Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Nice Compliment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

A Nice Compliment Empty
PostSubject: A Nice Compliment   A Nice Compliment EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 am

Not exactly a review but a nice compliment for James Lincoln Warren, founder of Criminal Brief (www.criminalbrief.com ):

In other news, Dick writes:
… is it one helluva long short story or does it just seem that way because it is serialized?
It’s about ten thousand words, or about twice the length of a typical short story, but well within the length constraints of both AHMM and EQMM. And by graceful segue, Dick, …
Allow me to plug the November issue of Alfred Hitchcock, the lead story of which, “Deathtown”, you wrote.
It is a fabulous story, evocative and tough. Hammettesque. I especially loved your discount femme fatale. To give our readers a brief taste, let me just quote the opening sentence:
“I had forty-seven cents in my pocket when the gas gauge hit empty and I coasted to a stop in front of a roadside diner on the outskirts of a gritty place called Dealtown.”
How can you go wrong with an opening like that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A Nice Compliment Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Compliment   A Nice Compliment EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:30 am

Well deserved compliment. I too like the opening. Now for "the rest of the story."
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

A Nice Compliment Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Compliment   A Nice Compliment EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 am

"Discount femme fatale" -- funny how one word (discount) can paint such a clear picture. Sounds like a cracking read, Dick!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

A Nice Compliment Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Compliment   A Nice Compliment Empty

Back to top Go down

A Nice Compliment
Page 1 of 1