys always wash their hands...we are clean creatures. When we blow wind, we are silent. We never smile when doing it, nor do we act like we are doing it...and we always try to position our self down wind from others. Life is great being a guy. We don't have problems with our stuff like females do.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Shelagh,
I wonder about these things. 
Yes, yes, yes I do.  Snort!
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Shelagh wrote:
No, it's the second leading cause. The first leading cause is forgetting to tell the wife about the mistress. It always ends in tears.

No Abe, the problem is the women. Vote for me, and when I'm President, I will fix things. All women will be issued a title like a title on your car. You can trade it in, sell it, park it, even junk it if you have mind. Run it fast, or run it slow, depending on your nature. And yes, you can even own several titles at the same time. Some men may want to open a Used Women lot. Others may rent theirs out. I would not suggest a man open a business where he buys, and sells women...no don't open a used women lot...there are far to many women. If they were in short supply they would be worth more. But as it stands today the market is flooded with women. I will also pass laws, if a man get a sex change into a women, it has to be on the title in bold letters...real men don't go for the fake stuff. Yes sir, vote for me Abe. POWER TO THE MAN.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:03 pm

If I understand this correctly, it is primarily an issue in the US.  In my experience, sex has always been a subject with taboos.   When one makes reference to bodily functions, sensitivity kicks-in.  A simple toilet has numerous names to avoid the obvious.  Where a simple name “Toilet” could be used, they are referred to as:
Gentlemen/Ladies’s room
Rest Room
Lounge
Powder Room
John
Other

What abouit the pressing need to use one of the above.  In Europe, especially France, it is common for someone to say, “I gotta go pee.”  No big deal, whereas in America, one might say, “I must use the facilities.”  In my youth, I remember “Pee” being referred to as doing “Number One”.   To take a crap it was called “Number Two”.   Why one needs to announce what they intend to do once in the “facilities” should not be anyone’s business.  On the other hand, if one is expected to be absent for a brief period as when leaving the conference to use the toilet, identification of the function may be a consideration. 

Then there is the reluctance to be specific as to the body parts.  As I recall, it was common to reference genitals as “private parts”.  Profanity is used widely and accepted in some circles while in other circles profanity is not acceptable.  As writers we may use a variety of expressions and even profanity to emphasize a point and give added credibility to the common language of the character (s).   There are a variety of words used to make reference to a penis just as there are for a vagina. 

Just as people want what they can’t have or what is forbidden, the same is true for what we view/see.  Covering up to hide body parts doesn’t eliminate the part and can create the desire to see what is being covered.  Every female has the same body parts as are the parts of the male.  Some of those parts are more developed or enticing than others.  Women who want to appear sexy or more voluptuous dress to enhance those features.
When we accept the fact that bodily functions are not just ours alone, we can adjust.  When I went into the USAF I had a shock.  Going into the Latrine and seeing ten to twenty toilets lined up against one wall with no privacy, took some adjustment.  Consider the adjustment of refugees all together with no toilet facilities.  They adapt and adjust. 

As for regulating who should go where, I don’t have an answer.  Last year when my wife and I went on a bus trip to the Austrian Alps and the bus stopped for a toilet break, women were in one line and the men in another.  For those with extreme urgency, they went into the line that was faster moving.  At least there were cubicles to provide privacy.  Another initial adjustment when I first arrived in Europe was at a rest stop (gas station/restaurant) along the Autobahn and found that the cleaning personnel were women.  Standing at a urinal with a woman cleaning the urinal next to me was uncomfortable.  I imagine for the woman it was no big deal, however for the Newbie it was a big deal.  Culture dictates how we view things.  We can either adjust and acclimate or continue to resist. 

“Telling it like it is” has both positive and negative aspects.  Sensitivity and culture will continue to dictate our personal preferences.  Just as I don’t think morality can or should be regulated, I don’t believe regulation of how we deal with our body functions is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:32 am

Good, domenic a man must be independent to say what he stand for, i totally agree
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:07 am

I agree with you, Abe, but allowing boys into girls changing areas is not a good idea. Young girls start menstruating as young as nine these days. It's a very sensitive time for a young girl, and a time when phobias about privacy and bathroom space can develop and last a lifetime.

Oprah Winfrey has a fear of urinating in public; she tries to avoid the sound of the urine hitting the water being heard. On jury service, the other jury members were asked to sing while she used the toilet in the jury room so that she would not be overheard. If someone as confident and successful as Oprah suffers from a bathroom phobia, there must be hundreds of thousands of Americans who suffer from the same or similar phobias. The government is being very insensitive over this issue.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:40 am

5/16

Shelagh is right ! Boys should go to the boys room and girl go to the
        girls bathrooms, I think the Govt. has got to stop invading people's lives ! it
        reminds me of big retail where the higher ups think they know more than the
       employees who work for them, guess what the employees who run the retail 
       do know more then them because their on the front lines and deal with people
       every day so it's the same with Politicians they know nothing.....

Cheers......Joe........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 7:13 am

Shelagh, I do agree with you.  I was trying, unsuccessfully, to say that things like this should not be mandated/regulated by the government.  What happened to common sense?  The word "Private" or privacy is self-explanatory.  We deserve the right to our privacy and should never be forced to give it up.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:37 am

Isn't it interesting what topics turn into?  I had no idea what a can of worms  this one would become.

Last edited by alice on Sat May 16, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 4:53 pm

5/16

Alice..

You ahve no idea what can of worms you opened up !
         I have to think of a new subject, ummmmmmmm, still thinking that's
         very dangerous..........

Cheers..Joe.. Wink
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Think fast Joe.  I am curious. lol!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:25 pm

5/19

Read this about this little boy , he's better than some adults, what he did
            brought tears to my eyes, as they say a child shall lead them..

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/19/5-year-old-boy-brings-waffle-house-to-tears-with-kind-act/21185014/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1355028491

Cheers.....Joe... Sad
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm

He was amazing. A very good example to us all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Come on People!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2