Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW ! Empty
PostSubject: I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !   I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW ! EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 pm

10/25/2013

It breaks my heart, to know a young girl is tormented by other
                     teenagers, yes I know it's not the first time but many a teenager
                     have killed themselves because they were so tormented, I say
                     all parents join Shea and stop the bullying now !

https://www.facebook.com/standwithshea?ref=br_rs

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !   I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW ! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 am

I always remember my social worker friend who said it was known in her industry that emotional abuse is worse than physical abuse.  A person who is physically abused will eventually get away, fight back, file charges that lead to incarceration or die from the injuries.  Then it's over. Emotional abuse creates a sense of powerlessness that grows deeper with every emotional cut so that the recipient has no mental vision of escape.  Emotional abuse accumulates in the psyche no matter how much a person wills themselves not to take it in.

The despicable state of affairs in terms of cost and availability of mental health care in this country is criminal.  It contributes to the lack of control over bullying and to many other dangerous and criminal acts.  Many people just need a confident to share with, not personality impeding medications.

I tested out a local mental health facility to see if I could convince an impoverished friend to take advantage (who doesn't need a mental health counselor now and then?)  Well, the whole process was absolutely demeaning like a cattle call and the counselor appeared to need some herself.  If that's what's available to those with no insurance, it's no wonder so much mental anguish goes untreated.  My friend continues to need help, hoping for ACA to provide some financial help.  What a blessing that there is something in the wind that may make real help available at an affordable cost.  However, even in ACA, a broken brain is treated differently, less well, than a broken toe.

The pity is that many mental health issues could be dealt with in a clinic setting with social workers and mental health counselors, not needing psychologists and psychiatrists at their exorbitant rates.  Yet, insurance is very difficult to get coverage without a psyche diagnosis.  Who wants to be labeled for life by the DSM?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !   I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW ! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am

Was talking to someone just recently about how the military still tends to ignore the effects of PTSD on so many returning veterans. It ruins lives, but the sufferers have few places to go for help, and attitudes that make them feel like they're being weak for feeling the way they do.

That's still true about mental health in general, I think. "It's all in your head, so buck up and act right instead of acting so foolish."

It's part of the denial of feelings that is a big part of the patriarchal mindset: Feelings are effeminate in men, and are the reason women are inferior to men.

And it's what makes bullying OK. If the sissies can't handle it, they deserve being humiliated.

Thank goodness things are becoming apparent. It's the precursor to massive change. The concept of Sacred Marriage is not just about equality in the culture as a whole, it's a necessary step within individuals as well. Jung pointed out that we each have a contra-sexual side to our personalities. Accepting and integrating those opposites inside our heads is an inner version of that sacred joining. It puts us back in balance, and achieving that inner balance - finding our centers, is the only way to resolve the issues and end the need for war.

Just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !   I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW ! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'M WITH SHEA ! STOP BULLYING NOW !
Page 1 of 1