Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The difference between men and women

Go down 
+10
zadaconnaway
Pam
thehairymob
P. Gordon Kennedy
Sue
Phil Whitley
Shelagh
JoElle
Jim Woods
Dick Stodghill
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

The difference between men and women - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am

Abe she still has to wash your pants? I'd have thought that with all those tools you might have found something that would have taken care of that for her!
The difference between men and women - Page 2 293992

Last edited by Pam on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 am

I'm with Pam on the pants!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 8:55 am

Me too, about the pants. I have done laundry for years and do not mind. I went away for eleven days in February. After a training session before I left, my husband proudly told me on my return he had washed clothes while I was gone.

We have been married 40 + years and it would have been far fewer if my husband had insisted he was head of the household. He was away half the time and if he'd been the head of the household, the whole place would have fallen apart, which it didn't, very often.

He plays harmonica and was an airline captain. One time the band he played with introduced me as Mrs. Captain Tom. He flinched and said, "She won't like that."

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Uh-oh! They're ganging up on the men. I guess it was inevitable.
The difference between men and women - Page 2 842802
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Carol, years ago I insisted I was head of the household. Jackie is still laughing.

The really annoying thing is that with the way women dress today a man can't even say he wears the pants in the family.
pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Ah, Men! We just gotta love you all. Warts and all.

Wink

I have always thought men were wonderful as long as they didn't get too pushy, and were willing to clean up after themselves. In fact, men are some of my favorite people!

The difference between men and women - Page 2 973110
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Gee, I guess I should consider myself blessed! My hubby washes his own clothes and asks me if I have anything that needs washing. Of course I say no because he doesn't do mine to suit me.

How this came about was he needed something washed and I wouldn't wash it at midnight. So he did. Since then when he feels he needs something washed he does it. When I do wash I ask him and do his if there is anything. Works out great!

BTW He does alllllllllll the ironing! I don't do it to suit him. He is more of a perfectionist than I am. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Sue,
truth be told, I do my own ironing and sewing. I got started when I was in the military and never stopped. Lots of things I do for myself that my wife would gladly do, but if I'm capable, why should my wife have to do it for me? I must admit that every now and then I like to think I'm still boss and wear the pants, but then as Dick pointed out, so does she.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Jackie's a smart woman!!

Carol Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Yes, Abe, that is where John learned to do all that. He was also single for 10 years between marriages so that helped him be a little more self-sufficient. He even can make a lemon meringue pie and I don't even know where to start!

Reading this thread and looking back on his life, I have come to realize where he gets some of his expectations of our life together. Thank you to all who have posted here so far. It truly opened my eyes and is going to make life a little bit easier! I owe Dick a hug Thank you and Hug for starting this thread!!!!!!
Very Happy The difference between men and women - Page 2 572534 The difference between men and women - Page 2 78793 The difference between men and women - Page 2 401565 The difference between men and women - Page 2 846271 The difference between men and women - Page 2 143616 The difference between men and women - Page 2 354181 The difference between men and women - Page 2 704672
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Enough already, Sue. Now he makes lemon meringue pie, my favorite, on top of washing and ironing his own clothes. Tell John he is setting a bad example for the rest of us men. Just think what our lives will be like if our wives hear about this. Except Abe's wife because he also does things like that, although I'm not sure if he makes lemon pie.
In self defense let me say that on occasion (sometimes rare occasions) I empty the kitchen wastebasket and take it down the hall to the trash chute.
The difference between men and women - Page 2 855547 The difference between men and women - Page 2 921805
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, Zada, I agree with you whole-heartedly. That is the one problem with John though. He doesn't pick up after himself and he is a pack-rat. *grin* Though I am beginning to realize what a catch I have here! Maybe I will spend another 27 years with him. *grin*

Dick, there are only two chores I expect of him in the house and taking out the trash is one of them. John fights me on taking out the trash. I cook, clean up, and put the dishes away. Did I mention he washes all the dishes and pots and pans too?

BTW We met on my birthday and got married on a Friday the 13th.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:44 pm

My husband does laundry and irons too. And he can cook.

Me? I mow the grass and take out the trash. I can also change out a radiator, can fix a starter, change a fan belt, and change a flat tire. And I clean the garage.

Okay. I also do laundry, cook, etc.

My hubby also mows and changes the oil and brakes.

But the taking out the trash for some reason is strictly my job.

We both drive the truck.
Back to top Go down
pol mcshane
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
pol mcshane

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:47 am

I know the title of this thread is the difference between men and women, but it happens with Steve and myself, too. He's the shopper, and I'm the one lagging behind like a kid dragged around by his mother. Clothes shopping is the worst! He has to look at everything, whether he wanted it or not.
He's always shocked when I have to go to a store and pick something up, say a pack of nails at The Home Depot. I get back five minutes later and he asks "How's you get back so fast?" I explain: "I went in for nails, I got the nails, I left." TADA!
I yi-yi!
tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.themagicelevator.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 am

When I started this thread I never dreamed the responses would make me feel so insignificant. I'm a parasite, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:07 am

Dick,

Don't feel bad. No one bakes lemon pies at this house.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:12 am

Dick,

No worries, I'm with Carol on this one. We not only don't make lemon pies in this house, we don't even like them.

As for apple, cherry, mincemeat, blueberry: now those are real pies. And my wife bakes them even though I do 90% of the cooking and grocery shopping.

Malcolm

FYI: See my latest post on Writer's Notebook called "Your knowledge might help a reporter" at http://jockstewart.typepad.com/writers_notebook/2008/07/your-knowledge.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:30 am

Dick, it just goes to show that in every partnership, one does what they do best and cooperates with the other. If I were a better carpenter, I would do the building; if he were the better cook, I would let him handle meal prep. As it is, he does do some cooking, and I help with the building. After all, isn't that what a partnership is all about?
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:14 pm

hahaha I said he could make lemon meringue pies. I didn't say he did. Wink

I totally agree with Zada!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The difference between men and women   The difference between men and women - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The difference between men and women
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2