Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!

Go down 
+2
Shelagh
madhatter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! Empty
PostSubject: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:03 am

Hiya, my friends.

Whew. I'm digging my way up from the pile.

Night before last, my coauthor and I had a wonderful, arsy book launch at the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science here in Tallahassee. What a hoot! We played off the theme--Class vs. Crass--and decorated with silk and silver, and redneck folk art.
All in all, a successful event. We sold books, laughed, and sent our vampire parody "Evenings on Dark Island" into the universe. I have pictures on the Media page of the book's website if you'd like to take a look: www.eveningsondarkisland.com

My brother crafted an amazing three-tier redneck serving apparatus from a wheel rim, two Ford hubcaps, and a silver bowl. We filled it with Moonpies and Hershey's Kisses. Not to be outdone, I made a redneck candelabra of beer bottles and one wine bottle. The YouTube book trailer was projected onto one large wall, and coauthor Larry Rock--he is also a production company owner--constructed all kinds of special lighting for the event. Class act, all the way.

This weekend, I am taking a break from the world to regroup. No TV, no newspapers--just coffee, a little workout, and "me" time.  Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! Sleep  Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! 634186  Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! 467915

Now that I'm out from under all of that event planning jazz, I'll check in here more often!

Love to you all!

Rhett
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:10 am

madhatter wrote:
Hiya, my friends.

Whew. I'm digging my way up from the pile.

Night before last, my coauthor and I had a wonderful, arsy book launch at the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science here in Tallahassee.
Artsy? Or a real bummer?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:20 am

Rhett,
sounds like you had a successful good time. R & R does seem in order.
We'll look forward to your posts.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:22 am

It's great to see you back--we need your humor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Dear Rhett,
I get a vision of the redneck candle thing. I hope you put some sparkles on it. You must have had a lovely hoot and smiled through the whole shebang.

Love,
Betty

Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Cool pictures and site. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!    Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Been crazy-busy, but thinking of y'all!
Page 1 of 1