Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Facebook advertising

Go down 
+2
joefrank
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Facebook advertising Empty
PostSubject: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Has anyone advertised their book on Facebook?  I understand that it is a 'by click' kind of thing.  I can imagine that you might get many clicks and no sales.  Anyone?
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

9/3/2013

I've never have tried it, don't trust it..

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
twm
One Star Member
One Star Member
twm

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:17 pm

I can't believe that would be effective. People hate the Facebook ads, especially now that they are in the user's news feed.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I click on an occasional ad that interests me. Of greater concern, were I an advertiser, is that it's so easy to accidentally click on ads when on a tablet. I hit ads all the time on my iPad, and it's the 2nd biggest thing I hate about it. The 1st biggest being that it doesn't have Flash, so I can never watch the vids people post on Facebook.

No Flash, but lots of ads. Such an overrated piece of hardware.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't pay attention to ads on Facebook or any other website. I do post on my own page concerning availability of my book, what it is about and usually a shot of the cover. Hasn't helped with sales thus far.
Back to top Go down
twm
One Star Member
One Star Member
twm

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 am

I would think there are more effective ways of advertising, especially if you are self published. I see a lot of self published authors writing blogs, tweeting, going on blog tours, etc. I'm not sure those work, either, but they generally don't cost money like a Facebook ad would.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:00 pm

If you can develop a blog that draws readers - I think that is the best ad. 

I get ads on my smartphone - and it's a small HTC (original) that my fingers accidentally hit the ads.  Some of them add things to my cell phone for which I am billed. It makes me furious.  The worst?  ATT said I can pay ATT to keep the ads off my cell phone - a monthly fee.  I already pay them $140/mo for two cell phones and it always goes over with some sort of fees. It's not a small monthly fee either.  So, let' see, they get paid for the ads and paid to not put them on my phone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook advertising   Facebook advertising Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook advertising
Page 1 of 1