Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Withdrawing work from the market

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Withdrawing work from the market Empty
PostSubject: Withdrawing work from the market   Withdrawing work from the market EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:19 am

Hello, I was wondering if somebody could answer this question. This question may be a little odd. But there is no such thing as a stupid question is there. Can an author withdraw work or a book from the market? Talk to their publisher? Reasons for this could be embarrassment or not believing in the work now.
Back to top Go down
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawing work from the market   Withdrawing work from the market EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

If it is an e-book, I think you can...but, a printed version? Hm...my feeling is: once published, always published...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawing work from the market   Withdrawing work from the market EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, once you toss something out there, it's out there ...do you mean, can you take it out of print? Depends on who owns the rights and what they want to do with them. Ask 'em!
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawing work from the market   Withdrawing work from the market EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:59 am

I would have thought the author owns the rights to their book. Just ask your publisher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawing work from the market   Withdrawing work from the market Empty

Back to top Go down

Withdrawing work from the market
Page 1 of 1