Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION

Go down 
+4
dkchristi
Abe F. March
alice
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION Empty
PostSubject: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm

1/28/2011

We'll it's finally happening the middle east is falling like dominos
one country after another, Tunisia, I heard Algiers is in chaos
Yemen , Egypt about to fall any hour. The Saudi Royal family is
shaking in their pants, they have inside revolutionaries who are
dying to execute them, when the rest of the Arab world see's this
more countries will fall, oh yes Lebanon is in total Chaos !

What is your thoughts.....

Mine: Let them fall..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Joe,

I feel bad for any nation in trouble and the people involved.
It is sad and scary.
As to what the US can do?
I don't know.
Can we stop them from falling?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 pm

1/28/2011

Alice..

It's none of our business aren't we in enough
trouble.

Cheers..Joe

Last edited by joefrank on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Joe,

Yes! Too much!

Last edited by alice on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

1/29/2011

It's predicted Egypt will fall within a few days,
they also predict this will effect all oil ! What
else is new !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 pm

The events are not as simple as they appear. Don't rush to conclusions based on media reports.
As for our involvement, we need to keep hands off and not contribute to the chaos. It is often our policies and/or support for a regime that sparks revolution.

Be patient and wait for things to settle down. Eventually we'll learn the truth.
Sometimes revolution is necessary. Sometimes it is motivated for power grabbing dictators. In most instances, the people suffer. A new regime doesn't guarantee stability, and don't let the word "democracy" influence your thinking. That is a buss word that is often used to gain western support.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 pm

1/29/2011

Just read on BBC News Or MSNBC News that Egyptian people
have surrounded the Cairo Museum to protect their artifacts
and King Tut's treasures, then the army came in and surrounded
the museum to protect it, it makes me happy to know that people
love and protect their history....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 am

Egypt is probably revolting because its people have not been given the recognition they so richly deserve in the founding of England. lol!

The commentators are woefully ignorant on this salient point.

Who would like to inform them?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am

Can you imagine a world that doesn't turn on oil? If suddenly the need for oil was ended; what would happen?

I remember a movie where thieves store gold bricks in a cave and put themselves into some type of sleep whereby they awaken in the future when their deed is long forgotten.

When they haul their gold out of the cave, they discover the gold has the value of sand; of course, that's after the friendship ends fighting over their gold bricks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 am

alice wrote:
Egypt is probably revolting
... it probably is.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 am

alice wrote:
Egypt is probably revolting because its people have not been given the recognition they so richly deserve in the founding of England. lol!

The uprisiing is to stop the English from claiming that Egyptians are direct descendants of Anglo-Saxons. farao MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION 545232
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 am

Shelagh wrote:
alice wrote:

The uprisiing is to stop the English from claiming that Egyptians are direct descendants of Anglo-Saxons. farao MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION 545232

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION 973110
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 am

I don't know anything about Egypt's financial situation, which is ostensibly what they're rioting about. But I don't see that the countries around Egypt are doing any better. Is this really about trying to change Egypt's moderate government into another fundamental Islamist one?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 pm

It has been
said that one must be careful what you wish for, for you shall get it. Some people need a strong hand to maintain
control. In the west, that is seen as
unjust and we support people who are fighting for a democratic form of
government.

In the
west,it usually infers free elections. They
had free elections in Palestine and voted in Hamas. Israel and the US didn’t want to recognize the
democratically elected Hamas government. So much for democracy!

The people’s
choice is not always elected. The
popular vote in the US doesn’t mean that person will be
President. What a crazy and wonderful
world.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:41 pm

What's the point of looting your own museums?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110129/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_protest_antiquities
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Well, LC, that is very strange behaviour, indeed. It isn't as though it has been done before. Looters, thieves and pilferers never existed in centuries past so there is nothing previous with which to compare them. Take Britain, for example, our history books conceal the truth about any kind of destruction that took place at the hands of common folk. All the ruins and artifacts are evidence of the ruling classes need to hide the contents of such ruins from future generations. But they don't fool us. No siree.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:31 pm

1/30/2011

I just read about the looting in Cairo, stores, malls, banks,
expensive homes, now their looting car show rooms
outside of Cairo, to me that's a poor excuse for human
beings, it has nothing to do with going against the Govt.

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Frustration. It's similar to kicking a cat, also reprehensible behavior. When humans feel powerless, they seem to go amuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 pm

The peoples that can be excited into destruction of national history are usually not concerned with the countries history they destroy. That is why they are into the hysteria it takes to be mindless and unselective about those relics and into stomping on the people who care about such stuff.

I believe in revolutions. I wish they were more friendly and selective, but they are most always bloody.

A revolution in the USA is almost impossible, unless it is so quiet and underground that it is like a tide that washes out a sea wall. Small bit by small bit. It would not take long, but it would have to be so quiet and a lot of people would have to check their tongues.

If power ever was really in the people's hands, the people would let other people with more golden tongues tell them what they thought and ought to do.

I imagine it will take a Holocaust for people to care past their own
miseries. Sad, but that is what I think. There is no world view when the window of your soul cannot see past your living room window and care not a whit about the people next door.

we are 30 years away.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Betty,
I believe your perspective is on target.
I have close friends in Jordan. I asked their opinion about what is happening in their country and the surrounding countries, Egype and Saudi Arabia. I just got an interesting email with their perspective. I've asked permission to share their comments, however I expect they want to keep it confidential since they are closely connected to the government. I can share my impressions that are based on my information sources, but don't think it right or prudent to name sources.
Unfortunately, unless sources are revealed, people don't take what is said as being valid. We want to know the credentials of a person before we believe what they say. We also decide on the news source/media as to whether we will believe what they report. Being cautious and not taking things at face value is a good thing, but sometimes it can be a blinding thing. Common sense, as with Betty's comments, are often filled with more truth than from some political analyst.

When we can view the "democratic process" in a perspective other than our own, it can take on a different meaning.

As for revolution in America, peaceful revolt takes place at the ballot box. Unfortunately, the choice of a candidate is limited to our two party system. We need a third party, in my opinion. Write-in votes may be the only way to fight the system. Perhaps the revolt can start with our election process. Make the will of the people count and not the vote from the Electoral College where the votes are stacked.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 am

1/30/2011

It's amazing how the will of the people will over ride
and endure against tyranny , dictators and govt. I
believe the people of Egypt will prevail , I do believe
this revolution will spread further to other countries
in the Middle East, Tunisia fell, Algeria is in chaos,
Lebanon is up in the air.....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 am

Shelagh wrote:
Well, LC, that is very strange behaviour, indeed. It isn't as though it has been done before. Looters, thieves and pilferers never existed in centuries past so there is nothing previous with which to compare them. Take Britain, for example, our history books conceal the truth about any kind of destruction that took place at the hands of common folk. All the ruins and artifacts are evidence of the ruling classes need to hide the contents of such ruins from future generations. But they don't fool us. No siree.

James made a lasting impression. lol!
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 am

Was that a riff off a James post? Ok, that explains it. I couldn't figure out Shelagh's post at all, so didn't bother responding. lol.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 am

LC wrote:
Was that a riff off a James post? Ok, that explains it. I couldn't figure out Shelagh's post at all, so didn't bother responding. lol.

Gotta love British/ Egyptian humor. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm

joefrank wrote:
1/28/2011
Alice..

It's none of our business aren't we in enough
trouble.

Cheers..Joe

Maybe it's a good time to reread John Donne's Meditation XVII.
http://www.online-literature.com/donne/409/

Quote :
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION Empty

Back to top Go down

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next