Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Choosing a way to Market

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Choosing a way to Market Empty
PostSubject: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Do you focus on one particular area of what you are doing for your blogs, sigs, etc.? Or do you have a separate blog, sig, area for each one? i.e. I have consulting, book, and publishing company. So there are 3 areas that aren't necessarily intertwined and yet they can be.

Do I do a blog for each one, a sig for each one, or a website for each one?

I need some suggestions for a signature block for all my posts and blogging.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:06 am

Sue,

I've tried a variety of approaches. Many people say niche blogs work better than blogs that are about everything but the kitchen sink.

Actually, my best response came from a blog in a now-defunct blogging community. It didn't have a niche, but it had lots of exposure because there were a lot of people there and everyone commented on everything. This got a lot of nice comment threads going.

Otherwise, my MySpace blog always gets the most readership simply because MySpace offers much better exposure for unknowns than stand-aline blogs on blogger or WordPress that it's very difficult to attract readers to.

I don't write about current events or fads, so my tags are not likely to be very buzz worthy.

Even niches are hard--e.g., I think you're the only one from Published Authors who's visited and commented on my Writer's Notebook, so readers even with in niche areas are hard to attract.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:03 pm

As I don't do any marketing, what can I say other than it seems to me that keeping everything linked together is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Sue,
Send your books to a BIG New York Publisher. Tell them your name is Dick Stodghill, and to make the checks out to your new pen name, and send them to you new P.O. Box.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Sue,
getting a web site known is hard. It helps to link (show your site address on other sites) that want to do the same. Just start contacting them. There is also a list of e-zines (internet newspapers) you can contact and ask for a review.

If you have something readers can down-load free also helps.
Perhaps a daily new cooking hint, how to save $$$ in hard times, or dog something or other.
Think outside the box.

Radio stations are always looking for something to fill air time. Contact them and ask to be on their list of "Who we can use to help fill blank spots."
Go to book fairs.
Will your book best be sold with other items?
Flower shops are a great place to stock books. (consignment.) Two or three in every flower shop...Pay the shop 40% when they sell.
Back to top Go down
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I think you should really try and do a website for each one. Although you may be able to link them together in some way, it will appear more professional if you have a website for your consulting and another for your publishing company. Yep, more work, but possibly more rewards.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks domenic and Flash... I appreciate the input.

I originally posted this last year and in that year have come a long way. I have a personal website at http://suesunshine.com, my consulting website at http://soulglances.com, and the publishing website at http://www.weavingdreamspublishing.com. They all need work. Just haven't had the time. I need to add the authors, books and ISBN's to the publishing website, as well as some other things. Like you said Flash, it takes work and time, but there are rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a way to Market   Choosing a way to Market Empty

Back to top Go down

Choosing a way to Market
Page 1 of 1