Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Purple Haze

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Purple Haze Empty
PostSubject: Purple Haze   Purple Haze EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 pm

No, it's not the cloudy way I'm seeing the world tonight. This has been one of the most pleasant 4ths in a while, for lots of reasons.

This is a beer that I actually like.

I love a glass of a mellow, berry hinted cab. A martini, once in a while, made with Tanqueray 10, is a beautiful thing. But beer - uh-uh, not me.

But yesterday, while I was shopping for tonight's dinner at our local supermarket, I came upon a wine and beer tasting, and the beer being offered was this wheat beer with raspberries. I know that my son-in-law likes wheat beer with a slice of orange, so I thought this might be a good thing to have for him, so I tasted it. And it was really good. So I bought a six-pack to go with our dinner, along with a nice cab - also very berry.

Both drinks turned out to go very well with the Simon & Garfunkel Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Garlic and Grilled Romaine and Bell Pepper Salad. I had fun preparing it all on my new grill. It was a beautiful afternoon here in SA. A little overcast, a nice breeze, the temp not much over 90. My little covered patio was very comfortable, and we all had a good time.

We missed Susan's Jim, who had to head back to Iraq on Thursday, but as he left, he did something that endeared him to me forever. He sent a "thank you" message to his "wonderful wife" - on Facebook - for God and everybody to read. That was so cool.

We all had a good visit, though, and I'm feeling very mellow, sipping the last bit of my purple haze and nibbling on the last bit of grilled red onion and yellow bell pepper - how colorful is that!

Hope everybody had a happy 4th!

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Purple Haze Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple Haze   Purple Haze EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:03 am

Ann,

‘how colorful is that!’

Very. I have never been to an independence celebration or a thanksgiving for that matter. But, I’ve drunk wheat beer in Belgium and martini at the Ritz and I can bear witness to the mellow feeling.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Purple Haze Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple Haze   Purple Haze EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 am

Ann,
You deserved a great fourth and I am glad you had one. Never feel guilty for enjoying yourself. If you hae been absolutely wretched, it would not have improved my day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

Purple Haze Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple Haze   Purple Haze Empty

Back to top Go down

Purple Haze
Page 1 of 1