Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

So what's your summer project?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

So what's your summer project? Empty
PostSubject: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:38 am

I'm currently working on a nonfic proposal (a different one than what I did a few weeks ago). I'm not sure if I'll send it to agents or publishers yet. When I do send it, I'll work on a fiction project until I hear back (or don't hear back, which amounts to the same thing).

Some home improvement projects are in the works. We need a new roof (it was damaged in a hail storm awhile back) and some misc repairs indoors, which we'll start hiring for. Those will be disruptive and take awhile (I want my bedroom/office space repainted, which will involve removing wallpaper, too).

I need to read some novels and may take a class in something fun. I need to have structure in my day or I end up spending too much time unproductively. At the end of the day I like to feel that I accomplished something.

What are your plans?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:52 am

We will go to Michigan to take care of grandkids again,. We will be there for 19 days then bring them to our house for five weks.

We are inch be inch getting our granite countertops done. Dave has replaced mouldings throughout our house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:57 am

Sounds nice, Alice! What are their parents doing that you'll be watching them, are they taking a trip by themselves? Do you do that every year?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:23 am

They work and the kids are out of school. They will go to Cancun for a bit.
We took care of them all of last summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:38 am

No vacation plans. Just trying to enjoy what we have where we are.
Prices are deterrent. Just heard on the news how the large oil companies are causing the price of fuel to rise. They have done some investigating and found that when one company raises its price, within an hour the others follow. That has nothing to do with competition.
In addition to fuel prices, they showed the cost of a cup of Cappucino in various European countries. Tourists are tending to travel where they get the best rates. Drinks are especially a big item and coffee tops the list. The variance in prices are from 80 cents to 5.45 Euros for a cup of Cappucino. Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

Here is a web address concerning oil company gouging.
http://www.thelocal.de/
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:45 am

Survive the heat. Yesterday it hit 101, and it isn't even June yet. Went out to my patio a while ago, to get some oregano for tonight's dinner, and it had already dried out from yesterday' watering.

Finding a place to swim might be nice.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:46 am

A data speed record.
http://www.thelocal.de/sci-tech/20110524-35209.html
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:18 pm

I might have my summer project lined up. I emailed an agent a few hours ago about a nonfic proposal and he just emailed me back. He's interested. Egads. I wasn't sure I even really wanted to do it. lol

Anyone know anything about signing with agents?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Quote :
Prices are deterrent. Just heard on the news how the large oil companies are causing the price of fuel to rise. They have done some investigating and found that when one company raises its price, within an hour the others follow. That has nothing to do with competition.

Maybe the things that cause one to raise them cause all to raise them?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:58 pm

LC, you said, "Maybe the things that cause one to raise them cause all to raise them"
If that were true, then why don't they all drop prices when one drops them?

Windfall profits don't happen when prices drop.

Consumer demand was once used as an excuse to raise prices. When consumers use less, the prices still climb. Could that have something to do with corporate profit objectives?

Non-fossil fuel energy sources will bring prices down, and when that happens, I suspect that people will quickly forget the importance of alternative energy and use the cheaper fossil fuels. The powerful remain in control with consumer support. I don't expect that will change in the immediate future.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:17 am

5/27/2011

Do gardening....My photography....( Go to different places
here in New Mexico to see what I can capture on film.) I
have ideas for different books, haven't decided which one
as of yet...Maybe get back into painting ...Take side trips.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's your summer project?   So what's your summer project? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's your summer project?
Page 1 of 1