Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?

Go down 
+7
Victor D. Lopez
Don Stephens
dkchristi
LC
alj
Abe F. March
alice
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 am

So far 2013 is not in my good books. I have mums funeral on Friday and hope after that things will take a turn for the better.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 am

Thinking of you David on your very sad day. You can hold on to good memories and things will get better.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:40 am

David,
I am so sorry. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 am

Sorry to hear about your mum, David.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 am

Took my wife for her follow-up exam from the Breast Cancer operation. She is clean - no trace. Her next exam is one year from now. Sure made our day.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 am

That is wonderful news-- so happy for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am

Great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

I spoke on the phone with my brother and he sounded good.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 am

"...well I went back to england twice last year and each time was a black tie truce between relatives who don't make it too hard to read the truth between their smiles now..." mentioned the goblin who thought upon his brother whose leukemia spelled a third visit at some point, one of the six children he was then, the worse one perhaps, where the goblin just confided "...so then, what's the point in being anonymous on forumland if one can't be dead honest with oneself while here now, well there's no love lost then, he failed to brake up the re-marriage yet he sent my mother neurotic in his revenge leaving me to pick up the pieces, so today finally all that alcohol and drug taking have caught up with him, perhaps one of your writer's plots then, and me with my feeling of an unvoiced knowledge behind my deceiving smile of friendliness towards his grown up children who need not know what my generation remembers too clearly, in other words, he takes his past away with him now, as I no doubt will take mine with me in my turn, though how does one ever judge real guilt here where all are guilty in their own ways, and where the past is past for all one's sparing with the ghosts of it..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDDY5nVA3A

Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 Godoy_divulgacao_alta_3_300_resize_zps75dd3bd4

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 am

Interesting post, but lacking in clarity. Are your books this difficult?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am

"...nah, one has to read between the lines a bit there alice..." replied the goblin about his brother's leukemia then, while admitting too, that he would never publish a book if only 3% of americas were reading books today, so no, the goblin's goal was to master on-line readership within posts instead, of which forumland seemed ideal then, saying "...no, don't get me wrong, I'm on your side and I'll still read books, just I'm a realist in my way, why, because chatting with writers on their forums, I'm now well aware that those readers are not going to come to me for all my links and ads enticing them to do so, no I must find out what they want to read, against what I'm willing to write, to see if an accommodation can be struck, or suffer a marginalization of my own making if I don't...", in fact, the goblin felt that he had mentioned his reasoning years back but felt it would hurt to restate things again, saying "...well, even this post, let alone a whole book, is too long for most of them today, moreover, they loath anything where it smacks of writing ever so correctly down to them, so my way around these hurdles is to cut my writings ever into post-size posts, and to use a writing style that both hides my age and feels intimate, and I use a persona because I suspect that most people kind of remember conversing with a goblin now, where obviously to post is to publish because you have read this post now, and let's remember that you americans had a revolution because you wouldn't accept the king's stamp tax upon you, well then I don't think I need someone's stamp of approval to publish in posts placed upon me either..."

Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 Difficulty_concentrating_zpsf07ae782
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 am

Thank you for your clarification.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 am

("...you're definitely one of my heros alice, you're a prolific poster and a credit to any forum you are on..." replied the goblin, adding "...yet you know me by now, I come in stroll around awhile and then rush off I go back to wondering across forumland again, many battles out there still but here is not one, you're the real writers here, I don't have any problems with real writers because they know that I'm something else again, just like a poet or a painter is something else again, I lift my hat to you now, for we've come a long way I believe...")
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Dear Goblin,

I love your posts. They are like dreams put into words.

Only last night, my David announced that he would not like to hear any more of my dreams. What can I do but shut up about dreams. But, for me, dreams are tendrils of thought that cannot ever be followed to the end because one wakes up and the level of thought is lost. There is no conclusion to any dream story no matter how profound, a mix of past childhood and worries of today rush in upon conciousness.

Keep on posting, Goblin. I find your mind beautiful.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

("...betty I can introduce you to a nice astro forum all about dreams then..." replied the goblin, adding "...I've not quite started posting there yet but they seem legit and friendly too, they would love to hear about your dreams now...", in fact, the goblin didn't link forums normally but this was off the beaten track so he doubted anyone would mind)

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_members_introductions/and_with_that_the_goblin_appeared-t39504.0.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?   Anyone Having a Good Year So Far? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Having a Good Year So Far?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2