Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Two-year trip to find yourself?

Go down 
+7
Phil
Betty Fasig
LC
thehairymob
Dick Stodghill
Carol Troestler
Malcolm
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Two-year trip to find yourself? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two-year trip to find yourself?   Two-year trip to find yourself? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Dear Ann,
I think you should consider writing a cookbook of Tex-Mex meals. About thirty years ago someone wrote a cookbook and got it published in hard copy titled, White Trash Cooking.
I think it sold very well. It had pictures of the dinners all in different shades of gravy brown. Laughing There was no plastic broccoli adorning those plates looking perfectly green next to the macaroni and cheese.

I love Tex-Mex food. Perhaps this whole forum could write a cooking book together, with wit and fun and good recipes, simple foods, and lovely pictures. Shelagh could publish it.

I am a plain cooker. Tonight we are having roast beast with Hunters Sauce with mushrooms. The Hunters Sauce is a McCormick package (one of ten different ones I got at the Scratch and Dent for 10 for a dollar) Simple seasoning in cornstarch. Saves me time and tastes good. My David loves gravy, sauces, mayonaise, steak sauce,hot sauce and anything that make it juicy. Me, I love butter. duck sauce, and sour cream.
I have to check the potatoes.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Two-year trip to find yourself? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two-year trip to find yourself?   Two-year trip to find yourself? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

8/28/2009

Hi Everyone.. Smile

I just retired a month ago, it feels good to sleep
late, ha ! 7:00 Am , Miss Dusty gets me up, " Let's go !" is
her meow. So I feed her, take her out on the patio, feel the
great cool breeze , now it's getting cooler in Santa Fe 50
degrees. I have one eye on the computer and one eye on
the large living room window to see what Dusty is up to. Later on I sit and write for awhile, a new murder mystery that takes place in Cape Cod. I meet a friend outside town to have lunch, after awhile I'm back, checking e mails and plotting my next writing move. After lunch a trip to the nursery to check out their new houseplants or plants for the garden, Oh yes I did buy two butterfly bushes, they attract my favorite Humming Birds and Butterlies. Then a cat nap with Dusty at my side. Later in the day it's coffee time and the computer, Dusty sitting by my chair with a look of " Please can I got out," as usual I give in, put on her leash and she sits on the patio, a severe rain storm kicks up, she sits and watches the rain, thunder and lightning, this girl isn't afraid of anything. Twilight I tell her, no, tomorow is another day.....

Cheers...Joe... Two-year trip to find yourself? - Page 2 94519
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om

Two-year trip to find yourself?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2