Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

If Gilda Radner were alive today...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

If Gilda Radner were alive today... Empty
PostSubject: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:03 pm

...she would make a perfect member for our forum.

(sorry about the ad thing. I couldn't find any of these on youtube)

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Perhaps Alice would be the only one who could keep up with her. The original "not ready for prime time players." What a group! Incredible talent. Another member who passed way too early was John Belushi.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 pm

I read her book, "It's Always Something" a long time ago. It was a great read. She gave her insider's view of what it was like to be on SNL, taking you from her "undiscovered" self to her success on prime time. Then she took you through her courtship and marriage to Gene Wilder and later, her battle with cancer.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:38 am

Charlie Moore wrote:
Perhaps Alice would be the only one who could keep up with her. The original "not ready for prime time players." What a group! Incredible talent. Another member who passed way too early was John Belushi.

Charlie

?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:59 am

I think he is referring to the talented comedienne and not to the characters she created, including Miss Emily (although I cannot help but see a few facets of some of us here in both characters in the skit.)

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Gilda was spunky and opinionated. That is what I was referring to. Sorry if the correlation didn't fit.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 am

Charlie,

No problem-- It's a compliment! If you would like a book, send me your address, one will come to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Dear Ann,
Your link for SNL has given me a lot of pleasure to watch. I liked that it was kind of a roulette effect and every little few seconds another clip played. Yes, you made my morning.

And then, my afternoon break.

And my before dinner break, too.

Thanks!

Love,
Betty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Gilda Radner were alive today...   If Gilda Radner were alive today... Empty

Back to top Go down

If Gilda Radner were alive today...
Page 1 of 1