Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
dkchristi
alice
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?   YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:35 am

Abe F. March wrote:
When I mentioned in some post how much wine I consumed, it was inferred in one post that I might have a problem.

I don't have a problem. I think wine is healthy. I think coke is unhealthy.
If there were to be any harm, it would be to myself and not to others.

I think eating too little or too much can be harmful. When there is no harm to others, what is the problem?

You are right. Wine, especially red wine, is loaded with anti-oxidants. It is healthy. In moderation, of course.

Coke (aka pop, soda, soft drink, etc) is very unhealthy. I quit drinking it years ago.

Back to the drinking and driving thingie ...

I just think putting something on a person's license will serve as a reminder to that individual that driving is a privilege that carries a VERY BIG responsibility. A car quickly becomes a weapon when the driver is impaired. So, it also serves as a warning to those who sell alcohol (pubs, bars, restaurants, stores, etc) that the person is not responsible enough to make the purchase.

If drivers are aware of how easily they can lose the ability to purchase alcohol and know that anyone who sees their license will be alerted should they abuse their driving privileges by getting into the drivers seat while impaired ... maybe drinkers will plan ahead and make safer plans to get home after a night out.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?   YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:23 am

JoElle,
what you say, makes good sense. In the end, it is the responsibility of the person doing the drinking, not the person who sold the drink.
The same is true of carrying a weapon. The person doing the shooting is responsible, not the person who sold the gun.

Taking it a step farther, a parent is not responsible for giving birth to a child who commits a crime, although they are responsible for teaching a child how to conduct themselves. In that respect, gun ownership should have instructions on the use and care of the weapon. How to drive a car and obey the rules of the road is already accomplished with a drivers license. It is how to conduct oneself that is the problem, in all cases.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?   YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 am

Abe F. March wrote:
JoElle,
what you say, makes good sense. In the end, it is the responsibility of the person doing the drinking, not the person who sold the drink.
The same is true of carrying a weapon. The person doing the shooting is responsible, not the person who sold the gun.

Taking it a step farther, a parent is not responsible for giving birth to a child who commits a crime, although they are responsible for teaching a child how to conduct themselves. In that respect, gun ownership should have instructions on the use and care of the weapon. How to drive a car and obey the rules of the road is already accomplished with a drivers license. It is how to conduct oneself that is the problem, in all cases.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?   YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

They should be made to clear up the carnage of road accidents caused by drunk drivers for a couple of years. I have no pity for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?   YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YOUR OPINION - HOW SHOULD DRUNK DRIVERS BE DEALT WITH ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2