Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure Empty
PostSubject: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:41 pm

7/4/2013

We need a stronger congress, this new Immigration Bill will be
                  a failure ! We need a stronger border, terrorists have been
                  trying to get across, matter of fact I read an article a few months
                  ago that the Alcada is training it's recruits to change their last names
                  to Spanish, learn Spanish so they mix in with the illegals crossing over
                  to the USA , Nepolitano is a lier and a fraud , the border is not secure !
                  All the soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan should be used
                  to protect the border....That's my opinion , the new imiigration bill needs
                  to be re-done and I don't mean 1000 pages , Congress is very cute when
                  they do that, it's so Americans won't bother reading it ! All we need is a
                  eight page bill......Congress doesn't even read their own bills.....As far
                  as I'm concerned Mexico has no business telling us what to do !

Cheers..Joe...    Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
HaroldLee
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
HaroldLee

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Net immigration from Mexico last year was near zero. Just FYI.
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/23/net-migration-from-mexico-falls-to-zero-and-perhaps-less/
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 am

It's been my experience that those who complain the most about a piece of legislation have not read it. 

The problem we have is that for some dumb reason this country is full of unemployed college graduates yet the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) jobs are going begging.  Who's collecting money for training the wrong skills that these folks can't get hired?  What taxes are going to pay for people who can't get jobs?

I think it is an abomination that industry is screeming for more visas for the high skill jobs...while our own citizens can't get employed.

You see, the immigration song has changed when it touches high skills.  I said a long time ago that when U.S. companies quit hiring illegal immigrants they will stop coming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 am

Astute observations, DK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:02 am

The info from the biased, amnesty-advocate Pew Hispanic Center has been discredited in other places. With multiple book deadlines, I don't have time to get into it -suffice to say that their figures are as fudged as Obama's. Obama counts TURN BACKS AT THE BORDER as deportations, which Bush never did, then touts his bigger deportation numbers.

Quote :
The problem we have is that for some dumb reason this country is full of unemployed college graduates yet the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) jobs are going begging.  Who's collecting money for training the wrong skills that these folks can't get hired?  What taxes are going to pay for people who can't get jobs?

They aren't going begging. There are lots of unemployed STEM people here. Companies don't want them because they can fly in Indians and Chinese to work for 1/4th the wage and whom they know can't leave due to their visas being sponsored by the company. My older daughter worked at GE, where she noted their whole engineering and programming areas were staffed with third worlders. This is a large metro area with lots of colleges and engineering/programming graduates to choose from.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 am

Not to say that there aren't a lot of bogus degrees being churned out, and we discussed that in another thread. So many things going in in higher ed now that really have nothing to do with higher ed, more with indoctrination and keeping those indoctrination-type jobs funded.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 am

Quote :
It's been my experience that those who complain the most about a piece of legislation have not read it.

The biggest advocates of certain pieces of legislation haven't read it, either.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:05 am

7/6/2013

This guy tells the truth about jobs, alcada etc.
                      but then again AMericans have a bad habit
                      sticking their heads in the ground , not
                      wanting to see what's coming their way just
                      like Washington...

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy 

http://www.theycometoamerica.com/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:09 pm

HaroldLee wrote:
Net immigration from Mexico last year was near zero. Just FYI.
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/23/net-migration-from-mexico-falls-to-zero-and-perhaps-less/

Good point!  Thank you for pointing this out.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:15 pm

We are all immigrants.  Immigrants work hard.  I know of a US citizen who can't even hold a job at Olive Garden as a side order cook because he is so overweight  he can't stand up without feeling like passing out.  At least most immigrants can and will work.

It would be nice be nice if we could settle the immigration situation.
Boehner does not want to do so.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 pm

My son-in-law is here on a work permit from the UK and I know of no harder working person in the world.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:09 pm

7/6/2013

The important point is the Alcada is training their people to change their
                  names to Spanish and learn to speak Spanish, so they can get over our border
                  and create hell, and Congress doesn't give a dam , all they worry about is will
                  they get the4 hispanic vote, hello, they can't vote their not citizens. So they better
                  get their act together before somethning happens.....

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:15 pm

LC, you and I see things similarly for once!  Of course the companies are saying there are no skilled workers here so they can get cheaper help.  However, I know that even here, the "help" is selling itself cheaper to just get a job - providing themselves as FREE interns as an example in positions that once were paid interns.

Once we accept the fact that global corporations are in control of the U.S. everything else makes sense.  I don't see a solution either.

Net immigration is a separate issue from deportations.  Mexicans are not entering the country.  There are no jobs.  Their own economy offers more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure       Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Illegal Immigration- Border Security-Bill a failure
Page 1 of 1