Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try

Go down 
+5
LC
alice
joefrank
alj
Betty Fasig
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Quote :
It is the proporions that I have trouble with,,,well all of it.

Get a tabletop projector like an Artograph. It will save you dozens of hours and frustration. I used one when doing my second text. Or a light table, so you can trace. Your goal is to do good illustrations, not become an artist. So just copy the proportions of existing drawings.

lol, I found this: http://www.pronto.com/compare/e-z-art-projector-11515722190

Maybe Old Agnes is on one of those slides. Smile
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Sounds like LC's suggestion is a good one. Try it.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 am

LC, What a wonderful idea. You know, it should have occurred to me. When I painted the Bambi box, I traced the animals onto the wood then painted them out of my own head.

Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 Bambiboxdone_zps702ed16b

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I shall begin. Thats the hardest part.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, there ya go! That picture looks great! Beautiful floor and woodwork, btw.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:18 am

Betty,

Take a photograph of just the painting and use it for the front cover of a new book. Write a story about the animals in the painting -- not a short story, a story of at least 11,000 words. The animals could live inside the box and come out at night. Maybe the box could get locked before they have a chance to return and they have to find a way back inside before they are caught.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 am

3/2/2013
Shelagh..
That's a beautiful story for Betty to write, the
box is beautifully done...Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

I had worked myself into an artisic stew about the illunstrations for the Tales of Wooffer's Woods, had finally decided that I would have to try to paint about 50 small illustrations following LC' wonderful advice. I consider that would take me and my anal self about five years.

Today, out here in Duette, where hardly anyone knows who or what your name is, I went to play the Lottery. Disembarking the store, in my worst garb ever (sweat pants with a saggy t shirt covered with a flannel long sleeve and my nursery shoes that are almost black from wading around in the mud, my hair coated with the white pearlite dust from smashing up the media in the hydrostacks for new planting, I left the store and was greeted by a nice lady named Rebekeh. She used to live in Lester's Field at the time of the writing of the stories and now works at the school, Duette Elementary. In fact she was a Lester.

She greeted me as if I was a famous author...We talked a while and I mentioned my problem about illustrations. She has an artisic daughter who is 14. She will mention it to her.

Things are looking up.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Synchronicities always happen when you are on the right path. Just follow your bliss.

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Accidents don't happen. I think you meeting was destined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try   Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuff I wonder if I am brave enough to try
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2