Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm

10/2/2012

I just found out today that Sprouts Farmers Market bought Sunflower Markets,

does anyone know about them ? How are their products ? From what I read they'll

have 139 stores throughout the Southwest, 10,000 employees and take in 2 billion

dollars a year...We have two Sunflower Markets here..

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 am

Sunflower recently bought out a group of local markets here, Jo. They were supermarkets that specialized in local and organic meats and groceries. Like Whole Foods only usually smaller and more "homey," at least the ones here were. I stopped driving to them when a large HEB Market opened about a half-mile from my house. They also carry local and organic, and I can get everything in one place. The Sunflower stores varied in quality according to the managers. Now that a brand new Whole Foods opened last week, just down the road a bit from the HEB Market, it will probably be a while before I check it out, but will let you know if I hear anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 am

10/3/2012

Ann..

Whole foods is very expensive I used to go to one here,

the prices were way out of line, Sunflower Mkt. is three minutes

from me and Trader Joe's is fifteen minutes, what I don't like about

Trade Joe's is the isles are too narrow...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 am

I agree, Joe. I used to go to the Sun Harvest stores that became Sunflower, but the quality was not always that good, and none of the stores were very close. Which is why I was so glad that HEB put in one of their large Market stores so close to me. I am spoiled, now. I will probably go to the Whole Foods, since it is now almost as close, for the times when I'm willing to pay for their quality, but I cannot afford to shop there all the time..

But I have friends who still shop the Sunflower stores, so, If they do become Sprouts, I will probably give them a try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

I discovered Sprouts in El Paso and ended up buying most of our produce there. They usually had the freshest stuff in town and service was always excellent.

Their prices were competitive. Not as cheap as Wal-Mart, but not as expensive as Albertson's.

I really liked their cheese section, since they had many brands that I could not get at other stores and I remember their fresh bread in the morning.

Either way, if they have a new one in your neighborhood- go and check it out. If nothing else you get some exercise Smile)

Huggles
Katja
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?     Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know about " Sprouts Farmers Market ?
Page 1 of 1