Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Come on People!

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
dkchristi
joefrank
alice
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:33 am

What subject have we not covered?

A penny for your thoughts. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:12 pm

5/13

I read something yesterday I know Annie would be in a state of shock to know
the moron politicians in her state plan on going up against the Supreme Court if they say
Gay Marriage is legal and the law of the land, I don't see anything wrong with this, it's 
people who want to be covered if their loved one is ill, bank accounts, all the nine yards
and anyone here knows if you aren't married to that person or don't have legal documents
saying who's in charge you will be told please leave you are not family, do you have any 
idea how that hurts a person who has lived with someone for years and have your rights 
violated...Anyway if Texas and most are Republicans make and pass a law in Texas going up
against the Supreme Court then their should be a boycott against all Texas products and bring
these scum bag politicians to their knees....Who the hell do they think they are ?

As Annie used to say " Just Me." Cheers Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Joe, I miss Ann terribly. Her state is another matter. I believe that people should be free to marry whomever they wish to. I have a gay cousin and a gay nephew. Let God be their judge.

I do not want them to have children. though. What poor child wants two mothers or two dads?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Alice, a child in foster care who will otherwise never have a home may find two same-sex parents a joy. Better two same-sex parents than one parent - raising a child is difficult enough for a village....

The national government has no position to legislate morality so long as no person is harmed by their inaction.

When their action harms a segment of the population, their action is even more heinous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:46 pm

DK. Your comment about legislating morality is significant.  I see that as one of the most damaging things about our democracy and constitution.  Trying to lead our country toward a theocracy is something that must be resisted.  Those who promote this concept are the same people who oppose the theocracy of Islam.  What happened to reason?  Are they blind or just plain ignorant?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:40 am

Just don't move to Texas, Joe.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:04 am

5/14

I wouldn't live in any state that is prejudice, I do believe people live by
                their own fears..That's very sad...

Cheers..Joe......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:53 am

I don't want to legislate morality. I am just thinking of the child. I would not have liked to be reared in a same sex family.

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:26 am

After the first and second world wars, many children were raised by elderly, spinster aunts. They turned out just fine. Ideally, children do need strong male/female role models. But as long as there's a close relative (grandfather, uncle)  willing to spend lots of time with a child brought up by two females, or a grandmother/aunt willing to spend time with a child brought up by two males, children will find their own way. Better to be brought up by two men/women in a loving family than in a loveless family like Betty's.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:42 am

My dad's mother died when he was born.  His father was seldom home.  He was raised by two "spinster aunts" - his father's sisters.  My dad was a good person of many talents, hard-working, and certainly exhibited no ill effects from his upbringing. 

I agree with those who believe a child may be reared by most any type of loving family that provides good examples of love, kindness, responsibility and the different life roles that a person might fill.  In fact, some children may survive horrid circumstances and become fabulous adults.

The evolving of the human race may not be entirely in our hands or choices.  I believe we all need to love our children, mentor them, and work toward their health and well-being - on a national level.  We must put prejudices aside so that children are not left in institutional care when a loving home may be available to them.

Religion that damns any one of God's creations is a damnable religion in my eyes.  I always remember the  little babies sitting in a cartoon that reads, "God don't make no junk."  If only more religious people would take those simple words to heart - in all parts of the world.  Abe, you are right - prejudice and hate are not rational - they are a choice.

My Creator made a magnificent universe and populated it with beautiful specimens that glorify the creative power of our beginnings.  I believe that universe strives for harmony and we should support that striving instead of living by our ego, our greed and our fears.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:47 am

However, evolution is a slow process.  Not too long ago, only the wealthy had the luxury of honoring children.  The rest of the poor children were put to work, and born to share the work load.  Education was for the wealthy. We still have abusive child labor in this country, but we enjoy our cheap food so we turn away from those children because they are not "ours."

Our greedy corporations exploit children throughout the world by closing their eyes until they are caught - and its "oops" -
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:51 am

5/14

DK...

....... Come on People! 973110

Doesn't matter who the parents are, children need love period.
       if you took a child in and they were total poverty and I don't care where they came from
       and you feed them, cloth them, be with them as much as possible, do things with them, 
       they will grow up to be a decent human being..Oh my God now you have me wanting to
      adopt a child ! 
                                                                   Cheers...Joe.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 9:17 am

Good points, Joe.  The saying:  "Love conquers all" has meaning.

As for Texas, there are always exceptions.  We have only to remember Ann and know that we cannot generalize about the Texans as a whole.  I had my basic training in Texas and hated it.  Part of that feeling may have had to do with the boot camp, however the heat was unbearable in August.  My oldest brother lived and worked out of Texas.  He has nothing good to say about his time there.  He moved to central Florida where our youngest brother lives.  The humidity and heat of Central Florida in the summer doesn't bother him, however it is not a place I would want to live.  "Home is where the heart is" has meaning.  If we love someone or someplace, we adjust and concentrate on the good.  It is great when we have someplace we can call home.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:51 am

5/14

Abe...

................ Come on People! 973110

Cheers..................Joe......... Come on People! 499995
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:57 am

5/14

This brought me to tears, this is a real kind human being.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/14/elderly-man-calls-911-b-c-hes-hungry-and-operator-brings-him-fo/21183340/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1860549946                                                      Cheers..........Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:12 am

Why oh why was he discharged to such circumstances? This was profound negligence.
Someone should be out of a job.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:15 am

I don’t give a damn if a women marries her dog, or a man marries ten sheep…same sex, three in a marriage, I don’t even care if the whole world rejects how I think about anything…but I’ll be damned if anybody has the right to tell anybody else how they must think about anything. I’m a smoker. The non-smokers are passing laws were I can, and can’t smoke. They act like they own the world? It’s my world also. The government is passing laws on what I can, and cannot say. People who do crimes are not charged because this country once had slaves. Native Americans living on reservations, if charged with a crime CANNOT have legal ad in a court of law. The United States of America has over 4,000,000 laws. The law says,” Ignorance of the law is no excuse.” But yet attorneys specialize in just small fragments of the law because it is too vast for them to learn all of it? The U.S. Military has Laws. These are called the code of conduct. There are 34 of them. The 34th on says, “This article covers all articles not covered in these articles.” Sometimes I feel like this is the planet of the apes, and the monkeys are in control. Hero’s are movie stars that are play acting, or acting stupid in real life. People are paid millions for playing a game. (football, etc.) But, those who go to school for 12 years to become a doctor are bohood because they make a fraction of what the game playing hero makes. What a stupid world. The bad guys are not the good guys, and the good guys(cops0 are the bad guys? Kids with same sex parents? Yeah, pull my big toe and tell me,” Oh these kids won’t grow up being taught it’s normal for people of the same sex to have sex.”  Drugs are okay because everybody else is doing it…what pea soup brain did that come out of?  People are starving by the 1,000’eds daily, so where is money spent…to go to MARS.  It takes  9 monthe to get ther by the fastes rocketship we have. Man can live only 9 months in space. Why you aske? I’ll tell you…because the human body can only take 3 months of beta, and gama rays before it starts to die. Our leading scientist say, “We will build rocks that will reach MARS in less than three months.” That means it would have to travel at the speed of light that science says we can’t do..but say they did. Gama, and beta rays are like rain drops. Two people in the rain. One walks 100 yards, the other runs 100 yards. Proven fact…they both get just as wet.  Let’s say they build a rocket ship out of lead. That keeps out most of the killer rays. They reach MARS. What are they going tto do there? No oxygen? Nothing to hold out the killer rays? If they want to live where there is nothing, why don’t they just move to the desert? They have oxygen in the desert, and the earth is covered with a layer that hold out most of the killer rays…for now anyway. Top of the list of things to get done for the advancement of mankind? Men screwing men, and women screwing women…a modern educated world must make this a legal marriage, because it’s LOVE. How about the poor gal who loves her dog? The dog also loves her…why can’t they also have a legal marriage? or the sicko guy with his chicken?  What are my true feeling on homosexuality? I believe gay (I don’t mean t gay being happy like it used to mean) people are born that way. Something is amiss here? Homosexuality is normal in animals…some stay together for life. You think I’m pulling your leg? Google it.  “Homosexuality in animals.” Why have I written this post? So when I gather up voters to support, self marriage, nobody will think I’m strange. What is self marriage?  it is the right for a person, male, or female to marry their self.

LOL...funny part of this post is most of it is true...TEXAS, here I come.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

I'm fascinated to see how the new bathroom laws will pan out. From across the pond, it looks like America has just given male perverts and paedophiles the right to wear women's clothes and hang around in women's bathrooms to spy on young females. What is more, they won't be breaking the law. Allow one group, allow all.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:34 am

Bummer, I don't like it
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:06 am

Good post Domenic.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:37 am

alice wrote:
Bummer, I don't like it

Bathrooms should be safe areas. Unisex bathrooms are safer than male and female bathrooms that allow access according to how someone dresses. Unisex toilets are sealed from floor to ceiling, affording the user complete privacy. I wouldn't be happy using a female bathroom area shared with members of the opposite sex, where privacy was not guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:56 am

Dom, is it true that marriage is the leading cause of divorce?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:05 pm

No, it's the second leading cause. The first leading cause is forgetting to tell the wife about the mistress. It always ends in tears.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:04 pm

5/15

Shelagh is right look at what the Rutweiler did to Princess 
             Diana and Charles should have been put in the Tower Of London for 
             being a Neanderthal ....Oh well..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I've been busy doing some research to try to make sense of the new bathroom law. It would appear that the federal government is using blackmail to push through the law:

Quote :
UPDATE: The Fairfax County Public Schools School Board voted Thursday night to add "gender identity" to its nondiscrimination policy in spite of massive opposition from parents and the area’s religious community.

Police were summoned to control a standing-room-only crowd as board members approved the controversial measure.

Critics argued it would allow boys who identify as girls to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice — and vice versa. Parents also had concerns about the possibility of transgender teachers.

School Board Chair Tamara Derenak Kaufax issued a statement calling the measure a way to “provide an environment which promotes equality where every student and employee is treated with dignity and respect.”

“The School Board has taken this proactive step to protect our students and staff from discrimination,” she wrote.

The district said they were mandated by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights to add “gender identity” to the policy — or else risk losing federal funding.

Earlier story:

A plan to add “gender identity” to a Virginia school’s nondiscrimination policy has enraged parents and preachers, but leaders of the nation’s tenth largest school district say unless they make the change, the U.S. Department of Education could withdraw federal funding.

Critics warn the Fairfax County Public School policy would allow boys who identify as girls to use the locker rooms and bathrooms of their choice – as well as participate on athletic teams of their choosing.

Martin Baker, the pastor of Burke Community Church, warned that “the damage and destruction to our children, teens and impacted adults will be incalculable.”

“Everything from locker rooms to bathrooms will be potentially open for people who simply feel that their inner sexuality does not match their outer, physical sexuality,” he wrote in an email to the 3,000-member congregation.

“This is not just shocking, it is morally and spiritually abhorrent, and that is why I am convinced this is one cultural issue where we, as a church, must speak up and out with clarity, compassion and conviction,” he added.

But the deputy superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools said they have no choice but to provide specific protections for transgender students. A vote on the issue is expected Thursday night.

“The Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education is requiring that school divisions revise their non-discrimination policies to include gender identity,” Deputy Superintendent Steven Lockard wrote in a memorandum to school board members.

He also said the federal government was requiring the district to hire a consultant to advise them on how school divisions should handle individual cases of transgender students.

“If FCPS refuses to amend its policy, OCR has the right to recommend the termination of federal funding to FCPS,” Lockard wrote.

I asked myself what was there to gain from upsetting so many parents? Then the penny dropped. When governments insist on pushing through a policy, it's always about money. So I asked myself how would the government be saving money? Well, the alternative to forcing schools to allow children to use the bathroom/changing area of their choice would be to provide unisex bathrooms for children who cross-dress. This would be very costly. Much easier to force parents to accept boys using girls' bathrooms and girls using boys' bathrooms.

Then there was the much bigger cost of sex reassignment surgery that can cost as much as $50,000. Apparently, a bill has been past allowing transsexuals to legally change their identity without undergoing surgery. Eventually, the whole of America will have to get used to the fact that ANYONE, quite literally anyone, can register with a psychiatrist, take a course of appropriate hormone treatment and then change their birth certificate to show the gender of their choice. Who would have thought it could be so easy to become a woman? You can walk around with a penis, have no ovaries or uterus, and no menses, but if you think you are a woman, you are, and you have the paperwork to prove it.

Good luck, America!

http://ctmirror.org/2015/05/14/an-easier-path-to-new-id-for-transgender-persons/

Last edited by Shelagh on Fri May 15, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Come on People! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on People!   Come on People! Empty

Back to top Go down

Come on People!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next