Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY

Go down 
+3
Dick Stodghill
dmondeo
jaycox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-09-03

MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY Empty
PostSubject: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey guys! My daughter has finished building mae a website for my latest novel! I think she did a great job! check it out at:
www.memoirofamindtoy.webs.com
I so excited by what she has done. I'm so computer stupid so I relied on her for everything. She says the music doesn't work yet, but she will try again on her next visit. I think there is still alot of work that needs to be done to it. Let me know what you guys think! Give me some input.
Sincerely,
Jay Cox
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:49 pm

It looks great Jay. The photos don't appear to go full size when you click on the button but hey it's a work in progress so a few bugs are to be expected. Brilliant Job. MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:21 am

I think she has done a great job on the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:02 am

She has done a good job jay, but if you put say.. Hmm, I could find a host for $2 a month, which is faster and more reliable.

And then you could get www.jaycox.com or whatever for $6 or so.

I would help to build a professional website, I have been doing it since I was 9.

I like the website never the less, and I am really looking forward to Memoir of a Mind toy!

Smile Nice
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks dmondeo, Dick, and Incogneto for your kind words. I will let Cathy see your replys. That will please her. She was very dissapointed that the music didn't work and the pictures were too small.
Incogneto, I'm considering your proposal. That sounds like a winner! It's amazing what the young mind can come up with! And I know all the students coming out of school nowadays are computer experts. Us old fogeys have alot to learn about computers. I need to catch up with the technology.
God bless you all,
Jay
chn11@cebridge.net
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 am

Cathy did a great job! I joined the site.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 am

Haha, 'old fogeys'.

Well Jay, are you planning on putting your website on your books?

If so it would look unprofessional to have memoirofamindtoy.webs.com.

I would love to help you, it really wouldn't take too much effort. Smile I enjoy creating websites, I am developing two currently for an online MMORPG Called Runescape. I also run a blog for runescape which is endorsed by a large forum with over 75k members Smile
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 am

It isn't necessary to use a different site to keep "webs" out of the URL, if you think that might be a problem. You can use webs and still purchase a domain name for a very reasonable price.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:58 am

Webs will still put advertisements on, and disclaimers. And since there are thousands of websites on webs.com and limited website designs. It is likely that Jay's website looks like about 100,000 others Ann.

So I would reccomend moving.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:36 am

Incogneto wrote:
If so it would look unprofessional to have memoirofamindtoy.webs.com.

Webs.com have noticed how successful the Ning sites are (especially for SEO) and are changing the services they offer to be more like networking sites. They are advertising their websites to anyone who is setting up a group/organisation and wants to interact with visitors to the site. Members can join websites and upload their photos, videos and blogs. There is very little stigma attached to websites such as MySpace, Facebook, Ning and all the other networking sites. Webs is just becoming yet another networking site. At the moment, the features are fairly simple but more and more applications will be added to increase membership.

We all have to adapt or perish.

Last edited by Shelagh on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:53 am

Also, the best I can tell the "free" has been removed from the site. Did it not used to be called "Freewebs?"

I'm sure incognito is a great designer, but web designers are a dime a dozen, and the fact is that most of us won't get enough traffic to our sites to make it worthwhile to pay someone to design the site.

I think your daughter did a great job, and see no reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:33 pm

I tell you what you can do Ingogneto...
After you have read the book and know important details like Glenda Davis did for the video, why don't you take it upon yourself, build me a web site, and if I really like it (probably will love it) I will buy it from you. You have turned into one of my favorite fans.
Join my site when you can.
Sincerely,
Jay
PS- Thanks for the nice comment Mr. Harpe. I'll tell her. Also webs.com does now charge money if you want to do more creative things and raise your 25mb to 100.
Shelagh! You have neen great! I'm very busy at the hospital I work at, but will have alot of free time soon to spend valuablre time with all my new author friends.
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Incogneto...
I'd love to see what your young creative mind could come up with.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 am

Wow Jay,
I do not want any money from you seriously. I said it would cost $3 a month for the hoster - not me.
And $6 a year for the .com.

I won't be taking any money.

I would set up a nice CMS and get a great theme, add the content. I could have it looking amazing.

I do not want any money, eheh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY   MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY Empty

Back to top Go down

MEMOIR OF A MIND TOY
Page 1 of 1