Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .

Go down 
+2
Shelagh
jlueck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jlueck

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-10-05

Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . Empty
PostSubject: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:01 am

Twisted Evil www.TheWritingImpulse.webs.com Twisted Evil

Through the Link out there, in case of any curious noses.
I just joined, so I'm not a 100 Percent with what the hell I am doing, but I suppose this would be the way to go.
My Main Q's Are This . . .

A. Do you think Society believes Satanists are in the same Category as Serial Killers? (I ask because I'm a firm FIRM Satanist, and Horror Writer)
AND
2. How Many of YOU out there think or assume that Modern Satanists believes in a Christian Version Satan?
Just Curious
Just Joined
Twisted Evil Jane Twisted Evil

Last edited by jlueck on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheWritingImpulse.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:43 am

Hi Jane,

You have posted the same question on three new threads on three different boards on the forum. You may receive responses to your question but you may find that your question goes unanswered. All the members here give their time freely to help and support one another. We are quite accustomed to new members joining, asking questions, receiving the information they sought and then disappearing into cybersapce. They say thank you and leave. They contribute little.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:10 am

Well to be perfectly honest with you, I've never even signed into a forum before. . . So if you want to stick me in a category because I posted more than once, that is fine, I'm not exactly sure if it was positive or not but that is o.k. IF one of the Rules is NOT post in more than one place, I am happy to take them down. My excitement for a site for writers got a hold of me. I'm not apologizing as much as I am explaining. My thoughts were that since it is such a large group of people that I would be able to reach more through posting in different sections (mind you only three, but in different ways as suited for the category) I thought this group was more about discussion than quick answers. Modern Satanism is something, that while living in a larger city, still seems to baffle people. I wanted someone else's opinion but if this is the first one I get, then I believe I may be in the wrong place.
Jane
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:07 am

Link fixed. As for me, I'm not "Goth" in anyway that society would depict it. This question for me first started when I had a friend (from the bible belt of the US) come over and tried to explain to me the connection between serial killers and Satanists . . . It was, to say the least, a heated conversation. He knew I wrote a book on serial killers, but when he found my religion out, he immediately connected the two. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. I just started the website so I'm posting a blog with in the next hour or so about my experience as a Satanist.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 am

Well I just wrote like a five page break down of My belief in Satanism (what it is and how it is good for you mentally) but firefox closed and it didn't save, so there goes that. oh well. Satanism is actually not a "bad" religion at all. It is a selfish one, but not a bad one. Because Modern Satanist do NOT believe in the devil or in God. They believe they are both and with good reason. When you die, essentially so will the world. Try to think of the Satanic Bible as a "Self Help Atheist Book" I could literally go on and on about my religion, but I understand most people feel the way they feel and no fact will prove them otherwise. I just want to throw it out there that the Christian Religion (being as big as it is) was targeted and called out on by Anton LeVay (founder of LeVayen Satanism) and only named it Satanism, because in the Bible it talks a lot about how Satan did what he wanted, got what he wanted, and was deviously happy, all while being independent in doing so, unlike the humans of the book who suffered the most, for listening or not listening to god. OK i'm off my rant! Sorry so long Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:29 am

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jlueck

PostSubject: jane   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:37 am

Yes, you are right. It is unfortunate that the name defers others from even questioning it's existence. But while reading that I asked myself if I would be happy if the name was changed, and my answer was No, simply because the base of which the religion stands for (Being the Most You Can Possibly Be Independently and without the help of Any One or Thing) stems from the fictional character "Satan" who did that the most, and was happy with it. In a Satanic point of view if we were to call ourselves "God" which is the only other alternative then we would be looking up to a Fictional Idol that created people because he was missing or in need of Something. Whereas Satan simply existed (all fictionally of course). Also there are only three popular types of sects in Satanism, and those three are Dramatically Different. 1.Theist Satanist (normally ages 14 -20) though I have to say I met TWO!!!!! that were old enough to realize that even believing in a fake "hell" isn't fun. 2.LaVeyan - Founder of Satanism, I started out as one, however they DO believe in rituals and black mass (which is just meditation, but still) 3. Modern Satanism - It's almost the exact difference between a Jew and a Chistian as a LaVeyan and a Modern. The first half of the Satanic Bible, talks of everything I believe in. Being true to yourself, and in that way being true to others as much as possible. Whereas the other half of the book talks of rituals and what not, though harmless, simply unnecessary. Modern's priority list goes 1.Self Acceptance 2.Love (specifically not loving all, but concentrating on those who will concentrate on you) 3.Animals (because they can Thrive without a "Supreme Being" they are considered to be more in tuned than we ever could be) Ok sorry we were just talking about the name and I went off on a rant. Ha! I wish I could be a Satanic Preacher, but that's were I was going. There are No Modern Satanic Churches. Most Satanists keep to themselves, without even so much as a bumper sticker to give you a clue. When we do meet each other, it's more of a hi and bye thing, because we Don't need each other to hold strong in Satanism. In that way, we do not have the need to advertise, or try and get followers, though there are some (like myself) who DO feel very strongly about how great of Religion it is, how it changed my life, my point of view, and my priorities. So yes, the name is almost endearing to me, and I would still dress up like a devil every year for Halloween even if the name was changed. But, also keep in mind that I have bumper stickers on my golf that says "Satanism - Be Your Own God." and symbols and such. All in all I also have four fairly large and very obvious Satanic Tattoos. So I Vote on keeping the name, and maybe not trying to make it a business thing. I would love to spread the word, but I come first, and getting past the name, to me, is a process in and of itself to kind of understanding Satanism and bi proxy yourself. Twisted Evil Jane
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:43 pm

I like your opinion on the matter. I am admiring his fictional persona, and what he stood for, not helping myself by doing so, It could be called The Backstabbing B*tch Bible, and still I would have had admired the b#tch. Not to be taken as me looking for or searching for or even needing (yuk) a guidance in an entity. I prance around because I'm proud of who I am and who I have become as human being. All people grow, sometimes for the worst and sometimes for the better. It's been uphill for me, and having someone try to challenge that is, to me, an obvious lack or void, that personally needs to be filled. I embrace every bit of who I am. Writer/Hairstylist/Satanist. I made my own life better, and continue to do so. Why would I Not give myself credit? Also this "Shock Value" thing you speak of, yes I can understand, not knowing me and thinking that way. BUT 1. I don't even drive my car, I have it for emergencies. I use Public Transport because L.A. is filled with crap in the air. B. My tattoos are obvious in placement, but not in meaning. Most of the time, people don't notice, and I don't bring it up. 3rd That would be great if there were a "shock" value to the whole thing because as we all know bad press is good press, and maybe someone out there could have a very happy outcome as I did, but the truth of the matter is most people I meet simply don't care, and by most I mean almost all. I haven't been discriminated against in conversation or really had a shocking response, even from my own mother. Now this is aside from my friend thinking I was a serial killer because I am a Satanist but we are well past that point. I don't know what your personal beliefs are so I can't say anything concrete about you, only that you seem to be like everyone else, and not shocked by it. But if we are going into the guessing game room. I would say, you probably have a religion that at some point in these posts I've done has been threatened as to how you percieved truth. Now, you all ready have admitted that you have not done your research on Satanism in general, and also don't know that before I was Atheist (yes I identify myself as an Atheist too) I was a raised Southern Baptist, and did embrace it while I was young, then questioned it's morality as I got older. If I A.Needed something/one to praise I would go back and be a Christian or B. Wanted shock value, maybe I would do something more proactive instead simply explaining my religion to people who ask, or posting it on a forum out of situational curiosity. . .
Twisted Evil Jane
Back to top Go down
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm

I have read your other recent posts, and it seems you have a very strong head on your shoulders, which is why I'm going to end our conversation about Religion. It started with a simple question, but if you want to know more please PM me. I wanted a general Q&A from multiple people, but I suppose I'll just browse around. Nice discussion though.
Twisted Evil Jane
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Quote :
I wanted a general Q&A from multiple people, but I suppose I'll just browse around

We welcome all types here, even satanists. But the fact that I'm the only one who has thus far responded might suggest that folks are a bit off-put, or at least uncertain about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Dear Jane,
Why define yourself at all if not for the shock to people. We are all more than our conception of diety or devil. It is a personal thing for most people. What we believe needs not be explained here. We are a diverse group of authors. Everyone is entitled to what they believe without explaination.

You can post your work and as an author, expect the opinion of people who write. They will tell you if you are an awful speller, if your sentence structure is not quite up to par, if you have conveyed your ideas. . . . but there is no reason for anyone here to argue your spiritual persuasion. We are not a Sunday School.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Betty,
Couldn't agree with you more. My initial question was simple curiosity, and since then I have been explaining something, that should have been explained. This IS however something I am passionate about, so if I get an opinion 9 out of 10 times I will explain. Explaining is what my goal was, I would hope that some small comments about another users identity would come off as something I just felt could be the case, not what is reality. Also I began to notice that the statments being made were becoming more heated which is why I said please PM if you want to know more. I'm not here to educate, push, or control anything.
I will refrain from posting about religion if it causes threads like these, on this site.
Thank you
Arrow Jane LaVey
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 pm

You posed two questions about a religion most people are unaware of. However, most people understand the term serial killer. If you don't want to discuss your beliefs, but do want to know how serial killers are perceived, then maybe you should rephrase your questions.

Serial killers are evil. It's open to debate whether they were born evil or if they were influenced in some way that made them evil. I wrote this in 1998 (it was published in 2008):

Why I became so absorbed in what was obviously someone else’s pain didn’t occur to me at the time. I realise now that the anguish I felt was directly linked to the perpetrator of such a wicked act.

The gunman had shot himself, and it took several hours before the police released his name. For most of those hours, I remained racked with guilt at the thought that I might be able to identify the dead man and could have helped to prevent this wickedness. Of course, this was irrational but, within every community throughout the British Isles, there are known and unknown paedophiles, who have harmed children in the past and are a threat to children in the future.

My eyes remained focused on the screen, while my over-active mind concentrated on sifting and sorting the stored faces of men who lived, or had lived, within a thirty-mile radius of Barloch. A list formed and, one by one, I mentally crossed off them all. None of the men, even the ones I knew by name only, fitted my own inadequate image of a child molester.

All of a sudden and without warning, the name of someone I worked with years ago came into my mind. When he left the area, after his marriage broke up, I knew he’d had difficulty gaining access to his young daughter. Would this be enough to turn a quiet, gentle, young man into a multiple murderer in order to wreak revenge on those fathers who were allowed to spend time with their children? The idea was preposterous, but the relief was palpable by the time they announced the name of the killer because, by then, my temples had begun to throb.

Extensive coverage of this unprecedented event appeared in the newspapers over the next few weeks. Everyone connected to the various media was affected by this tragedy and it took several weeks before the newspaper coverage returned to normal.

Ownership of guns, pistols and firearms came under media scrutiny. The parents of those children who had suffered wanted public support to ban the sale of hand guns for private use. The public response, strongly in favour of the ban, put tremendous pressure on the government to change the law on the legality of owning certain types of firearms. Every week, some reference to the Barloch campaign to ban hand guns appeared in local and national newspapers.

With their livelihood threatened, numerous gun clubs around the country responded immediately, but the tide of public opinion against them was overwhelming and it was simply a matter of time before an inevitable change in the law. The people had expressed their outrage so vociferously the government had no choice but to respond. Nobody denied the argument that killers kill, and if you removed one kind of weapon, they would replace it with another, but the message was unequivocal: people who harm children will not be tolerated by a civilised society.

Children are the future, and we must not lose sight of our main purpose in life: to ensure the survival of the species, we have to protect the young until they can produce their own off-spring. Forgiving child murderers is not an option. A society that allows this kind of abhorrent behaviour devours itself.

My Worst Nightmare The Power of Persuasion Copyright © 2008 Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
jlueck

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Woah where did that come from? Issues? I've been Almost killed twice in my life. And I'm not talking about a car accident, or seeing someone die, because I've been through that shit too. One man strangled me unconscious and with out going into detail left me to die, someone i didn't know and couldn't find. The other was more recently when I was robbed at Gun point by two different men, then once again left on the streets. EVERYONE goes through life changing experiences, be it published or not. If that one guy who kill/molested a bunch of children was actually a group of men, and you went in and shot all of them dead, YOU would be a serial killer. I think it's very debatable that serial killers are "evil"

"If you don't want to discuss your beliefs, but do want to know howserial killers are perceived, then maybe you should rephrase yourquestions"

Also I would be more than happy to discuss my beliefs given it is a civil conversation.

BUT

I'm a Business woman, and don't have the time or energy for this. I thought it would just be a uniting community of writers, freethinkers, and so forth.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Last edited by LC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:46 pm

I worship God and Praise Him. I need Him every moment every day.
He has been very good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

10/6/2010

Who cares about this subject ! There's enough evil
in the world.......

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Joe,

You are so right! Evil prevails! In the churches, government--everywhere! Fortunately God is much stronger.
I cannot imagine anyone wanting to align themselves with Satan.

Satan has no qualities I admire or wish to worship. Serial killers are not worthy of emulation as far as I am concerned.what an avocation. I'd much prefer to help people.

God has all of my admiration, thanks and praise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .   Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

Serial Killers or Satanists? - Well In My . . .
Page 1 of 1