Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ann's Update Thread

Go down 
+10
LC
dkchristi
Victor D. Lopez
Betty Fasig
Don Stephens
joefrank
Abe F. March
Shelagh
alj
alice
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 6:36 am

I too am shocked.  From previous posts it appeared that she was in recovery. 
As Don said, we didn't always agree, however we had good discussions.  We are family and when a member of the family is in trouble, we rally around that person. 
I don't want to get philosophical, however I believe she has gone to a better place.  In my imagination, I see her having a reunion with Dick Stodghill and Carol Trostler.  Their words remain with us.  I have two of Ann's books.  I think her first book, "A Myth in Action" may become a classic.  She made the life of Audie Murphy come alive.

Her posts indicated progress after the operation and I can't help but wonder what went wrong. 

So sad.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:10 am

I am too stunned for words.

GOD BLESS ANN
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:20 am

As a boy I enjoyed the comfort and security of a very large family. Once a week we all gathered at my grandmothers for dinner. Everyone it seemed would be talking, joking, mixed with the taste, and smells of food that magically kept coming from the kitchen.  With time I have lost the smells, and voices. One by one, and at time two, would leave empty chairs at the solid wood oversized table.  A different family owns and lives in my grandmother’s house now.  All the chairs are empty…I am the last.  It is I who will turn the light out. Last night I started writing a new story, not just of my family, but all the families, past, present, and future…those who have, and will leave empty chairs at tables. I did not know Ann had died until this morning.

It did not take me a lifetime to understand, we all believe something different awaits those who leave the table, nor that it matters what we believe, for beyond our belief, what awaits one, awaits all. Don’t forsake the gathering of yourselves together. Don’t put off sitting at the table with those you hold dear. I liked Ann. She was strong enough to let me bounce things off of her, and bounce things back.

Here are the first few words of the story I started last night. I will remember Ann as I write it.

Cast the First Stone

I took a walk along the historic coast of California. The sky was blue, a warm offshore breeze smelled of sea salt… a good day for strolling along the seashore. I stopped to watch the people below. A mother with child played tag with the surf. Some people were sleeping; some of them would remain sleeping forever. Further out where the waves start braking, two men on surfboards made ready to stand, and challenge the sea…one would be taken, one would be left. Death was everywhere. They didn’t understand this.

On the highway above the path cars loaded with college student waved as they sped by. They seemed happy. They were young. A time when life is free and there is no ending in sight. Some, maybe all of them were dead, but they didn’t know it. From somewhere over the top of the ridge, on the other side of the road the sound of church bells summed those who gave their fear of death, and hope of life to those who greeted them with a smile, the proclaimed teachers of God’s word, the ticklers of ears with empty promises of salvation from death, and life in the unseen heavens... Their hands were soft, and smooth as their voices, these ear ticklers. They did not have to work in the fields, the steel mills, or do the thousand other tasks normal men had to do daily. They talked of gathering more sheep before the end, and how the donations of the sheep would save many from death, and how God would reward their sacrifice of coin.

I used to go to church as a boy. I often would ask the ear ticklers questions. As a boy I did not know there were some questions you were not to ask. The ear ticklers would always reply, “That is a mystery only God knows.”  What I did not tell the ear ticklers, I had a bible, and I knew the answers to the questions I asked. When I was ten, my mother would send me to church on Sunday mornings alone, she always stayed home. Part way to the church was a lumber yard. Behind the lumber yard were row upon row of walnut trees, a shady spot I could sit, and see the church. I would sit and read my bible until I saw the sheep leaving the church, and then I would go home. My mother would always ask, “How was church?” I would always answer, “I enjoyed reading my bible.” She believed she was serving God by sending me to church.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 am

A good beginning, Dom.  It makes me curious where it will lead.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 am

Abe F. March wrote:
A good beginning, Dom.  It makes me curious where it will lead.

Thank you Abe.
I'm going to dedicate this not only to Ann, but the little group on this forum…a group of very good people.  Ann’s passing is just a reminder, hug friends, and all those you care about. I never put anything I write about my faith, or the faith of others for sale. I will put this out as an ebook for free.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am

Thank you Domenic
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 am

A good gesture.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 11:53 am

Abe F. March wrote:
A good gesture.

I'll attempt to make it from all of us, to all of us.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:53 am

Sad Sad news just spoilt my day! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:21 am

Every day I wrestle with the thoughts.  She had so much yet to do and to share.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 am

Cast the First Stone
Death is an event we live with. The first question surviving members ask, “How old were they?” Is it a question we gage for our own life? Does it matter how long a person’s life was, or how they lived?  Many have seen the passing of more than one generation. Some have done what we think are great things, others have done little but feed their daily needs. Is one greater than the other?

Humans are the only creatures of wonder who question with feeling and reason. Is a man greater than a tree, or a blade of grass?  Often we look upon what appears to be a living world. It is full of life; vegetation, sea, air, and land creatures of all types from the largest to the smallest. Yet everything on this earth dies. One can feel,  “Something is wrong?”  If you was a creature form a different world, and your concept of time was different, where you could see time speeded up, You would see all things on this earth are dying, and would leave in hast.  Would you send a warning to all other space travelers, ”The blue water planet is a place of death.”

Science claims to be extending the human life span. Is this true? Today we find people past the age of 100. Is it because of science? Those past 100 were from a time 100 years ago, not today. Written records tell of a time when there was a global flood. 277 tribes who were not connected have a legend of a global flood. All claim 8 people survived on a chest like box, or boat. Other records make claim before the great flood, men lived to an age of over 900 years…after the flood it dropped to 400, and today it is 70 to 80. Truly, this is a dying planet. Something is terribly wrong.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:19 am

4/2

Domenic..
                                        It's  weird but I have never heard anyone say do pets know when
they are going to die, I say yes, I ahve experienced this so many times, I guess becuse the bond
is so close you can see it in their eyes, a look that says please let me go... remember one person
I knew in NY my neighbor next door she was 79 and she was in the hospital with Lukemia and when I was standing holding her hand she looked me in the eys and said: " Please let me go," she was
asking for my permission to go and not to be sad...I can't talk anymore this is upsetting me...

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:04 am

I think animals know, Joe. Many times they will run away. Sad subject.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:14 am

Death hangs over all people. We talk about sickness, wars, and all the things that harm people...when it comes to death, we run, and hide. I believe people should put death on the table, shine a light on it, and destroy the fear attached to it...there has to be something more to life than death. Death is not a part of creation...something is destroying all living things on this planet...it should be talked about by all peoples.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 am

I agree. Domenic. "The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.'
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm

alice wrote:
I agree. Domenic.  "The living know that they will die,  but the dead know nothing.'

You are correct Alice.
Psalms 146: says: "His sprit goes out, he goes back to the ground. In that day his thoughts do perish."
Those dead do not dream,think, nor know anything. To them there is no passing of time. Jesus said, "from the second a person dies, to when they will be resurrect, will seem like the blink of an eye". That is good. But here is a better part. The scriptures also say, all people (except those who have died from a judgment from God) will be resurrect. The good, the bad, and the ugly. All will live under the ruler ship of Jesus, and obey Gods laws willingly, or by force. This ruler ship will last for 1,000 years.
God knows many of these people will not change. He knows who will not. Why does he give them the 1,000 years? No one in heaven, or on earth will be able to say, "He didn't give this one, or that one a chance.
Ann is asleep in death. To her there is no time. At the resurrection when she is brought back to life, she will think it was only a second of time she was in death. Her life is not over. She like many others will be back. There is no need to fear death.
Are the scriptures true? It matters not if a person believes in Gods word or not...all but those who died from a judgment from God, will be given a chance to have life.  it will depend what we do during that 1,000 years. Ann is a teacher...people will still be born, and still have to learn how to read, and write, and all the other stuff one needs as they are growing up.
God is a God of love. he is not the monster the worlds makes him to be.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:34 am

Interesting comments, Domenic.  We share many thoughts/ideas about the afterlife; however we must still realize that it is speculation at best.  I cling to the energy factor in that it never dies.  It is easy to say, and many have said “I don't fear death”.  At the same time, there is the struggle to stay alive.  It is much like saying, I have faith in this or that while at the same time having doubts.  Many claim to have felt the spirit of those who passed.  Are they still with us?  I think they are, but then that is just my take on matters.  I must deal with what feels right for me. 
I'm traveling to the US on Sunday.  I told my wife this morning that if I see the Pilot before the flight I'm going to inquire how he is feeling.  That was intended as Humor. Although we hear how safe air travel is, current events can alter that feeling and the "what ifs" come to mind.  When I think logically, I say that when my time comes it won't matter where I am or what I'm doing, it will happen and therefore I shouldn't worry about it. We cannot live in fear.  That is not living.  The worn out cliché “Living one day at a time” has merit.
Words become important.  Many hesitate to use the words:  Died, or dead and instead say, “Passed”.  Passed to me means transformation.  Going out one door and entering another.  As Dom expressed about plants.  They die and are re-born.  I believe that our energy is part of the universe – part of every living thing.  Although we feel sad at the “passing” of a friend, it is good to think that they have entered a new realm.  They now know truth whereas we can only speculate.  
Have a Happy Easter.- a celebration of death and rebirth.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:30 am

I agree Abe, Life does go on after death…either how you believe, or how I believe, but it goes on. You are an American citizen. I understand to hold your citizenship you have to come back to the U.S. A once a year…is that still a Law?  American Embassies are American territories, could you not go to one of these, and do the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:44 am

No Domenic, I don't have to come back to America every year.  I don't know of any situation where I would lose my citizenship unless I gave it up voluntarily.  One can be a resident of a foreign country and still retain their citizenship.  The problem arises when one wishes to take on the citizenship of another country.  Since Americans are not allowed to have dual citizenship, they must give up their American citizenship if they become a citizen of another country.  The exception to that is with Israel.  Americans can hold both Israeli and American citizenships.  My comments about that are not suitable on a public forum.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:00 am

Abe, I have two citizenships. Italian, and American. I had to list the Italian with Homland security. The way I read the law, if an American stays out of the country one year, they can lose their American citizenship. I was born in America. My mother was an (Italian) American, my father was an Italian citizen.  You might want to check into it.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:34 am

Our grandsons are dual citizens. They were born in England by American mother.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 2:26 pm

I lived in S. Korea for five years and didn't need to go home. I lived in the Caribbean for three years and didn't need to go home.  I lived in Germany for four years and didn't need to go home.  Every time I went home, I was welcomed.

However, renewing visas is a different matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:54 pm

Citizenship requirements vary from country to country.  It is possible that conditions have changed regarding dual citizenship.  When I was interested in a dual citizenship, what I posted was the situation at that time.  Dom, you are fortunate to have dual a citizenship.  The problem can arise where your citizenship loyalty is questioned.  Only in time of war can it be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Alice,

I've been away from everything--long story. I just logged on to Facebook and noticed your short message to me which I did not know you had sent. I'm stunned. She can't be gone--I still feel her here, the only place I knew her. After quickly reading this thread, the circumstances are a little clearer which only saddens me more as it seemed to me that Annie was on track to recovery. My heart goes out to her family and to those of you who knew her better and longer than I. She was a good soul; anyone who "knew" her, even in our virtual chat rooms, immediately knew that. The world is measurably poorer for her passing, but in keeping with her positive attitude and glass-always-half-full outlook, I'd rather think of how much richer it is for her having been in it for too brief a time. Her keen intellect and bigger heart will be missed. My deepest condolences to her family for whom I hope the memories of better days shared with her will always lift their hearts in the coming years and help to burn away the fog and pain of loss in the coming days.

I miss her and will miss her always, and in this if in nothing else I know we can all agree. May God bless her and her family. May she know the glorious reward a loving God and a just universe can bestow on the righteous, and may she also know how much she is missed, wherever she is, free of pain, bathed in glory and forever smiling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 am

Victor, a great tribute to Ann.  I especially like the last sentence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ann's Update Thread   Ann's Update Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ann's Update Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next