Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
alice
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION Empty
PostSubject: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:49 pm

1/5/2011

From all what I've read today looks like Obama's career is over,
one term president. His energy policy has brought this country
into a deep recession, no more oil drilling, is he crazy ? We're
still dependent on foreign oil, now gasoline today here was $3.12
a gallon if this keeps up and gasoline goes to $5.00 a gallon we're
screwed, people won't be able to go any where, they'll stop
shopping, etc. Sorry the democratic party isn't the same as it use
to be, their destroying the country by wasting money on bail outs,
in the great depression their were no bail outs, if banks failed, we'll
they went under, we still survived, now we're in a 14 trillion dollar
debt and they still haven't created jobs, matter of fact Govt., doesn't
create jobs business creates jobs. So America wake up before it's too
late.....

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 am

Joe,

Who can fix this mess? I don't have a clue.

People have no patience and there are too many people with too few jobs. Business creates jobs , but only if people spend money.

People without jobs are reluctant to spend. It is a vicious circle.

As far as President Obama is concerned, he will be
fortunate if he loses. he has money and a beautiful family--he can find something less stressful to do.

I don't blame him for the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 am

From what I've learned, Obama didn't put us into the recession. His efforts to get us out of it have not been as successful as desired. Since he is the sitting President, he is blamed for the current state of affairs, however placing blame does not solve the problem. Political opposition to correcting the problem appears to be his biggest problem.
I am inclined to believe that he will be a one term President. That is sad. Why? Because he is a President that has tried to do what is good for the citizens of the country - the common man. Not catering to the rich and powerful is much like a death warrant to political ambitions.

Has anyone provided a plan or formula to get us out of recession and the debt?
Where are the economic experts?

I like to think that if a realistic and viable plan was presented to solve the problem, that it would be acted on, regardless of party politics.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 am

All I have seen so far is a Republican party determined to undo the progress made on the platform on which the President was elected. Memories are short. When his campaign began, the country was already in a downspin; by the time he took office it was mired in war, bank failures, housing bust, no employment, national debt and a hated world player.

In two years, (count that - two years) phenomenal progress was made in holding things from getting worse and actually improving conditions for the most desperate U.S. Citizens in spite of bull dogs biting at his heels and the old political order too entrenched to overcome.

If the momentum of the country could have been carried forward as it voted President Obama into office with its mandates that he followed, things would have improved with better press for the accomplishments. Who among us has not faced insurmountable challenges where all circumstances worked against us as we attempted to find solutions? I believe he is a statesman and a true advocate for the citizens of the U.S.

I will believe that we as a country are not so stupid as to change the President to match the new Republican controlled Congress and throw out the progress that has been made. That will equal eight years of government with nothing to show but the chaos of starting positive improvements and stopping them. What a dismal thought. I am going to continue believing this culture of hate and impeding progress developed by the Republican party and its radical and fanatic off shoots will be squashed somehow by U.S. Citizens with enough capacity to think based on facts instead of emotional sound bites that support the careers of political commentators, hate mongers and professional politicians.

That does not change my view that there are competent and caring people in both parties that have the U.S. at heart; it is just difficult to operate in the current political climate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 am

There is one area I do not agree with President Obama on--the Afghan war!

I wish he had not continued it. We cannot afford it.

He did say he would do it during the campaign.

If we are going to be at war, the entire country should go to war. Everyone able-bodied should go and the rest should pay for it.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 am

Joe,

How about the car bail out? It worked. Jobs were saved and the money paid back. What is wrong with that?

That was very good.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:37 am

1/5/2011

I read yesterday the three, Ford, GM and Chrysler came out
on top beating Toyota, Toyota sales are down 6% and they
face even more lawsuits. I have a friend who's husband use
to work for Ford, four years ago he went to Toyota, I feel
sorry for him because his wife was laid off a year ago and
they have a house to pay for....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah, your right Abe. It isn't Obama that got the U.S into this mess. His leadership has not been great though. However, I do think that the u.s is still a great country, and should come out of this recession. The question is, when will this happen. For people that have seen recessions before should have known this was coming. You can't expect house prices and easy money lending to go on forever. I think living expenses and housing will be even more expensive after this recession.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 pm

1/5/2011

I believe if nothing changes soon, we're headed for a
1929 depression. Wait till the un-employment figures
come out , retail usually dumps all the extra employees
by the beginning of January, I predict 10:00 % to 10.5%
un-employment. Here in Santa Fe stores are closing like
the plague, galleries have closed by the dozens. I have
a friend of mine who's been out of work for a year, her
gallery closed....The wars have cost us trillions of dollars
and congress is spending trillions of dollars on bailouts like
a bunch of drunken sailors.....Time for them to go !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 pm

I agree that we should not have been engaged in wars without the entire country engaged, politically and financially. We watch war on television like it's a movie. It's not. The draft as drafty as it was at least had a universal approach. A volunteer army has turned war into a way for the impoverished to get a college education and support their small families when there are no other jobs. In the meantime, the national debt went through the roof to finance it.

Unfortunately the Republicans have had the time to whip up a national frenzy while the Democrats were busy with legislation designed to stabilize the falling economy and dismal job picture. Democrats did a lousy job of celebrating their successes.

Instead of keeping the momentum going, the Republicans plan to spend their expensive time tearing down what has been built. It's a lot easier to destroy than to build.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 am

OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION 950944 D.K.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 am

I don't like anything they are doing or trying to do.

OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION 798629 OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION 798629 OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION 798629
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am

Outstanding response, DK, as usual.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 am

We are not in a recession. We're at the low point of an economic slide that included a recession. A recession is when the gross domestic product has declined in two consecutive quarters. The end of a recession does not necessarily include growth and prosperity. It marks the end (or the momentary interruption) of the decline. Growth and recovery are the next objectives.

We're climbing out now. It will take time, and all the parameters have changed, including the definition of prosperity.

The biggest lesson we learned, or should have, was that a free market economy without regulation does not work because of profit motivations and the greed factor. I hope we don't forget that lesson after things have improved.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Another sound response.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 pm

I agree Ann. Some European countries have learned that lesson well. They followed America's lead in giving too much freedom to financial institutions and now are placing controls on them as they once had. Lessons learned. I'm just wondering if America has learned any lessons.

It takes time to recover, and a sound recovery takes time. A quick fix usually falls apart. Patience is required along with sound financial policies.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Al Stevens wrote:
We are not in a recession. We're at the low point of an economic slide that included a recession. A recession is when the gross domestic product has declined in two consecutive quarters. The end of a recession does not necessarily include growth and prosperity. It marks the end (or the momentary interruption) of the decline. Growth and recovery are the next objectives.

We're climbing out now. It will take time, and all the parameters have changed, including the definition of prosperity.

The biggest lesson we learned, or should have, was that a free market economy without regulation does not work because of profit motivations and the greed factor. I hope we don't forget that lesson after things have improved.

Al,

Very well said!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

1/6/2011

Time will tell, it'll be many years before this country
comes out of it's depression, politicians on " Both,"
sides of the isle talk with forked tongue ! It's about
time the American people wake up and get rid of the
riff raff in Washington, maybe even start another party
called " The Free Republic."

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 am

Who would be your choice of past Presidents to become President again?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 am

That's easy: Bill Clinton.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:02 am

Ann, that would be my choice also.
Too bad he can't run again.
I'm wondering what it would take to get him on the ticket for re-election? An act of Congress? Would the will of the people mean anything?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 am

Remember, the times in which a president serves as well as the force of his personality and his leadership skills all come together. Times and national attitudes and perspective have changed. I can't think of anyone that could do what needs to be done in the present divisive climate.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 am

1/7/2011

Give them hell Harry ..Harry S. Truman

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 am

Will the u.s still be the largest economy in the future? I think that they could still be, if they get out of the recession. But if not, they could lose the top spot and the dollar may not be the world's reserve currency. Am not sure if presidents can do that much. They could be just a puppet. I somehow do think that the u.s will still be a great nation in the future though. The world love the movies, products, music and a lot of the culture from the u.s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION   OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION Empty

Back to top Go down

OBAMA ONE TREM PRES.- POLICIES HAVE US IN DEEP RECESSION
Page 1 of 1