Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

"We the People."

Go down 
+4
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
dkchristi
Domenic Pappalardo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Sleep The President Of the United States of America, Has threatened to hold those on social security, and those on welfare hostage if the Congress does not allow him to raise the debt ceiling. The situation in this country is the fault of the people…we have allowed those sent to Washington to do what they want. They forget, it is the people who hold the power…and if they don’t do what we the people want, we the people can, and will take the power away from them.

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go ... In CBS News interview, President Obama says Social Security checks may not go out Aug. 3 if no ... enacted by congress to keep S.S. payments paid out since social security ...digg.com/news/politics/obama_says_he_cannot_guarantee... - Cached

Someone in Washington must have a sign which reads..."Fear will make the people do what we want."
The peoples Web-site, “We the People,” will open July 27th. Washington will listen. Their power is money.
We the People will target one company at a time, one product at a time, one elected official at a time. The days of fear, are over.

Remember the name; “We the People.”
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 pm

The President of the United States has not threatened anything. He cannot assure anyone that government business will go forward because the debt ceiling has never before been held hostage to opposing political agendas. His original request was the tradition bill extending the debt ceiling to cover the debts already incurred - not new debt - the debts we have already promised to pay. That's what debt is - already spent funds.

What is our debt? The majority is from the reduction in taxes during the Bush Administration tha reduced needed revenue to support the war effort. The war effort is the biggest piece of the debt since when the war was started, there were no taxes or financial hardships imposed on the U.S. citizens while the best young men and women were being sent to face death. The next piece of the debt came from the programs implemented to put specific industries back into business to provide jobs or prevent the loss of jobs. That is only a small piece of the debt since those payments were successful and have been nearly paid back in full - in full. Another piece of the debt is payments owed to senior citizens and disabled persons for medical care that has been one of the most efficient delivery systems of medical care imaginable. While costs for insurance and general medical care have skyrocketed with exhorbitant salaries in the insurance industry and high awards to malpractice attorneys and for malpractice insurance, the administration of the medicare program has been lean and efficient. The program works. It extends quality life and provides a safety net for people who previously either died, were burdens to families or ended up on the federal dole because all funds were exhausted from illness. Social Security and medicare are paid for by those who are employed for the benefit of those who retire. It's a pay for itself program. Medicare primarily serves children and elderly who have no other source of medical care. Because it is administered by states, it is less efficient and has a variety of service methods making its efficiency difficult to measure.

Thus the debt was incurred by wars and tax gifts to the wealthy and corporations that shrunk the revenue needed to supprot the war effort and the promised services to citizens.

The "debt ceiling" is semantics that matter in the money markets. Not increasing the debt ceiling at this time is not comparable to living within our means at home. The war effort should have been a pay as you go effort - taxing for the war at the time of the war. Tax breaks to the wealthiest people and corporations who have windfall profits from the labors and benefits of this wonderful country is plain stupid. That stupidity should not be borne by the lest able.

President Obama is just stating the obvious. When it comes time to pay the bills, the current revenue flow will not pay them all. Everyone knows that, but he said it to be perfectly clear. The debt ceiling must be lifted so the government can pay existing debts. It will be a world class debacle not to.

The next step is to remove those ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and largest corporations, extend the salary taxes past the current income limits for social security and collect outstanding IRS debts rather than adding people to the prisons who need to work off the debt they owe us.

It's taking a statement and turning it into a threat that keeps people on edge and unable to evaluate the truth from the political hyperbole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:49 pm

7/14/2011

As I've always said: " We The People, By The People, For The People"
We hold the power and we can fire them......We are the boss not them !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:35 pm

The debt limit (ceiling) was first introduced in 1917, and since then Congress has never failed to raise it. Actually, the first time it was put on the table was in 1981, and it was the Gipper himself who raised it that year. Back then President Ronald Reagan said, quote: “The full consequences of a default – or even the serious prospect of default – by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar.”

And now we learn that every time it’s been put on the table since then, it’s been raised. George W. Bush raised the debt ceiling in 2002 – 03 – 04 – 05 – 06 – 07 – and 08. Barrack Obama raised it in 2009 and 2010. And here’s the kicker. The budget, or passing a budget, was not connected to raising the debt ceiling in any of those years.

So, why is it this year the Republican’s in Congress are determined to tie the debt ceiling to the passing of a new budget, and why are they standing so firm on what they insist on calling “raising taxes?” We know it isn’t really raising taxes, it’s just rolling them back to where they were before George W. Bush started the second biggest welfare program in the history of the country, by giving billions of tax dollars to the wealthiest people in the country. We know the argument that the “tax breaks for the wealthy” are needed to create jobs, and if that were true, it would be money well spent. But is simply isn’t true. They aren’t creating any jobs, at least not her in this country. They’re sitting on the money, giving their corporate heads raises and personal jets, but they aren’t creating any jobs. I honestly believe they could create jobs, I just don’t think they want to. Most of these elite wealthy people who have their hands so deep in the taxpayers pockets are themselves Republicans, and I think they are very deliberately not creating jobs in order to point to the unemployment situation and the number of jobs not created as a means to get a Republican elected to the White House again in 2012. They want this, because in that way they’re pretty sure the government teat they’re sucking off will never dry up. So the idea that rolling back the tax breaks will in some way hinder job growth is nonsensical. Job growth due to the tax breaks is non-existent all ready, so how can it be hindered more?

The other reason, which also deals with the creating of new jobs, says that even the mention of rolling back taxes has been enough to keep the people who get the wealthy welfare checks from investing the money to create the jobs. How hokey is that? Are they that afraid? I doubt it. Most people doubt it. [/size][/font]

The American people believe that it is unconscionable to try and balance the budget by spending cuts alone, especially when those cuts come at the expense of those Americans least able to afford the cuts, and most likely to suffer from them. We are already graduating students that can barely read, and can’t find New York or Las Angeles on a map, and they want to take money away from education. Nearly every college in the country is raising tuition just to get by, and they want to take money from the grants program. Seniors are being told they have to choose between eating and buying medicine, between paying their utility bills and their phone bills. Social programs that do the most good in this country are being stripped of funding, when they know it will keep many middle aged ladies from getting needed mammograms. And why is this being done? To create jobs if you listen to the Republicans, but if you listen to the rank and file working man and woman on the street, it’s being done so the wealthy can remain in their gated communities, in their million dollar homes, and fly around the world on vacations. It’s being done so oil companies and big farm businesses can keep making record profits, and keep their corporate jets in the air. It’s being done so the war in the Middle East can continue, and the war is continuing, not to keep us safe, but to keep pouring billions of dollars into the coffers of a handful of corporations. The war has never been about terrorism, or keeping America safe from attack. It’s been about making dollars for a handful of very powerful people who think it is their right to rape this country until the middle class and the working class bleed.

I think the Republicans and those idiot members so the tea bag party that are doing everything in their power to hold this country hostage, should be brought to trial for treason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm

We need our own radio station. We see things so clearly and express them so rationally. However, maybe FOX has seen its day and its potential demise might put a little fear into the rest of the media corporate types.

A lot of hate mongering would disappear if FOX disappeared. Then maybe the country to go back to finding what's right with the U.S. and make it better instead of looking for what's wrong and making it worse.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm

**************************************************************************************
Don and Diane. Thank you for your posts. You have both stated clearly what we've been saying in bits and pieces. I would suggest that you make a blog post about this and I will help spread the word on forums where I have a presence.

If you choose not to do this, may I have your permission to use the material that you have coherently written?

This is a serious matter. The lives of many people are at stake. Non-violence must be tried first, and the written word is a preferred method to use.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:44 am

You certainly have my permission to select my most coherent pieces. Sometimes in my rage I leave out something. It is always validating to see another rational person say similar things.

Unfortunately,the people with closed minds and radical beliefs (gee, that sounds like the very people in other countries whom we fear) have a way of taking the truth and bending it around their beliefs to sound untrue. They take anecdotal information about one or two things and blow it into proofs for their premise.

One of my favorite minds is Robert Reich. He has been telling the truth for years. His ideas about education were the mantra from which I taught. Much of what is going on in today's politics has been verified by Robert Reich. However, name calling and labels are an effective weapon to hide the truth. I am not a "liberal," whatever that means. I am not a political label. I am a rational person who loves my country, my God and my fellow travelers in this world. I want quality lives for the citizens of my wealthy country, not just for a few with the power.

The military/industrial complex is reality. The media is owned by executives who will sell their soul for a profit - yours and mine too. I said so often that FOX was not news but commentary for the purpose of raising ratings and gaining income for the owners. How clearly that is now evident with the rest of Rupert Murdock's holdings in question with practices alleged to be illegal and reckless beyond the pale.

However, it's not just the WSJ, National Geographic, FOX and the paper in Britain that are tainted with the ruthless profit motives, but the collusion of politicians and those who are supposed to protect the public, protecting Rupert Mudock and his employees to save their own skin from his slander. Without his support, the politicians would not be elected or stay in power. I knew that was the case with Republican hopefuls and the CEO of FOX, the widespread abuse has just come to light for me.

There is an ethical abyss among corporate giants whose leaders live in vapors and pursue profits at all cost, regardless of the harm to the nation and its citizens. Because that seems to be the nature of people as they gain wealth and power, some government regulation to protect the rest of us is necessary. A definite conspiracy exists among the powerful to demean this president and push for republican dominance in all government from states to the nation to destroy representatives that might put some ethics up against the ruthless profit motives at home and abroad. They hide it in religiosity to appeal to that segment of the population as though the republicans are the only people who love God and their country.

This is a nation of citizens who love their country and live spiritual lives. They may differ in their beliefs, but love of this country and its potential for greatness is shared by all. That should be the driving force for decisions, not the small differences that the power brokers use to divide us.

The primary need in this country today is economic development and the creation of work for the unemployed citizens. When we have full employment, we will have sufficient revenue paid to the U.S. government to reduce the debt. When corporations and those controlling the country's wealth must pay their fair share of taxes, revenue will increase. When ethics return to business practices, new businesses will develop and grow. However, that takes devotion to the United States instead of self-interest in power and extreme wealth. The die is cast.

However, I did hear some congressional representatives speaking to an empty chamber on CSpan with charts and figures that show they get the picture. Those truths, however, are lost to the controlled media blitz that is not there for information but rather for profit. And the campaigns of half-truths and scare tactics have just begun. It's a matter of who gets the best ad campaign and has the most money to spend; it's not a matter of the best candidates capable of using the great resources of this nation to benefit the majority of its citizens.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:24 am

Everybody here has responded to the OP so well that I have little else to say.

I just want to reinforce that our president did not threaten anything. He merely stated the reality of the situation and pointed out a possible result to the position the Republicans are taking.

The responsibility for this mess lays on their shoulders, not Obama's.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 am

Ann, that's what's so upsetting about the media. Just the slightest twist to a quote and people programmed to hear the worst jump right into the noose.

Are we a nation of lemmings or do we have eyes to see and ears to hear. Don't we see the boarded up small businesses? Don't we see the long lines in the park the day a community meal is served by the local churches? Don't we comprehend 14 million people registered as unemployed - not counting those whose benefits ran out and those who did not qualify for benefits or those who took early, reduced retirements as their only source of survival?

Don't we see the mansions under construction, the corporate jets at the local general aviation, the continued growth of international holdings in the hands of the wealthy, the merging of corporate giants and their little club? Don't we understand the movement of politicians from corporations to military to consulting to lobbyists? And of course, there's Rupert Murdock, one man controlling all the FOX stations. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am

Abe, if I have written anything coherent, which I sometimes doubt, feel free to use is as you wish to.

This time I've passed the point of being pissed off, I've gotten angry, and so I will be making more noise in the coming days. If not here, then somewhere.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:14 am

Keep making noise, E. Don. Here and elsewhere.

It isn't just noise, it's pointing out reality, just as our president is doing when he points out the reality of the consequences of the Republican/Tea Party attitude.

Ann

Last edited by alj on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 am

lol! E.Don,

Keep it coming--it is good stuff--except for the violence. I passed some of it on to Boehner. He needs to hear it.

Don't have a stroke though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 am

Writing letters is a good thing. so is posting our feelings and insight on public message boards.

People are reading our words right now, including seven guests at this moment.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 am

I want to send a message to the President. Here is the message. Please read it, suggest changes or additions. Add your name to your post to be included. It should be your name, city and state where you live, with title, author.
Dear Mr. President:

A State of Emergency exists with many citizens of America.
Many of us are living in fear and that fear is real. As seniors our livelihood is being threatened by the loss of Social Security income. We paid into the SS fund. If there is no money in the fund, where is it? If it was used and not returned it is akin to theft. It is called an entitlement and that is a correct label. We are entitled to the money we paid into the fund. Medicare and VA care is also threatened. The veteran swore an oath to serve and put his/her life on the line. What about the promises made to the veterans? The enemy is not some foreign power, but those who are ready to renege on their promises and deprive the citizens of life-sustaining services.

Mr. President, your efforts for a universal healthcare program is appreciated. We know that the enemies within, supported by the rich and powerful, don’t want it to succeed. The enemies talk about the trickle-down theory. Where has it trickled down? Can they give examples of this theory? Where are the jobs they are alledged to create? What happened to America’s middle class? We have a two-class society, rich and poor, with the rich are getting richer and the poor, poorer.

In the preamble to our constitution, it says, “…establish justice ,insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense and promote the general Welfare…” What happened to justice, Tranquility and general Welfare?

If there are tax breaks, don’t you think those breaks should apply to all Americans? If the rich get tax breaks based on the trickle-down theory, allow them to keep the breaks if they can demonstrate how those breaks created jobs. If not, they should be required to pay up.

I am an author and participate on a forum with other authors. The current state of emergency is being discussed. Here are two postings by other authors.

By D.K. Kristi:
The President of the United States has not threatened anything. He cannot assure anyone that government business will go forward because the debt ceiling has never before been held hostage to opposing political agendas. His original request was the tradition bill extending the debt ceiling to cover the debts already incurred - not new debt - the debts we have already promised to pay. That's what debt is - already spent funds.

What is our debt? The majority is from the reduction in taxes during the Bush Administration tha reduced needed revenue to support the war effort. The war effort is the biggest piece of the debt since when the war was started, there were no taxes or financial hardships imposed on the U.S. citizens while the best young men and women were being sent to face death. The next piece of the debt came from the programs implemented to put specific industries back into business to provide jobs or prevent the loss of jobs. That is only a small piece of the debt since those payments were successful and have been nearly paid back in full - in full. Another piece of the debt is payments owed to senior citizens and disabled persons for medical care that has been one of the most efficient delivery systems of medical care imaginable. While costs for insurance and general medical care have skyrocketed with exhorbitant salaries in the insurance industry and high awards to malpractice attorneys and for malpractice insurance, the administration of the medicare program has been lean and efficient. The program works. It extends quality life and provides a safety net for people who previously either died, were burdens to families or ended up on the federal dole because all funds were exhausted from illness. Social Security and medicare are paid for by those who are employed for the benefit of those who retire. It's a pay for itself program. Medicare primarily serves children and elderly who have no other source of medical care. Because it is administered by states, it is less efficient and has a variety of service methods making its efficiency difficult to measure.

Thus the debt was incurred by wars and tax gifts to the wealthy and corporations that shrunk the revenue needed to supprot the war effort and the promised services to citizens.

The "debt ceiling" is semantics that matter in the money markets. Not increasing the debt ceiling at this time is not comparable to living within our means at home. The war effort should have been a pay as you go effort - taxing for the war at the time of the war. Tax breaks to the wealthiest people and corporations who have windfall profits from the labors and benefits of this wonderful country is plain stupid. That stupidity should not be borne by the lest able.

President Obama is just stating the obvious. When it comes time to pay the bills, the current revenue flow will not pay them all. Everyone knows that, but he said it to be perfectly clear. The debt ceiling must be lifted so the government can pay existing debts. It will be a world class debacle not to.

The next step is to remove those ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and largest corporations, extend the salary taxes past the current income limits for social security and collect outstanding IRS debts rather than adding people to the prisons who need to work off the debt they owe us.

It's taking a statement and turning it into a threat that keeps people on edge and unable to evaluate the truth from the political hyperbole.

By E. Don Harpe
he debt limit (ceiling) was first introduced in 1917, and since then Congress has never failed to raise it. Actually, the first time it was put on the table was in 1981, and it was the Gipper himself who raised it that year. Back then President Ronald Reagan said, quote: “The full consequences of a default – or even the serious prospect of default – by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar.”

And now we learn that every time it’s been put on the table since then, it’s been raised. George W. Bush raised the debt ceiling in 2002 – 03 – 04 – 05 – 06 – 07 – and 08. Barrack Obama raised it in 2009 and 2010. And here’s the kicker. The budget, or passing a budget, was not connected to raising the debt ceiling in any of those years.

So, why is it this year the Republican’s in Congress are determined to tie the debt ceiling to the passing of a new budget, and why are they standing so firm on what they insist on calling “raising taxes?” We know it isn’t really raising taxes, it’s just rolling them back to where they were before George W. Bush started the second biggest welfare program in the history of the country, by giving billions of tax dollars to the wealthiest people in the country. We know the argument that the “tax breaks for the wealthy” are needed to create jobs, and if that were true, it would be money well spent. But is simply isn’t true. They aren’t creating any jobs, at least not her in this country. They’re sitting on the money, giving their corporate heads raises and personal jets, but they aren’t creating any jobs. I honestly believe they could create jobs, I just don’t think they want to. Most of these elite wealthy people who have their hands so deep in the taxpayers pockets are themselves Republicans, and I think they are very deliberately not creating jobs in order to point to the unemployment situation and the number of jobs not created as a means to get a Republican elected to the White House again in 2012. They want this, because in that way they’re pretty sure the government teat they’re sucking off will never dry up. So the idea that rolling back the tax breaks will in some way hinder job growth is nonsensical. Job growth due to the tax breaks is non-existent all ready, so how can it be hindered more?

The other reason, which also deals with the creating of new jobs, says that even the mention of rolling back taxes has been enough to keep the people who get the wealthy welfare checks from investing the money to create the jobs. How hokey is that? Are they that afraid? I doubt it. Most people doubt it. [/size][/font]

The American people believe that it is unconscionable to try and balance the budget by spending cuts alone, especially when those cuts come at the expense of those Americans least able to afford the cuts, and most likely to suffer from them. We are already graduating students that can barely read, and can’t find New York or Las Angeles on a map, and they want to take money away from education. Nearly every college in the country is raising tuition just to get by, and they want to take money from the grants program. Seniors are being told they have to choose between eating and buying medicine, between paying their utility bills and their phone bills. Social programs that do the most good in this country are being stripped of funding, when they know it will keep many middle aged ladies from getting needed mammograms. And why is this being done? To create jobs if you listen to the Republicans, but if you listen to the rank and file working man and woman on the street, it’s being done so the wealthy can remain in their gated communities, in their million dollar homes, and fly around the world on vacations. It’s being done so oil companies and big farm businesses can keep making record profits, and keep their corporate jets in the air. It’s being done so the war in the Middle East can continue, and the war is continuing, not to keep us safe, but to keep pouring billions of dollars into the coffers of a handful of corporations. The war has never been about terrorism, or keeping America safe from attack. It’s been about making dollars for a handful of very powerful people who think it is their right to rape this country until the middle class and the working class bleed.

I think the Republicans and those idiot members so the tea bag party that are doing everything in their power to hold this country hostage, should be brought to trial for treason.

Other authors who agree with the above are:
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

Abe F. March wrote:
I want to send a message to the President. Here is the message. Please read it, suggest changes or additions. Add your name to your post to be included. It should be your name, city and state where you live, with title, author.
Dear Mr. President:

A State of Emergency exists with many citizens of America.
Many of us are living in fear and that fear is real. As seniors our livelihood is being threatened by the loss of Social Security income. We paid into the SS fund. If there is no money in the fund, where is it? If it was used and not returned it is akin to theft. It is called an entitlement and that is a correct label. We are entitled to the money we paid into the fund. Medicare and VA care is also threatened. The veteran swore an oath to serve and put his/her life on the line. What about the promises made to the veterans? The enemy is not some foreign power, but those who are ready to renege on their promises and deprive the citizens of life-sustaining services.

Mr. President, your efforts for a universal healthcare program is appreciated. We know that the enemies within, supported by the rich and powerful, don’t want it to succeed. The enemies talk about the trickle-down theory. Where has it trickled down? Can they give examples of this theory? Where are the jobs they are alledged to create? What happened to America’s middle class? We have a two-class society, rich and poor, with the rich are getting richer and the poor, poorer.

In the preamble to our constitution, it says, “…establish justice ,insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense and promote the general Welfare…” What happened to justice, Tranquility and general Welfare?

If there are tax breaks, don’t you think those breaks should apply to all Americans? If the rich get tax breaks based on the trickle-down theory, allow them to keep the breaks if they can demonstrate how those breaks created jobs. If not, they should be required to pay up.

I am an author and participate on a forum with other authors. The current state of emergency is being discussed. Here are two postings by other authors.

By D.K. Christi:

By E. Don Harpe
he debt limit (ceiling) was first introduced in 1917, and since then Congress has never failed to raise it. Actually, the first time it was put on the table was in 1981, and it was the Gipper himself who raised it that year. Back then President Ronald Reagan said, quote: “The full consequences of a default – or even the serious prospect of default – by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar.”

Other authors who agree with the above are:

Alice M Crooker

Kirkland, WA 98033

Last edited by alice on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

Betty Fasig, author of Wooffer
Duette, Florida
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

Alice, please indicate your city and state where you live.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 am

Ann L, Joiner
San Antonio, TX
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:17 am

Here is another way to put your name where your mouth is (so to speak)

http://dccc.org/pages/atrisk

Even my zip should help on this one. It's a red state stronghold.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am

I added my name, Ann. I encourage others to do the same.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 am

Abe, of course I will sign on. The post needs a good spell check and grammar check before it is forwarded on to the President. I will be happy to do that since I found errors in my own post.

D. K. Christi, author
Bonita Springs, Florida
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks, DK. I also noted some mis-spellings. I expect (and hope) that this will be read by many people. I want to post it as a blog and then do some tweeting. I hope others will do the same. If we all get involved with this, it will help. Asking people to pass it along will continue to spread the word. When they send it, they can add their name.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:45 am

7/14/2011

Ann..

I just signed the petition ..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am

Abe,

Thank you. I have added my City and State. I do not condone violence by you, myself, children or anyone.

I agree with the pen.
Well done.

Ann,

Thank you I signed also.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:05 pm

DK, if you're checking, please look at mine also. I was writing quickly, and when I do that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"We the People." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We the People."   "We the People." Empty

Back to top Go down

"We the People."
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next