Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Falling In and Out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:37 pm

What a hard thing is pain. I know our Carol is aquainted, our Alice is, too.
Carol wrote that she was so tired of pain. I understand that. Abe in aquainted with pain,too.

I try not to take pain pills. I have too much to do and they inhibit my mind and the rest of me, too. I have my ways. I have made a bag of rice that I nuke for the top of my spine. I have a heating pad for the night, but sometimes, like today, it becomes too much. A pill for pain.

I am looking forward to American Idol. What hopes and dreams, what concentrated effort has gone to this night for Crystal and Lew.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Make that Lee.

I am reminded of our Harpe. Oh! the music that is is his brain and the tunes he can play!

Somehow, music is connected to the brain in rhythms that only our own brain understands. The thing about poems and poems with music attached is that the brain can remember each and every word until death. It makes me think that books ought to be set to music and sung.

I imagine that is the way that old stories were passed on, as songs.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
What a hard thing is pain. I know our Carol is aquainted, our Alice is, too.
Carol wrote that she was so tired of pain. I understand that. Abe in aquainted with pain,too.

I try not to take pain pills. I have too much to do and they inhibit my mind and the rest of me, too. I have my ways. I have made a bag of rice that I nuke for the top of my spine. I have a heating pad for the night, but sometimes, like today, it becomes too much. A pill for pain.

I am looking forward to American Idol. What hopes and dreams, what concentrated effort has gone to this night for Crystal and Lew.

Love,
Betty

Betty, I get it about the pain thing. I have arthritis in my hands and neck. It is a b***ch for a writer. Most of the time, I get so engrossed in what I'm writing that I don't notice. At others, well, you can tell because My sentences don't always start with capital letters. The worst is my right pinkie. It doesn't like stretching to the shift key.

I don't like pills, either. A little glucosamine/chondroitin is all I will take. My mom took so many pills - everything from prednisone to methotrexate. they were part of what killed her.

This is a picture of my great-great grandmother, Martha Ann, taken in 1918, when she was just my age, nearly 67, (this was Ailcy's daughter, whom I was named for) and her beloved Perry. Can you see her hands? Mom's looked the same once she was in her 70's. I suppose mine will, too, eventually. Sooner or later, everyone in that family got the "rheumatism."

Falling In and Out Martha%20Ann
Do you ever watch Dancing with the Stars? It's the only reality show I ever watch - though not often. I could dance once. That was then.

I hope Carol's pain is better.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:13 am

I hate pain when it gets so bad. I walk around in my wheel chair to get my legs moving and not stiff. I have a heater to warm in the microwave and then put on my back. I use the heating pad. I stretch in yoga type moves. I move my feet as much as possible. I listen to music and distractions, even shows like dancing with the stars and others.

But last night the doctor told me not to worry about overdosing on meds. All my doctors have been concerned about control of pain. They know pain can immobilize a person which is not good. However, the meds can disrupt appetite. They don't seem to affect my thinking. He says I will not be addicted. I told him I worked with alcohol and other drug abuse programs. What amazes me and is a good thing is that my prescriptions are written on paper that cannot be tampered with.

Ann, I have arthritis in my hands and the best thing I found was a paraffin dip. I got one from a beauty/manicure source which was much cheaper than from a medical source. You melt the wax and then put dip your hands and it feels fantastic. The mitts that you can put in the micro are also good. What helps me is typing, playing the piano, and in general using my hands.

I really hate when pain takes over my life and affects what I can do. But I also know ignoring it is impossible and not healing.

Music is wonderful and has been proved to be helpful.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Dear Ann, I have hands like that, too. What a lovely photograph!

I have been a manual person all my life. Everything I do and have done has been with my hands. What lovely things hands are! How beautiful and expressive they are. They are the dancers of the body, I do think.

Carol, I am so sorry for your pain. Mine is nothing. Take the pills.
My son-in law has had his hip replaced and that was nothing compared to the knee replacements he had this year. He had to thave pain pills to deal with the pain. He worried about the addiction, too. But here he is, not addicted, bact to work. God bless pain meds.

I am rambling on here.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:57 am

Hey Carol, sorry you're not feeling well. What kind of heating pad are you using? I've bought my mom several from this site:

http://www.healiohealth.com/

They have much more effective products than what's available at the local Walgreens.

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and saw that you can now buy electric roller massage pads ($150-$200) to put on your office chair, similar to what salon pedicure chairs have. I was really tempted, the roller massage is always the best part of a pedicure for me, lol.

Ann -nice photo. I've always wondered why people several generations back look so "different," for lack of a better word.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks LC. I checked out the site.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

Falling In and Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling In and Out   Falling In and Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Falling In and Out
Page 1 of 1