Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Some People!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 am

Hear ye, hear ye! I am unfit for being treated as a human being. I committed a most heinous crime. I expressed an opinion. I said I liked Mrs, Obama's speech.
A doctor informed me I was wrong and when I did not bow to his superior wisdom, he unfriended me and blocked me from replying to his terse message.

I gave $50.00 to the Democrats--ought to announce it on my page, but won't bother.

What kind of a nation are we?

Last edited by alice on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

LOL... Alice,

I think that just goes to show the age old wisdom that even though money can buy you an education, it cannot buy you common sense, tact and certainly not manners.

Take it with a grain of salt, smile about it and know that intellectually he is not your superior.

Well, at least that is the approach that I would take.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:00 am

KatjaB,

You are so right--Thanks!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 am

Look at it this way: The man's extreme attitude would indicate that his anger is the result of his fear. This year's DNC will probably be shown to include more than a few "defining moments" for this election. His decision to block you is an example of his need to block out the reality of what is happening.

His mind is made up, so don't confuse him with facts.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 am

Alice, my facebook page no longer contains but a few of my friends and family. Before, I kept my opinions to myself; but when they started posting those hateful photographs and hateful captions on my site, I let "em have it. But those who wish to spread hate and venom quickly leave when they are challenged.

It is a rough year for me. I have nothing against my friends and family members that spew religious doctrine all the time because I know it is what they experienced in their life and is a part of who they are. Yet, they judge me less than now that they realize I am one of those Infidel Democrats.

Actually, I am not a Democrat exactly. What I like about the Democratic Party is what I saw in the audience at their convention: real diversity. It is a real microcosm of the United States of which I am proud. If you take ten people from that audience, you will find ten different points of view. In common, however, is the belief in an individual's right to choose how much government interference they want in their life and the desire to fund by fair taxation the many services that otherwise would only be affordable only to the wealthy and privileged: health care, education, scientific research, job training, and individual life choices regarding family, religion and helping each other.

I don't believe this country's founding father's imagined a republican party that would try to jam a set of religious doctrines down everyone's craw with legislation! I don't think they envisioned a government that would rather let children starve than have a fair tax system.

There's so much more that is going on in the Republican Party that defies any knowledge I have gained of the Christian religion or any other for that matter. Certainly, no religious principles encourage hating each other!

I administered Welfare to Work programs when they were first put in place. The people with whom I worked were eager to have work and job training. The poor young mothers, though, had so little left after they paid child care that it was a losing proposition. I don't know anyone receiving food stamps or assistance who would not rather work and receive sufficient income to feed their family.

As far as the debt goes - full employment will fix the debt. Fair taxation will fix the debt. Efficiency in government will fix the debt. We do not need to starve children, put elderly out of nursing care and deny the disabled special services. There but for the grace of God go any one of us.

When I was a young intern in Washington, D. C., I wrote a paper about ending benefits for the poor and forcing them into the workplace. It was a cold essay from the mind of a young woman who had never seen a child with a distended stomach or seen a man cry with his lay off notice in his hand. I had never been ill; I always had some little insurance policy through school or work. I wanted to keep every precious penny I earned and squeeze it tight. Then I saw the world and I opened my eyes to the accident of birth - and I became an adult who believes in the bond of all peoples to help each other. In this transient and complex modern world, we no longer reach out to our neighbor but rather our government represents us in caring for them. It's imperfect, but right. We can share in the responsibility; but a compassionate government presence is the only assurance that there is hope for all, not just the privileged few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Thank you, Ann and DK. I am siting here consoling myself with the knowledge that I have lost nothing.

It isn't like he ever came around to see what was going on in my life--just checked to see if
my political opinions mirrored his , and tried to saddle me with his dogma.

I am glad he is gone. Control freaks are not my thing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Some People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People!   Some People! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 pm

DK,

Thank you for your help in dealing with these folks. Very Happy